Code of Conduct

Default Fruit-Chouli Options...Need some opinions Please

Hi All,

I have a pretty diverse collection of stuff. I enjoy some of my dime store cheapies and I also like to indulge in high dollar thrill seekers. That being said, price and "reputation" could not be of less importance with the following...

I have decided that my favorite combinations come from fruit and patchuoli. Of course (as can be detected by my signature) I am a fan of Aventus and I also enjoy Pure Shot. Both of these seem to really fit my personality and my chemistry jives with them.

Question is - are there any other combos out there like them? Thanks in advance.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

Default Re: Fruit-Chouli Options...Need some opinions Please

Aqua Motu by Comptoir Sud Pacifique has that vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Aqua Motu by Comptoir Sud Pacifique has that vibe.
    Thanks - and exactly why I posted...I would NEVER have found that locally.
    Signature Rotation: A* Men, Pure Havane, Dunhill Pursuit, Varvatos Artisian, Guerlain Vetiver

As far as fruit and patchouli, I really like Paco Rabanne Black Xs.

You get a really nice strawberry note and something like rhubarb and just when you think "wow, I smell like a 12 year old girl" the patchouli kicks in and makes everything a lot darker. It's definitely a strawberry/patchouli dominant scent...and people say praline, but I'm not really sure what that smells like or if I was able to detect it.

A lot of people say it's feminine and aimed at the younger crowd....I wouldn't exactly argue with them, but I wouldn't necessarily agree either.

It's worth checking out, IMNSHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    As far as fruit and patchouli, I really like Paco Rabanne Black Xs.

You get a really nice strawberry note and something like rhubarb and just when you think "wow, I smell like a 12 year old girl" the patchouli kicks in and makes everything a lot darker. It's definitely a strawberry/patchouli dominant scent...and people say praline, but I'm not really sure what that smells like or if I was able to detect it.

A lot of people say it's feminine and aimed at the younger crowd....I wouldn't exactly argue with them, but I wouldn't necessarily agree either.

It's worth checking out, IMNSHO.
    Thanks - I've probably seen it 1000 times, but always look past it. Probably because at most stores it sits next to 1 Million (which I'm not a fan of) so it's guilt by association. I'll check it out next time. Appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtruck260 View Post
    Thanks - I've probably seen it 1000 times, but always look past it. Probably because at most stores it sits next to 1 Million (which I'm not a fan of) so it's guilt by association. I'll check it out next time. Appreciated.

It's very possible you will hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    It's very possible you will hate it.
    Lots of people apparently dislike Pure Shot...I'll report back and let ya know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Fields of Rubus from Kerosene.

This one looks promising. Thanks for the tip.

+1 Black XS
    John Varvatos 10th Anniversary edition though its not heavy on fruits but still an amazing fragrance.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

If you want fruit-chouli, why not try a spritz of the one that started it all? Yes, I mean Angel. That Angel. The one that sits at the (gasp!) women's fragrance counter.

If you can get over the counter location and you like sweet fruit-choulis, Angel's hard to beat. Bonus: not floral.

(I stopped a guy in the United terminal of O'Hare who was wearing Angel and, after confirming his fragrance choice, told him smelled smashing. Which he did.)

1+ on Black Xs, one of my favorites...
    I'd appreciate more suggestions too... You can never have enough Fruitchouli frags.

In spite of the trappings of its own popularity, YSL La Nuit de l'Homme le Parfum (the EDP flanker of La Nuit) might be worth testing.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    If you want fruit-chouli, why not try a spritz of the one that started it all? Yes, I mean Angel. That Angel. The one that sits at the (gasp!) women's fragrance counter.

If you can get over the counter location and you like sweet fruit-choulis, Angel's hard to beat. Bonus: not floral.

(I stopped a guy in the United terminal of O'Hare who was wearing Angel and, after confirming his fragrIance choice, told him I smelled smashing. Which he did.)
    I enjoy it on my wife...why not on me? Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post

(I stopped a guy in the United terminal of O'Hare who was wearing Angel and, after confirming his fragrance choice, told him smelled smashing. Which he did.)
    I absolutely agree with this, and I would go for the Liqueur de Parfum or the Pure Leather versions... I love them and wear them.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Blog Entries

L'Ambre de Carthage by lsabey; despite the name, this is actually a better-than-average-quality fruitchouli.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I agree that just going with Angel is likely the best bet. It's shamelessly lacking in subtlety, yet on the right people and with restrained application, it can really work.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    L'Ambre de Carthage by lsabey; despite the name, this is actually a better-than-average-quality fruitchouli.
    Thanks for the tip. Going to have to check this 1 out now

Really liking M. Micallef Patchouli. Very sweet but also very enticing. Just not for me.

Picked up XS Black today...not blind - I had the gal spritz my hand. I can understand
    why some would find it irritating. I like it - but its certainly
    limited in is range of use. No way I'm wearing it to work. I'd wear
    it to a club for sure.

What about the notorious Amen(if you don't mind the initial tar blast)?

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    What about the notorious Amen(if you don't mind the initial tar blast)?
    One of my favorites...

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Really liking M. Micallef Patchouli. Very sweet but also very enticing. Just not for me.
    So you like it, but it's not for you ???
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    So you like it, but it's not for you ???

That's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    That's correct.
    I get it. I would probably never wear Ambre Sultan...but
    I like how it smells on other people.

Just an update....Lapidus PH is exactly what I was looking for.