Code of Conduct

Arrow Guerlain Vetiver Frozen Men?

Has anyone tried this one? I didn't see it listed in the reviews. Is it under a different name?

Thanks again.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guerlain Vetiver Frozen Men?

It's in the DB as Vetiver Eau Glacee, and as I understand it isn't terribly popular. I'm terribly curious about it just from the conceptual standpoint.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Yes, "Now Smell This" mentioned it has a surprisingly woody opening. I sniffed it when it launched years ago but dont recall the opening. All I remember is it's "cool" qualities - a bit like those found in Mont Blanc Individuel.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    It's in the DB as Vetiver Eau Glacee, and as I understand it isn't terribly popular. I'm terribly curious about it just from the conceptual standpoint.
    I saw the Eau Glacee in the DB and wondered if it was the same. The reviews didn't look too bad, but there are not that many, so I would agree that it probably isn't too popular.

I have Vetiver Frozen/Eau Glacee and it's a bit odd. I like it but it does come out of the gate with a very hard woody/nutty feel that almost makes me think of boiled white rice. A tad mentholated. Where the original Vetiver has a warmth from the tobacco and frankincense, this one stays a bit rigid and cold as the name suggests. I could never quite warm up to it. I think I like Vetiver Sport a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I have Vetiver Frozen/Eau Glacee and it's a bit odd. I could never quite warm up to it.
    Lol

I got one myself today, 75ml for 50$ I had the choice between vetiver and vetiver extreme. It was a hot humid sunday here in Montreal I had no difficulty to make my choice.The sillage is very good but very light at the same time. It's really fresh, I dont think that its really woody. I dont consider vetiver to be wood. Vetiver is a plant. Think about fresh cutted green plants immersed in very cold icy water mixed with fresh lime and orange. The spice notes are really light. Longevity is about 8h the first 6 hours the sillage is really impressive. The classic vetiver is more close to the skin than this one.
    "You can look at a picture for a week an never think of it again. You can also look at a picture for a second and think of it all your life." Joan Miro

Don't own it but have tried it. Not bad IMO

Looking for more opinions on this one. I'm a big fan of the original, and I've been looking for a good mint fragrance. This seems like it would be a good fit. Is the mint prominent? How does it compare to the original?

Overcome By Fumes

Noticeable mint, maybe not prominent. I mean it's still Guerlain Vetiver, although the spice is toned down. I like it quite a bit, more refreshing than the original and not as watery as Sport.

Cool, thanks doc! I think I'll take a shot on it. Anyone else?

I'm interested in this too. I actually ordered a bottle a couple weeks ago (from an online retailer) but just found out today that they did not actually have it in stock.

I think Ebay still has some for a reasonable price.

^ Can I ask which online retailer it was?

I love this one but not on its own (perhaps a bit too bitter). I have a bottle which I routinely layer with other frags.

It goes beautifully with heavy amber frags such as (Ambre Russe and L'Air du Desert Maroccain) and vanilla frags.

For example today I'm waring 4 sprays of Eau Glacee and 1 spray of TF Tobacco Vanille. The end result is absolutely beautiful.

This could be my fav version of vetiver. It is more citrus, bright, and uplifting. For some reason, the tobacco in the original makes the experience feel depressing.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I have it, bought blind 'cos mesmerised by Guerlain Vetiver. Not a patch on the original IMO, but OK.