Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hurry! Hurry! L’Artisan Parfumeur Vetiver from 1978 at Luckyscent.

Default Re: Hurry! Hurry! L’Artisan Parfumeur Vetiver from 1978 at Luckyscent.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Wow, interesting scent... I didn't know anything about this one... when was discontinued, in 90's? What kind of vetiver was? It exists another fragrance with the same vibe?

Post Thanks / Like

L'Artisan's Vetiver was a dark, earthy but fairly transparent vetiver buoyed by incense, cedar, oakmoss and bergamot. Improbable combination of intensity and lightness in the way of Sel de Vetiver. Still a soliflore, unlike Racine, for instance. Complex, nice longevity, but a very satisfyingly rooty vetiver note at the heart. Good stuff.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Too late, it seems.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh sh*t.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I am so lucky to count this as one of the 53 large bottles in my collection from this house. Mine was purchased in the early eighties. Two more people are very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I am so lucky to count this as one of the 53 large bottles in my collection from this house.
    I hear ya.
    I treasure my bottle. It really is a wonderful scent.

I'm also blessed to own L'Artisan's discontinued Santal as well. Another good one.

I really should start wearing these more often...
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Damn!

for swap/sale:

Post Thanks / Like

What's currently available that even remotely resembles this?

Jean Laporte was a kind of genius! A lot of favs of mine were created by him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
    Jean Laporte was a kind of genius! A lot of favs of mine were created by him
    I totally agree. I love so many of the great ones he did for MPG after he sold L'Artisan. He is certainly missed.

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

Well here they are, if you must have some:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:SS:US:1123

Post Thanks / Like

$120 for a 10ml decant lol

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    Well here they are, if you must have some:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:SS:US:1123
    CRACK.
    It's a one helluva drug!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    CRACK. It's a one helluva drug!
    Just finished my sample of this. CRACK, more specifically VETIVER CRACK might very well describe this drug, err, uhm, I mean juice. Think Encre Noir with an accent of incense an conifer - so well blended. Gorgeous. Make no mistake this is a masculine vetiver. It has taken over my favourite vetiver along with Mona Di Orio, Lorenzo Villoresi, Dior La Collection Privee, MPG Route de Vetiver, Carlo Corinto and Creed 1948. Why? Why! did they ever discontinue this one?

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Just finished my sample of this. CRACK, more specifically VETIVER CRACK might very well describe this drug, err, uhm, I mean juice. Think Encre Noir with an accent of incense an conifer - so well blended. Gorgeous. Make no mistake this is a masculine vetiver. It has taken over my favourite vetiver along with Mona Di Orio, Lorenzo Villoresi, Dior La Collection Privee, MPG Route de Vetiver, Carlo Corinto and Creed 1948. Why? Why! did they ever discontinue this one?
    LOL
    I agree 100%.

But I was referring to the seller charging those insane prices.
    He must be smoking something stronger than pot!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Oh puh-leeze!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit