Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Eye-Creams for a 20-Something...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I've come to realize that I need to start using an eye-cream ASAP. I'm getting old - I'll be 24 this year - but I'm still slightly perplexed by eye-creams. I've never understood why normal moisturizer isn't enough but I'm taking no chances with my eye area. Could you please suggest an "age appropriate" eye-cream?

If not please feel free to post your eye-cream and why you like it.

For a list of what I use daily please click here.

Regards,

L'enfer
    What I've Been Wearing:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Eye-Creams for a 20-Something...

One of the main reasons eye creams are different from face creams is because eyes are very sensitive, and many of the materials contained in face creams can irritate the eye. Also, eyes can have its special problems, like puffiness or dark circles. That said, if you don't have any special problems and your face moisturizer hasn't irritated you yet, I don't see a reason for not using it.

I am older and tend to have puffy eyes, so use eye creams for that (I read that caffeine is very effective for the purpose), like the Clinique one.

cacio

I'd suggest going into a perfumery and tell the SA your story. Often they have samples of their products, so you don't need to blind buy. As cacio said, it's a sensitive area and everyone is reacting differently on certain ingredients.
    I only use organic stuff and would recommend the Dr. Hauschka eye cream for it's quite light and simply moisturizing, or Dr. Alkaitis, which is a bit richer.
    In cold seasons I am patting a tiny amount of oil or sheabutter above the cheekbone onto the skin to protect it against the harsh temperatures (oil shouldn't come to close to the eye).

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say eye cream should be chosen according to eye problem and not the age. You probably need some more moisturizing.

Post Thanks / Like

Frankly, I'd say save your money. You're only 24. People buy products like that in order to get skin like yours. And after 35 years of using, reading about, and listening to others talk about products (not to mention seeing the results), I'm convinced that "special" products like eye creams are a complete waste of time and money. Do you really know anyone who looks younger because of eye cream?

One thing I do recommend, though, is a daily moisturizer with SPF if you're not already using one. It doesn't have to be expensive (I've been using Lubriderm for ages), but daily UV exposure does cause damage, and it adds up over time. Start now and you'll be glad you did when you're 45 and really start to feel old!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your comments and opinions, I still feel it would be better to purchase an eye-cream now even though I am a tad skeptical about them.
    Last edited by L'enfer; 3rd March 2013 at 07:26 PM.
    What I've Been Wearing:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'enfer View Post
    Thank you all for your comments an opinions, I still feel it would be better to purchase an eye-cream now even though I am a tad skeptical about them.
    Check out "beauty routine" topic, there some recomendations on eye cream for you)) just skip the antiage ones.