Code of Conduct

Default Would anyone bother faking Curve?

Bought a gift pack off an online retailer. So, the fact that the serial numbers on the big box don't match the bottle doesn't concern me all that much. However, nowhere on the box or bottle does it say Liz Clairborne. Nowhere. Instead, it's "EA Fragrances" on the bottom of the bottle. And on the bottle itself, the title "Curve" is a sticker, where I seem to recall it being just printed on the bottle.

But why would anyone bother faking a cheapie like Curve?!

Default Re: Would anyone bother faking Curve?

I doubt it.

Basenotes Junkie

Not fake. Don't know if it's always been a sticker but it's a sticker on the one I have. Mine is also made by EA fragrances. Mine is a tester from FragranceX. Seriously doubt FragranceX is selling fake testers of Curve. Oh yeah, the most important thing, mine smells like CURVE!

Yes there is a fake Curve out there....its called Mont Blanc Legend I believe...

I had one and it was just like you described.

NO ONE would fake Curve...too much trouble for too little money. Don't get sucked in by all of the Creed fake/batch variation crap or you will begin to question everything you own as fake...

Most likely not. But then again considering this scent's popularity, consistent sales etc., who knows...

It's popular so it might be faked but also cheap so I don't think it's worth it for people to fake it, not much return.

Basenotes Plus

I believe that's called "balking."

It's perfectly fine.

The differences you are noticing are due to this line of fragrances being sold under a long-term licensing agreement to Elizabeth Arden (hence the "EA") last year.

Reading for your convenience here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/30/bu...ight.html?_r=0

Banned
    Blog Entries

it is cheap, but even then, perfumes have a very high profit percentage

I cannot comment on whether someone would or would not fake curve.
    all i can say is, that if there is a designer fragrance, there is a fake for it.
    some are extremely good, 99% similarity in both looks an smell, while others are shabbily copied and can be spotted from a mile.
    I have seen and cannot stress enough, that there is a fake for EVERY designer fragrance, be it a cheapie such as cool water or something more pricey such as Terre d'hermes.
    The only thing you can trust is your nose.
    P.S- if its a really good copy, an amateur nose may also fail to pick up the intricate differences.

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot comment on whether someone would or would not fake curve.
    all i can say is, that if there is a designer fragrance, there is a fake for it.
    some are extremely good, 99% similarity in both looks an smell, while others are shabbily copied and can be spotted from a mile.
    I have seen and cannot stress enough, that there is a fake for EVERY designer fragrance, be it a cheapie such as cool water or something more pricey such as Terre d'hermes.
    The only thing you can trust is your nose.
    P.S- if its a really good copy, an amateur nose may also fail to pick up the intricate differences.

I agree only partly with Fraghead, there are alot of swindlers out there...but to fake curve is like counterfeiting a $1 bill... If you are going to the trouble, you are going to counterfeit a $20 bill. Much better return.

They make fakes of everything popular. My uncle owned an upscale-ish fast food restaurant, and every time i'd go in there to visit, there would be a hustleman that would come in with a backpack trying to sell "SWANKY CALLONEZ".

Every single thing was fake. What ever happened to the 80's and 90's with gypsys selling you the real deal for just a couple bucks? those were the days lol. now everything is fake.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    They make fakes of everything popular. My uncle owned an upscale-ish fast food restaurant, and every time i'd go in there to visit, there would be a hustleman that would come in with a backpack trying to sell "SWANKY CALLONEZ".

Every single thing was fake. What ever happened to the 80's and 90's with gypsys selling you the real deal for just a couple bucks? those were the days lol. now everything is fake.
    Yep. If there's fakes of candy bars, there's fakes of anything.