Code of Conduct

Default Why I like Moon Aoud over Dark Aoud

The only difference between MA and DA is 2 notes. Remove Teak and Black Pepper from DA and replace it with Patchouli and a sterile Rose. These notes work for me and gives Moon Aoud more overall character. Moon Aoud is well blended, the dry downs are very similar, having almost identical notes. The rose makes MA polarizing and interesting and not so drab. I enjoy them both but prefer Moon Aoud of the two.

Moon Aoud: Saffron, Rose, Oud, Vetiver, Patchouli, Leather, Sandalwood, Amber

Dark Aoud: Sandalwood, Oud, Black Pepper, Saffron, Vetiver, Teak, Leather, Grey Amber

Default Re: Why I like Moon Aoud over Dark Aoud

Own and like both.

Both of these sound like winners.

Moon Aoud is Dark Aouds happy alter ego lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Aoud Lime was much nicer than I expected also, and was a close contender for a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    Moon Aoud is Dark Aouds happy alter ego lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Aoud Lime was much nicer than I expected also, and was a close contender for a bottle.
    Aoud Lime is sex-ay!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I really should order samples from perfumesraffy for some Montales. I've been intrigued by the line for a while, specifically Moon Aoud.

I eagerly anticipated sampling Dark Aoud after reading some threads here etolling it's virtues. I was disappointed but now I find myself anticipating Moon Aoud with the same eagerness.

Well, Moon Aoud sucks and you're wrong.

I'm kidding! I don't completely agree though, since I found Moon Aoud rather weird and powdery, but then again I wasn't the biggest fan of Dark Aoud to begin with. To say the least, Moon is interesting. In my opinion, the best of the bunch are Black Aoud, Wild Aoud, and Red Aoud (the last, I only smelled recently. AMAZING!!)

Moon Aoud is Dark Aoud with sterile rose, unlike all the other roses that i have smelled from Montale, and a small bit of rich patchouli, to sweeten it. Dark Aoud is almost barbaric and one of the most masculine fragrances I have ever come across.

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    Dark Aoud is almost barbaric
    That starkness or even brutality is what I like about it, but also means I can struggle to work out when I feel like wearing it. I really need to sample more of the Montale line and other oud fragrances.

thanks for the tip....I was leaning towards Dark Aoud but it sounds like I need to sample Moon Aoud first.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNosebleed View Post
    thanks for the tip....I was leaning towards Dark Aoud but it sounds like I need to sample Moon Aoud first.
    Moon is a nice alternative and more uplifting. Dont get me wrong, I love Dark Aoud, but this was a nice change.

Isn't that curious. My first experience with Moon Aoud reminded me of the deodorant puck you find in men's urinals in public washrooms. I couldn't wash it off fast enough...literally, as I was about four hours from a shower. Oh well, I still have the sample. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Quote Originally Posted by impdaddee View Post
    Isn't that curious. My first experience with Moon Aoud reminded me of the deodorant puck you find in men's urinals in public washrooms. I couldn't wash it off fast enough...literally, as I was about four hours from a shower. Oh well, I still have the sample. Maybe I'll give it another go.
    Funny, if thats what you call medicinal. Once the medicinal burns off and the patchouli kicks in and sweetens, then it starts. It is medicinal Montale style, that is for sure.

Own Dark, will be buying Moon soon, I still prefer the Dark though. Of the entire line, Aoud Lime gets me the MAXIMUM # of female compliments...One female colleague actually told me she wanted to stand by me and smell me the whole day - I am not making this up...