Thread: Today I bought: March 2013
L'Eau Du Trente-Quatre 100ml by Diptyque
Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...
six scents modesty for 40 bucks. i already have crust. might buy the whole line!!!
Bought Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme
Got it for extremely cheap: 100ml $50
...got my first L'Artisan fragrance through the post yesterday. It's only a hand-bag sized bottle of Timbuktu. Finally, I understand the sweet vetiver, patchouli and incense. The ingredients really ooze quality in this. And it's lasted right through to today, meaning I can't detect today's SOTD, which is Green Irish Tweed!!
Eagerly awaiting these two bad boys!
Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?
My first MFK!
Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM. Based on sampling and a recommendation by Mick Trick. Thanks!
Pascal Morabito: OR BLACK
(50 ml Voyage/Travel size)
Just received this and think it's a great fragrance from initial spray to dry down.
I'm very impressed with Or Black and the Pascal Morabito customer service as well!
Or Black could be a signature scent, if I had one.
“interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag
Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme 50ml
Dior Homme 50ml
Acqua Di Gio
YSL La Nuit
Eau de Minuit Midnight Cologne 100ml by Lolita Lempicka
I have met yesterday the Italian Nose - Lorenzo Villoresi and I've brought home with me:
Lorenzo Villoresi Mare Nostrum - Aura Maris
Teint du Neige - Candle by Lorenzo Villoresi
Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 9th March 2013 at 10:24 AM.
A 250ml bottle of vintage Cravache by Robert Piguet
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Picked up some "vintage" 2010 Dior Homme. It seems strange using the word vintage but things change so often here it could mean anything older than last week.
Amitabh Bachchan Black by Lomani 100ml
I was lucky to get hold of some Gems yesterday, I was hunting down already these beauties for quite some time Amazing Stuff;-))
Cartier - Le Baiser du Dragon Perfume
An amazing scent that starts with an amaretto Neroli combo-accord, sinking into a heart of Iris and Gardenia, drying down into a Vanillac ,Musk, Sandalwood base.
An Absolutely Exquisite Fragrance, IMO The smell of Luxury!
Joop!- What About Adam
This Gem was sadly discontinued back in 1999, Created by the FIFI Award winner: Clarice Becker back in 1997, Clarice is one the best Noses available currently, just to give you a glimpse of her Creative Talent:
- She is the nose behind Christian's Dior Monster J'Adore
- Clarice has also created most of Kilian's Fragrances.
Back to What About Adam, it opens with a Spicy zesty Grapefruit, mint, Lemon, tomato leaves Accord, developing into a heat of Lavender, Geranium and Sandalwood and innocently keeping the best of the symphony for "Le Grand Finale": Vetiver, Oakmoss and Vanille concludes this Green Opera.
The bottle, I was lucky to purchase is a tester, therefore the cap is not the original one ,the Juice remains pristine, fresh.
To my Nose What About Adam is simple and plane: The Green Heaven
Gucci - Rush Men,
Sadly Discontinued,since 2002, Gucci Rush for Man is a very woodsy, dry, Masculine fragrance. I would put this gem in the same realm of: Amouage-Epic Man, and Le Labo Rose 31( due to its dryness).
A spiritual walk though a dry forest in the summer, in this forest, there were not much of a green vegetation as it was high summer, the Juniper trees were drying out, rain has not fallen upon the earth in months, the Cedar trees were also suffering from the absence of rain.
Unfortunately at the certain point, a ray of light felt from sky and had sparked a fire in the forest.
I can definitely understand the non Mass appeal for this fragrance:
- It was too Avant Garde for 2000, by the time the entire planet was being invaded by "The Sport and Aquatic Fragrances", while Gucci Rush was presenting the World with a different approach;
- Its bottle does not translate the scent's idea, as a white bottle will suggest a clean fragrance, Gucci Rush is everything but clean, to my nose Gucci Rush is Woodsy and Smoky, I am very glad to welcome back this beautiful fragrance in my collection.
Jean Paul Gaultier - Fragile EDP
Created by the Master Parfumeur Francis Krukdjian - Fragile was inspired by Tuberose reference Fragrance "Fracas" however fragile, is a discreet, clean and polite compare to most of Tuberose based Fragrances currently available in the market.
While mainstream tuberose based fragrances on their majority are rounded by a coconut accord, fragile goes another path: Raspberry leaves and oranges, another point that sets Fragile apart from most Tuberose Fragrances is the absence of the Narcotic facet present on Tuberose - Fragile is the Angelical sister of Fracas.
Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 10th March 2013 at 06:00 PM.
Sean John Unforgivable Multi Platinum
Montale Pure Dahab 100ml
Givenchy Gentleman 100ml aftershave lotion showergel
Allure Homme Sport