44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Afgano by Nasomatto

13 29.55%
  • Bijan(vintage) for Men by Bijan

23 52.27%
  • Interlude Man by Amouage

8 18.18%

Smile Bijan(vintage) vs Interlude Man vs Black Afgano

which fragrance is strongest one on this list,which one have long lasting projection & powerfull projection and strong sillage

if someone want to vote for Bijan but for reformulated version then he or she can vote for vintage version freely
    Last edited by Hovo; 5th March 2013 at 05:19 AM.

Default Re: Bijan(vintage) vs Interlude Man vs Black Afgano

My guess would be the last one.

Bijan is too niche for me and i haven't try it yet, so can't comment

Interlude & Black Afgano, both has excellent longevity and projection, however between the 2, i gotta give my vote to Interlude

Leather Oud and Puredistance M would be great contenders as well
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

If its like the one I tried once, then Bijan - it has a half life like uranium 238.

What difference does it make, though? They're completely different.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sound Scents

Bijan for Men (vintage) is the strongest (though Black Afgano is pretty close on the performance side of the spectrum)... and it also easily smells the best of the three, IMO.
    Last edited by drseid; 1st March 2013 at 09:57 AM.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie

Another vote for Bijan as the strongest fragrance but I don't like any of them enough to recommend one over the other...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Have only tried interlude, out of all the amouages I sampled it was definately my favourite and lasted for a good 10 hours with good sillage.

Interlude Man is crazy strong. A spray to the chest and 1 to the upper back easily last 24 hours on my skin, ending up not just on my t-shirt, but also on any layer worn over the t-shirt where the scent remains for days. It's nuts. And that's 2 sprays from a sample vial sprayer - meaning, not even from an actual bottle which presumably would be stronger.

In terms of bang for your buck, a sample of Interlude Man goes a long way. A 100ml bottle would last an eternity.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Black Afghan. Spray it thrice. I dare ya.

for swap/sale:

I suspect that many of those voting have not tried all 3.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Black Afgano.

Another vote for Bijan as the strongest fragrance
    This stuff is STRONG, and in fact is probably the loudest, most powerful masculine scent I've ever smelled,just one spray of this juice is enough to last entire day
    Last edited by ijjz; 2nd March 2013 at 05:44 AM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Bijan for Men
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Interlude Man

I have suffered through hours and hours of one little spray of Bijan that just wouldn't go away no matter how I tried to remove it.

I love vintage Bijan and, yes, this sucker will be with you and everyone else for quite a while.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Bijan for sure no if's and's or but's about it.
    I love Jasmine.

Bijan. This was almost declared a Weapon of Mass Destruction when it first came out

Black Afgano had me wishing i didn't spray on each arm yesterday. It wouldn't leave me alone. So strong. Obnoxious.

Interlude is a better scent, and has amazing longevity as well. But its never made me want to jump into a pool of lemon juice.

Bijan for Men

I really think that the votes for the other two choices came from those who have not actually experienced vintage Bijan. I have a good number of vintage powerhouse fragrances in my wardrobe and the only one that even comes close to this is vintage Van Cleef & Arples pour Homme.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    I really think that the votes for the other two choices came from those who have not actually experienced vintage Bijan. .
    I agree with you
    Another vote for Bijan

Quote Originally Posted by HDDP View Post
    Bijan is too niche for me

what do you mean?????
    Bijan is a designer fragrance!!!!
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

+1 for Bijan. I don't wear this often (don't want to slay the Lady) but even in the current EDT form I have to apply it in drops (never more than 5 in the chest/neck region). I find it herbaceously pleasant and not at all crass like many reviewers/a handful people I've subjected to it but it's easy to lose track of exactly how far its smoky tendrils are extending. Even if you grow anosmic to it after several hours, understand it is very much still there.
    "Strange things are afoot. I am one of them and I am up to another." -*^-'._.'-^*- - S.B.

Bijan has 48-hour longevity, and the word "sillage" does not adequately describe its radiance - we're talking nuclear fallout here. This stuff is scary strong.
    Last edited by Hovo; 5th March 2013 at 05:29 AM.

I greatly dislike Bijan, it'd badly dated, and has a repugnant character that smells cheap and extremely tacky. It's like an industrial strength bathroom freshener used in a cheap greek diner's mens room. 48 hour longevity, and ridiculous sillage.

Black Afghano is ok, but doesn't smell at all like Hashish. It's just a dark smokey scent with very little optimism or charm. It's like a chain smoker who is also dirty. Outstanding longevity and sillage, but so does being a chain smoker.

Interlude Man is not quite to the level of a nuclear sillage bomb as the others, but it does have great sillage and positively outstanding longevity. The most interesting thing about it's longevity, is that for days, it is never linear.....it evolves even after 24 hours. Plus, it's a far more charming, wonderfully multifaceted scent, with a full developemnt that takes well past a single day.

For the first few days, you may smell aspects of the smokiness from Memoir Man, or the fruity resinous spiciness similar to Jubilation XXV, as well as a bit of the fruit from OPUS IV. the fruitiness is the most undermentioned part of Interlude man. The Oregano and allspice are likewise the most overmentioned aspects of it. Perhaps there was a batch difference from early batches, but Oregano never sticks out too much at all...it serves as a natural balance to the sweetness and a natural anchor for the composition to float above. And the allspice is not eugenol, it's a very dry, full-on-woody smell of all the aspects of grinding whole allspice, including the woody and medicinal aspects.

Then it moves away from smokey fruitiness, towards a strong "japanese incense accord" not unlike CDG Kyoto with a hint of something like Pal Zileri's Sartoriale or Bogart's City Tower, but smokier, woodier, and much more natural. It smells like opening a box of Shoyeido Nan-Zan, in a room that had oud chips burned in it, at this stage. This stage persists longer on my skin, but on clothing the smokey incense never outshines any other notes.

Then the lower heart and upper base are similar to the weight, radiance, and darkness of vintage M7, with a very purplish-red resinous quality from labdanum and myrrh. or perhaps even more leaning towards something more vanillic like Dior Homme Intense or spicebomb. It still has a woody/herbal quality to it, and I've seen a reviewer call this "the niche A*men", and it does have a pronounced gourmand aspect balanced with patchouli.....but the comparison is like comparing Ferregamo's Incanto Essential to Creed's Erolfa. Same genre.....entirely different leagues. Interlude has this sort of dark tangy Patchouli with a hint of Oregano still lingering. This resinous, dark, mysterious, and slightly gourmand stage is my favorite, and fortuneately, on fabric, a VERY long lasting stage.

The dry woodiness and smokiness then comes in heavier as the sweetness subsides slightly, and this dry woody/smokey aspect is always accompanied by a thick resinous aspect, as well as sweetness. It is not a dry, weak ashtray like Memoir man, or a pure black, stubbornly stern smoke like Black Afgahno, it is pleasant and charming, sweet, but never too much so, even at the sweetest stage, where it may lead you to believe it might get too sweet/gourmand.

Let Interlude man develop for several days, and you will very clearly smell the other end of Opus IV in it, even moreso than the fruitniess in the top evoked from Opus IV. Thankfully, it has only a tiny taste of Opus IV's cumin, that doesn't present itself until late in the 2nd day or early 3rd day of development on clothing. And there is also an excellent dry cedar note at this stage, to make things classier and more "western friendly"

So while the other two may get a slight edge in sillage or longevity, Interlude man, to me, is miles and miles ahead of them in appeal and composition. It's Amouage's best recent release, since their infatuation with smokey incense.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 5th March 2013 at 02:43 AM.

Cool Re: Bijan(vintage) vs Interlude Man vs Black Afgano

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    If its like the one I tried once, then Bijan - it has a half life like uranium 238.

What difference does it make, though? They're completely different.
    To be sure that's the one that permeates hallways for hours after the wearer has passed by

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Am I the only one that Hovo is spamming via PM on the subject?

Since you haven't gotten the hint by my not responding to your PMs, I'll tell you here: All I know is that Bijan is wicked strong and smells awful. I haven't tried the others. Now stop spamming me.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    Am I the only one that Hovo is spamming via PM on the subject?

Since you haven't gotten the hint by my not responding to your PMs, I'll tell you here: All I know is that Bijan is wicked strong and smells awful. I haven't tried the others. Now stop spamming me.
    LOL!!!! No, you're not the only one. I didn't even read it. I just hit delete.

Dullah's review of Interlude Man is excellent. I wore Interlude Man a few days ago and I can still smell it in my sheets when I go to bed. That's nuts. Yes, it costs $280 a bottle, but I can't imagine wearing more than two sprays of it, which means a 100 ml bottle would last years even if it you wore it every day.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bijan is not only THE sillage nuke but works perfectly as shark repellent and an industrial strength paint remover.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

closed at OP's request