Code of Conduct

Default I blind purchased Lapidus Pour Homme and One Man Show Gold Edition. Will I like them?

Will I like Lapidus and One Man Show Gold Edition?

I like gourmands, vanilla, amber, tonka, musks. My favorite fragrance is Le Male.

The reviews say Lapidus is honey and patchuli. I hope they made this right. I expect a beautiful warm honey smell.

One Man Show Gold is amergris with clove and apple. Some reviews compare it to 1 million, but more baked apples than bubblegum.

Has anyone tried these two fragrances? Please tell me I made a good purchase.

Are they pleasant to smell?

Default Re: I blind purchased Lapidus Pour Homme and One Man Show Gold Edition. Will I like them?

You should be good and properly sorry that u purchased that Lapidus stink bomb.
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Gucci II, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: Bergamote 22/Verdon Au Toilette.

Default Re: I blind purchased Lapidus Pour Homme and One Man Show Gold Edition. Will I like them?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSmells View Post
    Will I like Lapidus and One Man Show Gold Edition?

I like gourmands, vanilla, amber, tonka, musks. My favorite fragrance is Le Male.

The reviews say Lapidus is honey and patchuli. I hope they made this right. I expect a beautiful warm honey smell.

One Man Show Gold is amergris with clove and apple. Some reviews compare it to 1 million, but more baked apples than bubblegum.

Has anyone tried these two fragrances? Please tell me I made a good purchase.

Are they pleasant to smell?
    Own both. Think you'll be real happy with both.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Own both. Think you'll be real happy with both.
    I could not resist buying based on reviews.

For $19 to get 100ml is a good deal IF they smell good. If they do not smell good then it is wasted money.

I want a honey fragrance to expand my fragrances that are mostly vanilla. I hope Lapidus is warm honey.

I purchased One Man Show Gold based on google search for Lapidus and finding comparisons. I love hot apple pie, I like clove, and I like sweet scents. One review said One Man Gold is an updated Lapidus.

Total price is $36 shipped for both. I spend $90 on 1 bottle of Le Male. I hope this is a good purchase.

Only you will know.

You're going to regret buying Lapidus pH (IMO), but you might like Bogart Gold!
    Try Eau de Bavx or Lanvin Avant Garde.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

Quote Originally Posted by staticx View Post
    You're going to regret buying Lapidus pH (IMO), but you might like Bogart Gold!
    Try Eau de Bavx or Lanvin Avant Garde.
    What do they smell like?

Is Lapidus a honey fragrance?

Is One Man Show Gold apple bubblegum fragrance?

Lapidus Homme is a powerhouse fragrance, the beginning is strong but it develops quite nicely. Gold Man is a sweet candy/ fruit bomb like One Million.

@GoodSmells:Lapidus is a powerhouse scent..if you can tolerate the first 20-30 minutes then it is quite good. But the chances are that you will be blown over with the first puff!! Remember not to spray more than once to get the fair idea.
    Gold is sweet...I do not own it but tested it some time back. You may like it.

If you like honey then do try the ones I suggested they are cheap (under $40-50) and excellent.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Currently on my Rotation:
    1. Cartier D'un Soir
    2. Loewe Essencia
    3. Bergamotto Marino
    4. Herb Alpert Listen
    5. Artisan
    6. Bang
    7. GIT
    8. Pal Zileri No 18
    9. TdH
    0. Kenzo Homme

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Lapidus Homme is a powerhouse fragrance, the beginning is strong but it develops quite nicely. Gold Man is a sweet candy/ fruit bomb like One Million.
    Is Lapidus a powerhouse like Polo, very sharp? Or is it a powerhouse like a powder bomb? Is there any fragrance that smells like Lapidus?

I am happy that Gold is a fruit bomb. I need a sweet fragrance. I want a fragrance that makes people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSmells View Post
    Is Lapidus a powerhouse like Polo, very sharp? Or is it a powerhouse like a powder bomb? Is there any fragrance that smells like Lapidus?
    I have the original and the reformulation. I think the quality of the ingredients in the new one makes me feel ill. The original has a great sandalwood note and does not seem "synthetic" to me. Last time I looked there were a few vintage on ebay at non-outrageous prices, so I would have gone for one of them rather than for two recent ones with inferior ingredient quality. However, if you want everyone to look up when you enter a room, you made the right choices !

The new version is an odd concoction, especially with the pineapple. I can't think of anything all that similar. I have yet to try OMS Golden Edition.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 2nd March 2013 at 05:55 AM.

How should we know?

If you like stronger and definitely powerhouse scents, yes.

One Man Show Gold Edition is one of very few scents that really made me feel sick when I first tried it!
    NEVER EVER going to even try that! A real bomb! Even one spray of it is very much!!!
    Lapidus however is tolerable and even good for those who love REAL powerhouses.

I hear people describing them as powerhouses.

But that doesn't describe what it smells like.

I would call Polo a powerhouse. I do not like it because it is too strong pine.

I would call Le Male a powerhouse. I love this because it is sweet.

They are both powerhouses, but different.

What is the powerhouse smell of Lapidus and One Man Show Gold? Are they sweet?

You've bought two rather peculiar bombs. They are good purchases, esp the Lapidus.

I am a powerhouse frag fan. but neither of these 2 worked for me.
    The Lapidus, which I gave multiple wearings, came across as some sort of fruit juice (maybe pineapple or grape), very linear, no patch or honey that I can detect, and not nearly as powerful or projecting as claimed. My daughter said it smelled like a scent for an "old man."
    Bogart OMSG does indeed smell like apple and clove.. which is to say it smells like one of those potpurri things people used to put in their clothes drawers, and places like that. I prefer not to smell like potpurri.
    I hope they work for ya, dude. If not, you haven't spent much money.
    I've tried to sell or swap these two away... no luck.

If you're looking for something with some sweetness, much more wearable, good longevity, and compliment getter, try Prada Amber pour homme. It's almost like honeyed soap, and way better than those other two.
    Last edited by bigsteve; 2nd March 2013 at 04:41 PM.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    only you will know.
    This.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way... there's nothing wrong with asking others to tell you what to expect from a scent, but no one can tell you whether or not YOU will enjoy something. Your tastes and preferences are unique.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    This.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way... there's nothing wrong with asking others to tell you what to expect from a scent, but no one can tell you whether or not YOU will enjoy something. Your tastes and preferences are unique.
    Perhaps I should have asked:

Lapidus smells like ____________________ and _____________________.

One Man Gold smells like __________________ and ______________________.

Are they gourmands?

Are they similar to Le Male?

Where can they be worn? Daytime? Nightime? Work? Dinner? Other:_________________.

Will you like them ? Guess you'll find out. Sometimes, the descriptions don't really end up describing how it actually smells once you apply it. I try to avoid blind buys based on what others think because fragrance likes/dislikes are so subjective. Someone mentioned you'd regret buying Lapidus but others clearly like it.

In a nut shell. You bought two very powerful scents that are alike in nature but way different in how they perform. Neither one are like Le male and neither to my nose are gourmands. I say this because I am not a gourmand lover but I do like these two fragrances. Lapidus has a very strange opening but as it settles on the skin it becomes more warmer and wearable. OMGE has a very similar opening as Lapidus but more sweeter if that makes sense. Everything everyone is saying about Lapidus is spot on. Honey,incense, Pineapple, and such. I would describe it to mixing Pineapple juice,honey,lemon into a drink while burning incense sticks. Now take that picture and and add loads of syrup to the mix and you get OMSGE. Both are very good fragrances and both last for ages on my skin. I have never got a compliment from OMSGE but I have gotten numerous compliments with Lapidus. Its ok to own both but I think you will realize that you may like Lapidus better because of better quality ingredients than OMSGE. OMSGE can get real cloying real fast because of the sweetness but Lapidus never gets that sweet and it stays balanced through out. Cheers to your purchases.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/309...w-Gold-Edition