Code of Conduct

Default Prserve my Ponytail?

I'm thinking of cutting off my ponytail that I've been growing for over 4 years and i was wondering if i should keep it as a memento of how long my hair was, and how to preserve it somehow. I think hair doesnt degrade easily but still after a while it should. So is there somewhere i can take it to get washed with chemicals or something so that it wont degrade and wont host any germs and microrganisms?

Default Re: Prserve my Ponytail?

Like a souvenir?

for swap/sale:

Call it what you like :P Any specifics on how to go about it though?

Quote Originally Posted by therock003 View Post
    Call it what you like :P Any specifics on how to go about it though?
    Here are some tips that might help: http://www.hairfinder.com/hair2/store-ponytail.htm

Basenotes Member

Just put it into a container and don't let anyone touch it. Also don't just open and close the container.
    www.luvessentials.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie10 View Post
    Just put it into a container and don't let anyone touch it. Also don't just open and close the container.
    That should work.

First, before cutting you must make sure that the ponytail will be held together by some device. Otherwise it will become a mess. You need something to keep the ponytail together at one end.

I actually believe that a non sealed container would be a better choice. A sealed container might induce the appearance of fungus on the hair. Just leave it in a cool and dry place. You can wash it regularly with mild neutral shampoo dilluted in water (just shake the hair in the water delicately). Do not use conditioner.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: I am just telling you information that I read somewhere about how to keep wigs. I think your ponytail is like a wig.