Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Fahrenheit: My thoughts on current formulation

Does any1 know which grade petroleum they use? 87? 89? 91? Diesel?

I'd add that even though there has been some changes I have never sampled a bad Fahrenheit in any formulation/year

Quote Originally Posted by Maque View Post
    So, for all we know, the 'weak' juice we get now would mature into better stuff five, ten years down!
    Good point - and when you combine that with the initial first impression on its inception the goalposts move all the time; hence all the Basenotes reformulation paranoia. Lethal combo.

Oh, and the current Fahrenheit still smells fine.

I believe I have said that before, but I think that the formulation changed late in 2012. Recently, I went through different stores and sampled their Fahrenheit ... and I was surprised. There was one tester (batch code 2T01) that smelled like Fahrenheit has smelled for the last six years. Then there was a tester (batch code 2Y01) that had that watered down smell I described earlier in this thread. So, the change must have happened between T and Y, which means between June and November.

I just checked my Fahrenheit, 1N01. It does not seem to project or hold long on me. OK, I can smell it after say 5 hours, but only very close. It's almost like I've got a blind side to this scent, like the "mid" is missing. TBH, I am still on the fence about it. It is by no means a bad fragrance- I am not sorry I bought it, but "Unique, polarising Powerhouse" does not describe this scent to me. More like "constricted floral with little else to support it".

Quote Originally Posted by Maque View Post
    Also, there is also the factor of ageing: the older a perfume, the more changes there are within. There is this well-known maceration process where freshly-made perfumes often smell different from a minimally-aged one, and this process is of enough concern to perfumers. Then, there is evaporation, so older perfumes tend to seem stronger. So, for all we know, the 'weak' juice we get now would mature into better stuff five, ten years down!
    I wholeheartedly believe this to be 100% true.

My dad's old of Givenchy Pi smells way better and is richer in scent than the bottle I bought in April 2011.

I have a 2011 bottle of Fahrenheit. Seems to be a lot weaker, but I love this stuff. Maybe it will age like wine. I sure hope so. But I might finish the bottle before it has a chance.

All of this talk about fragrances going bad and yadee-yadee-yah over time... I believe the old ones I have in the closet that have been out of any high temperatures or light have matured for the better.

I just tried my September 2011 juice which I applied in the morning...was still getting large wafts of it before bed time. Still has killer longevity.

I believe the 2011 editions is where its at.

I just bought a new bottle with a gift card I received for Wal-Mart. Can't wait to try it out.

A good bottle of Fahrenheit purchased before 2000 that has been stored well should have exceptional longevity (as much as forty-eight hours).

Tried this out in store the other day, wow - what a unique scent in this modern aqua/oud/pineapple drenched world.

Uber masculine and performance seemed good (5/6 hours going strong, 2/3 more lot closer) as well. How are the flankers of this as there many.

The best Jet Fuel money can buy

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Well Dior reformulated all of their fragrances within the past 2 years, this is not speculation its an actual fact, due to some licensing issues and coupled with new IFRA regulations. I have 4 bottles of Fahrenheit, 1 from 1991, 1 from 1998, 1 from 2005, and the 2012 bottle. The first 2 bottles are the same, The third is slightly weaker in the top notes, but the same amazing drydown. The current bottle has the similar petrol top notes albeit watered down but the middle and base notes are incredibly weaker to the point it disappears.

This is what my experience has been

Now I also recently acquired a bottle of the Fahrenheit Absolute and while not a monster fragrance - is quite nice and has some good projection - although with somewhat moderate longevity