Code of Conduct

Default Metal Jeans, Giorgio/90210. Anyone? ...anyone?

Supposedly, it smells like vintage Fahrenheit, but it's not in the directory. Anyone have first hand experience with this one? Anybody own it? Can you tell me how it smells and how it wears?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Default Re: Metal Jeans, Giorgio/90210. Anyone? ...anyone?

Probably have to blind buy it. I know it's dirt cheap so it wouldn't be a risky one.

If it smells anything like vintage Fahrenheit, it has my vote.

Yes indeed it does smell like vintage Fahrenheit I have it.

One of us is gonna have to take a blind buy on this one
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    One of us is gonna have to take a blind buy on this one
    I'd buy it, but it's the Beverly Hills 90210 that stops me everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    No kidding. Not that we are snobs or anything. I just don't need images of a gelled haired Jason Priestly in my mind everytime I see my wardrobe . I am still debating however.....
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Agree, not a pleasant image or association.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    No kidding. Not that we are snobs or anything. I just don't need images of a gelled haired Jason Priestly in my mind everytime I see my wardrobe . I am still debating however.....
    Well if it does smell anything like vintage Fahrenheit then this is probably the sleeper of all sleeper's considering how highly regarded and pricey true vintage Fahrenheit is.

Update: F*** it. I bought a bottle. For a whopping $13.38 shipped.

Dependent

Well if it does smell anything like vintage Fahrenheit then this is probably the sleeper of all sleeper's considering how highly regarded and pricey true vintage Fahrenheit is.

Update: F*** it. I bought a bottle. For a whopping $13.38 shipped.
    Awesome, do respond with your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Awesome, do respond with your thoughts.
    Will do. Also for anyone else that's thinking about buying a bottle you can go on ScentedMonkey.com and put in the freegs code and it'll cost you a little over $10.

Will do. Also for anyone else that's thinking about buying a bottle you can go on ScentedMonkey.com and put in the freegs code and it'll cost you a little over $10.
    Look forward to reading your thoughts. Thanks for being "The Chosen One"

More HERE
    Please PM me !

This does smell like vintage Fahrenheit and it wears like it too. If you are a big fan of vintage as I was buy it and don't mind the measly brand name it's under.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    This does smell like vintage Fahrenheit and it wears like it too. If you are a big fan of vintage as I was buy it and don't mind the measly brand name it's under.
    Well the vintage was a straight up violet leaf nuclear bomb. Shocking is a good word for it.

Well the vintage was a straight up violet leaf nuclear bomb. Shocking is a good word for it.
    agreed..... Metal jeans to me has more of the violet leaf than the current fahrenheit does... Have you tried Metal Jeans to confirm?

Personally, I'm less interested in whether Metal Jeans smells like vintage Fahrenheit and more interested in how good it smells, period. Is it different enough from the current Fahrenheit to be worth buying? How does it wear?

I love Fahrenheit, but I'd also love different variations of it, or different scents than smell a lot like it but with a slightly different take. I know Fahrenheit has flankers, and I do enjoy Aqua Fahrenheit, but I wish Dior would do limited edition Mugler-style flankers for it... flankers that are the same, but with a twist, rather than being more or less entirely new fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Personally, I'm less interested in whether Metal Jeans smells like vintage Fahrenheit and more interested in how good it smells, period. Is it different enough from the current Fahrenheit to be worth buying? How does it wear?

I love Fahrenheit, but I'd also love different variations of it, or different scents than smell a lot like it but with a slightly different take. I know Fahrenheit has flankers, and I do enjoy Aqua Fahrenheit, but I wish Dior would do limited edition Mugler-style flankers for it... flankers that are the same, but with a twist, rather than being more or less entirely new fragrances.
    I think Aqua is probably the closest one to the vintage that I've smelled. 32 was completely different and because of that I didn't care for it at all. I should be getting this in a couple of days, but I'm hoping for a violet leaf heavy Fahrenheit because that's what the original is really famous for.

I should be getting this in a couple of days, but I'm hoping for a violet leaf heavy Fahrenheit because that's what the original is really famous for.
    If that turns out to be what it smells like - a violet leaf heavy Fahrenheit - that could be awesome.

LBI. It's very hard to say if it's different enough to own both. When I wear metal jeans I really feel like I'm wearing Fahrenheit. Metal Jeans goes through so many stages when I wear it. When I first spray it on It reminds me of vintage but then as it starts to move into the middle notes I get the current and then it goes back and forth for the duration of it's life. I like it because I really do think its got that heavy violet leaf ya'll are talking about. It's very rich almost like you have your nose right up on the leaf. It also has a dark feel to it. If yall get a chance to buy or smell this let me know if I am right about the violet.

Just received this today and I'm going to give it a few wearings before I pass judgement on it. My nose is a little off today. Here's some information I found on the notes. I'll let you guys be the judge:

A bold burst of vibrant Citrus notes and crisp greens introduces this sexy masculine scent, revealing an addictive heart of sensual woods. The fragrance is infused with background notes of Leather, Patchouli, Moss, Wild Musk and Amber, enhancing its evocative character.

Update: Sorry, guys. There's not going to be another testing of this one. I'm not liking this one. Didn't work out for me. Swapping......
    Last edited by silentrich; 9th March 2013 at 12:18 AM.

Update: Sorry, guys. There's not going to be another testing of this one. I'm not liking this one. Didn't work out for me. Swapping......
    Wow!!!! You didn't like it???? Do you like Fahrenheit?

Dependent

Wow!!!! You didn't like it???? Do you like Fahrenheit?
    Good question. Ever tried vintage Fahrenheit Rich? That's kind of the main question here.

Yeah, I don't see the comparison to Fahrenheit at all with this. This starts off with a fresh floral that quickly turns into pepper, a bit of patchouli, and musk. If I had to compare it to something I'd compare it to the David Beckham fragrance that smells like pepper or very slightly to YSL L'Homme Libre. That could be why I don't like it because I can't stand Libre's dry down. Maybe I'll do a test on paper only just to see if that makes any difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Good question. Ever tried vintage Fahrenheit Rich? That's kind of the main question here.
    I've had a decant of vintage, owned multiple bottles from 2006, 2009, 2010, and Aqua Fahrenheit.
    Last edited by silentrich; 9th March 2013 at 03:23 AM.

Yeah, I don't see the comparison to Fahrenheit at all with this. This starts off with a fresh floral that quickly turns into pepper, a bit of patchouli, and musk. If I had to compare it to something I'd compare it to the David Beckham fragrance that smells like pepper or very slightly to YSL L'Homme Libre. That could be why I don't like it because I can't stand Libre's dry down. Maybe I'll do a test on paper only just to see if that makes any difference.

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a decant of vintage, owned multiple bottles from 2006, 2009, 2010, and Aqua Fahrenheit.
    Noses def do differ from one another. I see no connection with libre at all and def not Beckham... i actually did a side by side of metal jeans and fahrenheit. the similarities are shocking.

Noses def do differ from one another. I see no connection with libre at all and def not Beckham... i actually did a side by side of metal jeans and fahrenheit. the similarities are shocking.
    Do you get violet leaf or honeysuckle in yours? Describe how it smells, because this smells nothing like Fahrenheit and if it's a bad bottle I'm returning it.

Dependent

Ha we have a real conundrum on our hands...

sorry Bob, rich has the upper hand with his track record / experience / seniority / more believable story.

Here's a side by side of my 2009 decant.

Fahrenheit opening = a huge fresh and nose tingling blast of violet leaf with the honeysuckle right there and the leather way in the background.
    Metal Jeans opening = Citrus combined with a little violet leaf or florals that smells like a clean linen.
    Fahrenheit heart = Everything melds together and forms the famous gasoline accord. Violet + honeysuckle + leather.
    Metal Jeans heart = Violet leaf is almost gone. Musk, patchouli, pepper, and amber. Does give it a dirty motor oil type smell.
    Fahrenheit dry down = The leather takes over.
    Metal Jeans dry down = It turns a bit sour on the skin and more of the amber comes out. Odd smell.

I'll stick by my L'homme Libre comparison. The only part that I could see being compared to Fahrenheit is the dirty motor oil type smell. Even in my 2009 bottle the violet leaf and honeysuckle are standing up with their hands raised saying "here I am." In the vintage they're on top of a table shouting it. Metal jeans doesn't have any of the notes that stand out. It's a mixture of notes that kinda smells like this or kinda smells like that to me.
    I don't agree with Bobster on this, but I always appreciate his reviews and recommendations. This one didn't work out for me, but I've bought some other fragrances off of what he's said about them in the past and have been very pleased. Try this stuff out yourself and maybe you might like it. Just my opinion.

Ha we have a real conundrum on our hands...

sorry Bob, rich has the upper hand with his track record / experience / seniority / more believable story.
    No doubt.... I def do not doubt rich's experience but I do know about different bottles and how they are stored and where there bought from. Many people here agree with me on the comparison to vintage Fahrenheit. I for one for the life of me get no comparison to libre at all. As much as I try I just can not. Libre has that very fresh musky opening which is totally different to Metal jeans. I also get no pepper in Metal Jeans either. This is a case of difference of opinions and thats ok thats what makes fragrances great. You can agree to disagree and still have respect for each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you get violet leaf or honeysuckle in yours? Describe how it smells, because this smells nothing like Fahrenheit and if it's a bad bottle I'm returning it.
    You may have a bad bottle. Who knows depending on where you bought it from. I guess the rich opening I am describing in the opening of Metal Jeans is more honeysuckle then violet leaf. In my bottle it just does not let up at all until it get's to the mid and base notes. I def agree it does have that dirty oil feel that Fahrenheit is known for. Thank you for your encouraging words as well and mad props to you too.

Dependent

Now I'm hoping I run across this cheapie in a store soon. When I do, I'll check back in.

Now I'm hoping I run across this cheapie in a store soon. When I do, I'll check back in.
    PM me your address and I'll send you a sample.