Code of Conduct

Thread: Bravo Le Labo

Default Bravo Le Labo

A perfume company should be brought into the spotlight whether for pointing out something good or something not so good.

Le Labo is the only company which is transparent about reformulations and discontinuations.

Sometime ago they had to reformulate Patchouli 24 and they informed customers. Perhaps for those who wish to stock up on it.

Now they're discontinuing Aldehyde 44 and have been open about it. And not only, they've made it joyous by offering it in all Le Labo counters.

Sure, I had an issue with them sometime ago but that was rectified to my satisfaction.

Its only fair to give them a thumbs up when they do good.

I know that if I hadn't just bought Aldehydes 44, I would put some effort into getting some before its discontinued. Something other perfume houses should adapt as a customer friendly policy.
    Last edited by hedonist222; 3rd March 2013 at 05:42 AM.

for swap/sale:

Default Re: Bravo Le Labo

I agree. They are very expensive (especially in the gimmicky city exclusives), but at least the brand is open in what it does.

Also, kudos for offering bath oils and lotions for almost all of their line - I love bath oils and can never find them.

cacio

Totally agree that other frag houses should do the same as Le Labo to keep the customers happy...

Good that they do that.

Although don't personally care for this house, have to agree with others that their transparency as to changes in their scents is to be commended.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Now they're discontinuing Aldehyde 44 and have been open about it. And not only, they've made it joyous by offering it in all Le Labo counters.
    Two things:

#1: How is it? Do tell! Do tell!

#2: Bravo on an excellent post.

I'm working my way through a sample of Rose 31 and I'm quite torn. The scent has an airiness that almost bugs me one minute while pleasing me the next. It's almost incense, but not. It's not as masculine as I expected, and yet, maybe it is once it develops? If it were more of a compliment catcher for me, it might be full bottle worthy, but so far, reactions have been mixed. And since, for me, it's a strong like but not a love, I'm torn. It's almost a buy for me, but perhaps not quite.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 3rd March 2013 at 06:02 AM.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Good stuff Le Labo.

Basenotes Plus

Bang on - I receive regular emails from them (including correspondence regarding the above) and really appreciate their open and pro-active approach. Top marks all round

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Two things:

#1: How is it? Do tell! Do tell!

#2: Bravo on an excellent post.

I'm working my way through a sample of Rose 31 and I'm quite torn. The scent has an airiness that almost bugs me one minute while pleasing me the next. It's almost incense, but not. It's not as masculine as I expected, and yet, maybe it is once it develops? If it were more of a compliment catcher for me, it might be full bottle worthy, but so far, reactions have been mixed. And since, for me, it's a strong like but not a love, I'm torn. It's almost a buy for me, but perhaps not quite.
    Aldehydes 44 is very nice. Chanel no.5 is synonymous with "woman". I cannot wear it. Ive been conditioned to enjoy it on ladies and frankly quiet happy with this conditioning. Aldehydes is wonderful.

Because what people think of my perfume has absolutely no impact on my buying decision, I enjoyed R31 and bought it.
    Perhaps you should, this time, see if Rose 31 appeals to you disregarding what others think and then assess.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Perhaps you should, this time, see if Rose 31 appeals to you disregarding what others think and then assess.
    Oh, don't misunderstand. That's what I do. For me, Rose 31 is a strong like, but when debating a purchase that isn't a 'love', if it brings me lots of compliments, it's easier to justify the splurge even though there are still so many other things on my list that I want to buy.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

My experience with Le Labo was also positive.

A boutique SA answered my phone queries about the products and scents with no strong pressure to buy more. I was also sent a sample of something I had not tried.

A good product will sell itself. I liked the honest approach.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I've also copied Le Labo on this thread.

for swap/sale:

Great post, hedonist - I wish the line was available in Hong Kong, actually.

Park Hyatt Busan have now joined Park Hyatt Ningbo in using Le Labo Bergamote for room amenities - lovely stuff! Would like a ready access to the fragrance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Great post, hedonist - I wish the line was available in Hong Kong, actually.

Park Hyatt Busan have now joined Park Hyatt Ningbo in using Le Labo Bergamote for room amenities - lovely stuff! Would like a ready access to the fragrance as well.
    Its suprising that they haven't expanded to HK yet. Its HK...

for swap/sale:

Newest Patchouli 24 still smells great, btw.