Code of Conduct

Wink What about Royall fragrances? Royall Muske, R. Lyme, R.Vetiver, R. Spyce, R. Bay Rhum

At least the bottles looks classy. It seeams mostly fragrances of Royall Fragrances are weak and has poor longevity, also the bootles comes in 8 oz and the box says "all lotion purpose". I think it is more a "body lotion" than a scent... Is there any of them worth buying?

Default Re: What about Royall fragrances? Royall Muske, R. Lyme, R.Vetiver, R. Spyce, R. Bay Rhum

They're aftershaves that can be used as all-over cologne-style splashes.

I've only tried the Bay R(h)um, and it was pretty good, but there are better Bay Rums available.

I've heard good things about Muske, too.

Default Re: What about Royall fragrances? Royall Muske, R. Lyme, R.Vetiver, R. Spyce, R. Bay Rhum

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    but there are better Bay Rums available.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    I've heard good things about Muske, too.
    Yeah, i am curious about muske and royall vetiver too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidvader View Post
    Yeah, i am curious about muske and royall vetiver too!
    I am hoping to try Royall Vetiver more than any other from the range, as I really do love vetiver, but I've only heard comments along the 'meh' line about it.

I'm still keen to check it out. I'll seek it out when I head stateside later this year.

I own Royall Spyce and Lyme. Both above average scents as aftershaves but the longevity is not great. I do enjoy them but for the price I won't be replacing my bottles when they are empty.

Blog Entries

You gotta try them yourself, I saw all the longevity comments but got me miniatures of three of their scents and was surprised that on me they had a good life-span.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

I really like the Muske. Not sure I'd buy the lime or the Rhum again.

Blog Entries

They have a new one named RUGBY!
    sent via commodore 64

The lime is a nice refrshing lime splash, and the Bay Rum is a classic decent one, I recently tried Rugby and it strongly reminded me of Terre D'Hermes, perhaps a decent cheaper alternative.

I love Royall Lyme. It's my go to when I need to be uplifted but don't want to be perfumey. I prefer it over the likes of mugler cologne for this purpose. Fresh lime and musk.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Blog Entries

I used to think they had the same problem Caswell & Massey had; terrible distribution.

Just discovered though Brookes Brothers stores carry Royall items.
    sent via commodore 64

The Royall Lime used to be a gold standard for fragrances of that kind. The Bay Rhum was pretty good, too. The Muske was a bit of a latecomer, but I liked it because it was what I started using when Royal Copenhagen went down the toilet in its reformulations. Now the Muske has been reformulated too and is more generic smelling. I think all the Royalles have been reformulated rather recently - it seems to me that they all have been weakened a bit.

Check out Cable Car Clothiers, a San Francisco-based firm. Their website usually has some fragrances available. I got a little gift set at their brick and mortar store about a year ago of five Royalle frags in half-ounce sizes. Cute and so portable!

If I remember correctly their Vetiver is a pretty shameless, but solid copy of Guerlain (weakened though obviously) the all-purpose lotion aspect is kind of nifty though as you can supposedly put them in washing and the like.