Code of Conduct

Default An old unknown fragrance, similar to Patou pour Homme. Please help (pics)

Bought last week at a garage sale, still sealed in cellophane.
    I was curious and I bought it. Since there isn't any ingredients list, I can assume it's before year 2000 (probably 1995 to 2000)
    Ok, I know it's almost a blasphemy, but...
    this is quite similar -at least in the drydown- to Patou pour Homme (I have tested both, side by side) While the top notes are different, the base notes are very similar.
    Absolutely not a "cheap" fragrance, but who know it?

The biggest problem is that this fragrance is completely unknown and I can't find any info about.
    Can someone help ?

Default Re: An old unknown fragrance, similar to Patou pour Homme. Please help (pics)

It may seem like an obvious thing, but have you tried calling the distributor, Weruska and Joel ? Maybe someone who has worked there for a while might be able to help.

Also, what does it say on the box under the words Eau De Toilette ? _____________ D'Images et Parfums Paris - I can't see the first word.
    Last edited by Paul P; 1st March 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Default Re: An old unknown fragrance, similar to Patou pour Homme. Please help (pics)

Never heard of this.

Wow Andre,
    Your threads and posts are always very interesting. I love discovering this sort of thing ~ and I've learned over the years that the smaller italian produced houses turn out some stunning stuff !!
    Keep the threads coming, PLEASE !
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

You are right, excuse me: the words are " ENTREPRISE D'IMAGE ET PARFUMS, PARIS "

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P View Post
    It may seem like an obvious thing, but have you tried calling the distributor, Weruska and Joel ? Maybe someone who has worked there for a while might be able to help.

Also, what does it say on the box under the words Eau De Toilette ? _____________ D'Images et Parfums Paris - I can't see the first word.

Never heard of it. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrč Moreau View Post
    Bought last week at a garage sale, still sealed in cellophane.
    I was curious and I bought it. Since there isn't any ingredients list, I can assume it's before year 2000 (probably 1995 to 2000)
    Ok, I know it's almost a blasphemy, but...
    this is quite similar -at least in the drydown- to Patou pour Homme (I have tested both, side by side) While the top notes are different, the base notes are very similar.
    Absolutely not a "cheap" fragrance, but who know it?

The biggest problem is that this fragrance is completely unknown and I can't find any info about.
    Can someone help ?

Also Andre,
    What does it say on the small transparent label on the base of the bottle ?
    It looks like Prod. Cosmonoa/ Cosmonova..... ? Trefar....mello.....? I can't quite read it.

in the base of the bottle:

MOI et MOI
    Eau de Toilette
    Prod (=produced by) Cosmonova (it's an italian perfumery lab)
    Trofarello TO (city of Trofarello, near Turin)
    License number UTIF------ (UTIF rules were created in 1995, it may helps to date italian perfumes)
    Idrato 100 - Anidro 80 ( total liquid: 100, without water: 80)
    WERUSKA & JOEL
    Turin

Not much but at least a mention here:-
    http://dnb.alacrastore.com/storecontent/dnb2/436888283

Weruska & Joel do own 8 other perfume houses
    Cesare Paciotti
    Compagnia Delle indie
    Enrico Coveri
    Lancetti
    Lotto
    Parah
    Roberto di Camerino
    Roberto Capucci

There now, I didn't know that last one and Yendi is my favourite perfume so thank you for making me look.
    Last edited by mumsy; 1st March 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Well, if it's Italian, probably very good

http://www.weruska.com/?page_id=16&lang=en

- - - Updated - - -

I love a good frag hunt

Here is the presidents article but I cannot speak italian.

http://www.bellezza.it/donne/new/int...d0504Weru.html

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe

Salute e Bellezza/Profumic. Moncalieri, 381, 10100 Torino, Italia

info@weruska.com
    Fax+39 011 6611348

- - - Updated - - -

confirmed by another
    Weruska & Joel S.r.l. C.so Moncalieri, 381 10133 Torino- Italy P.IVA: 03717270015 Tel.: +39.011.6611066 Mail:info@weruska.com

- - - Updated - - -

Cannot find the actual frag though.... I shall be back

- - - Updated - - -

Some others by them here.
    http://www.profumomania.com/en/produ...uska-Joel.html

- - - Updated - - -

Just a thought. If it is an exclusive distribution, then maybe it was made as a corporate gift for something else like a clothing launch. I really cannot find any reference to it. Not even in the perfume intelligence directory, and that doesn't usually fail us. For once you have got us foxed!!! Top marks for the find and the puzzle. My guess by the packaging is about 1985.
    Last edited by mumsy; 1st March 2013 at 10:59 PM.

Nice find!
    I never heard of it...
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I love a good frag hunt

Just a thought. If it is an exclusive distribution, then maybe it was made as a corporate gift for something else like a clothing launch. I really cannot find any reference to it. Not even in the perfume intelligence directory, and that doesn't usually fail us. For once you have got us foxed!!! Top marks for the find and the puzzle. My guess by the packaging is about 1985.
    Thank you very much, I'll try to contant Weruska&Joel and Cosmonova again. I think the box could be dated 1995-2000, because there is the Bar-code on the bottom (introduced by 1995) but not the mandatory ingredients list (mandatory by 2000) ....if I am not doing any mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrč Moreau View Post
    in the base of the bottle:

MOI et MOI
    Eau de Toilette
    Prod (=produced by) Cosmonova (it's an italian perfumery lab)
    Trofarello TO (city of Trofarello, near Turin)
    License number UTIF------ (UTIF rules were created in 1995, it may helps to date italian perfumes)
    Idrato 100 - Anidro 80 ( total liquid: 100, without water: 80)
    WERUSKA & JOEL
    Turin
    Thanks !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I love a good frag hunt

Here is the presidents article but I cannot speak italian.

http://www.bellezza.it/donne/new/int...d0504Weru.html

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe

Salute e Bellezza/Profumic. Moncalieri, 381, 10100 Torino, Italia

info@weruska.com
    Fax+39 011 6611348

- - - Updated - - -

confirmed by another
    Weruska & Joel S.r.l. C.so Moncalieri, 381 10133 Torino- Italy P.IVA: 03717270015 Tel.: +39.011.6611066 Mail:info@weruska.com

- - - Updated - - -

Cannot find the actual frag though.... I shall be back

- - - Updated - - -

Some others by them here.
    http://www.profumomania.com/en/produ...uska-Joel.html

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks !
    Last edited by david; 2nd March 2013 at 07:43 PM.