Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default S.O.T.D. Monday, March 17 2014

Wha..? No Female Fragrance Discussion S.O.T.D. @ 7:19 AM EST? OK, lets get 'er going.

Sampling Patrick this AM

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kbe; 17th March 2014 at 11:27 AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Default Re: S.O.T.D. Monday, March 17 2014

Good morning By chance I'm actually wearing a green scent today. Trying to get the week started in L'ombre dans l'eau. Have a great day all ...and a belated Happy birthday to Dora
    Last edited by ineespenes; 17th March 2014 at 11:51 AM.

Hello all,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Habit Rouge, vintage (Feb. 1985) EDC

Thumbs up Re: S.O.T.D. Monday, March 17 2014

MAZZOLARI
    Patchouly

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone and Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

We had a small blizzard last night, with 2 inches of snow and strong winds. It's not that unusual for mid March but when we're all impatient for spring it seems like a slight setback.

Happy belated Birthday to Dora and Happy Birthday to Warum today!

Wearing Mauboussin today. With notes including bergamot, mandarin, plum, jasmine, peach, rose, ylang ylang, ambergris, benzoin, patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla and cedar. Smells like juicy ripe plums!!

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 17th March 2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Morning

I've got a big problem this morning. I've managed to get a shower (still struggling to get around my house and do really basic things with my knackered knee) and then got dressed and put on scent as I normally do, Today's is Xeryus, which is really hitting my spot.

Then Molly barked, signalling the arrival of the post lady. She likes visitors and postie people, so the bark is just to tell me that they are there, not because she wants to rip their heads off (although they may think that, with Mol being 45kg of German Shepherd with a HUGE bark) and then the very nice lady hands me today's mail, which includes a little parcel.

So now I've got a bottle of vintage Diorella that I can't really test because I'm wearing another scent.

How am I meant to cope until tomorrow to test it out? Aaaargh!
    'I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal.'

Basenotes Plus

Good afternoon all !. I suppose it was inevitable working in an air conditioned office with germ ridden colleagues. Woke with a burning throat and sniffles this morning. Haven't had a cold for about 3 years though so I complain too much and the SotD is lifting the mood.

Eau de Patou. Never fails

Erin - no !. You must not be browbeaten into anything you are uncomfortable with just to spare someone else's feelings. Your attitude speaks volumes for your kind hearted nature but occasionally one must be cruel to be kind. Relationships between work colleagues are a potential minefield, beset with complications - better to nip things in the bud now and avoid any future awkwardness or recriminations. He'll get over it.

Happy Birthday Warum

Sfmedusa, that's the sort of problem I could live with . Congrats !
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 17th March 2014 at 12:49 PM.

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    Morning

I've got a big problem this morning. I've managed to get a shower (still struggling to get around my house and do really basic things with my knackered knee) and then got dressed and put on scent as I normally do, Today's is Xeryus, which is really hitting my spot.

Then Molly barked, signalling the arrival of the post lady. She likes visitors and postie people, so the bark is just to tell me that they are there, not because she wants to rip their heads off (although they may think that, with Mol being 45kg of German Shepherd with a HUGE bark) and then the very nice lady hands me today's mail, which includes a little parcel.

So now I've got a bottle of vintage Diorella that I can't really test because I'm wearing another scent.

Diorella! Find some un-anointed square inch of skin and put that stuff on! Alternatively, enjoy on paper or cotton for starters, then gloat because you have it and we don't (well, I have a mini at least).

I'll do a bit of "wearin' of the green" on this St Patrick's Day in the form of Weil de Weil.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    Morning

Diorella! Find some un-anointed square inch of skin and put that stuff on! Alternatively, enjoy on paper or cotton for starters, then gloat because you have it and we don't (well, I have a mini at least).

I'll do a bit of "wearin' of the green" on this St Patrick's Day in the form of Weil de Weil.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Clive Christian No. 1 Pure Parfum Limited

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

A quick hello. Love and life keeping me simultaneously occupied and distracted.

Acqua di Parma Colonia today and twinning with Jon in Eau de Patou. Anyone sniffed the re-issued version yet?

Catch up later.

Gentle hugs to who are dealing with ailing hearts, bodies or minds.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Hello all. Parfums d'Orsay Arome 3.
    DONNA

Good morning, good smelling people, and happy St Patrick's Day, and happy Warum Day.

Still sampling the 4160 Tuesdays, today in The Great Randello. It's nice; all the 4160 Tuesdays are definitely a family but whatever the in common scent is that they share, I like it, and they are long lasting and solid, will probably get one of these just not sure which one.

Good morning, everyone -

Mom and I are flying back out to France today to settle a few more things regarding Aunt Sylvie's estate. We'll be there a couple of weeks and I probably won't be checking in, so y'all take good care, be happy and healthy, and of course, stay wonderfully fragrant ...so long! xo

I'm in Magnolia Grandiflora Michel.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I meant to send along get well wishes and hugs for ((Jon)) - you feel better soon!

Also, happy birthday to dear Warum , and happy St. Patrick's Day to all!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

Crazy day here at the office I'll explain later...in:

Dries Van Noten by Frederic Malle

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Happy St. Patrick's Day! With a name like Erin, I sort of *have to* get in the spirit, at least a tiny bit...

Evangeline, I hope you and your mother have a safe and productive trip. It is so good of you to be there for your mom - I know this is very, very hard for her. Will be thinking of you.

Jon, you're right, of course. I am telling myself "what's the harm in a lunch date?" but I am eventually going to have to bite the bullet and let him know I'm not interested. I don't know if it's kindness on my part so much as chronic codependency. UGH.

sfmedusa, you are in a quandary -- don't you just hate it when this happens? Speaking of Diorella, I am doing a bit of swapping over on NST, and have swapped for a bit of vintage Diorella - I feel so lucky and I can't wait to try it!

I'm in Chanel No.19 for the day.

Autochrome by Mervyn O'Gorman. His daughter Christina, 1913
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Today I'm staring out by testing Grandiflora Michel on my magnolia quest. (Looks like we're scent twins today, Evangeline.)

Happy St Patrick's Day! I'm wearing Ormonde Jayne Woman today. It is a green scent, but a deep, dark velvety green ... so lush and beautiful.

Like Erin, I have an Irish name (Shannon) so I have to get in to the spirit of St Patrick too.

Quarry, my hubby is fighting a cold too. He is scheduled for some minor surgery on Wednesday ... we are hoping he's over that pesky cold so he doesn't have to reschedule. Jon, here's hoping you feel much better!

E, safe travels to you and your Mom ...

as always, hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

Caron Montaigne for me.

Best to those ailing, birthday greetings to the celebrants, and a good start of the week to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Crazy day here at the office I'll explain later...in:

Dries Van Noten by Frederic Malle

Scent twins with Mike today. YEAH! I've been enjoying my sample, but not enough to splurge on this one.
    And I totally forgot it was St. Patrick's Day

Body Kouros Pour Homme by YSL

Belated happy birthday wishes to dora -- your birthday dinner sounds like a wonderful time!

Jon, hope you feel all better soon. Anything warming and medicinal planned? I love hot water with honey and lemon

Roberto, you smell fantastic!

ErinK -- this is me giving you a loving, gentle smack upside the head Teardrop and Jon are right. Telling yourself you're sparing someone else's feelings at the expense of your own leads nowhere good -- for either of you. If you actually don't have strong feelings about it, then sure, do it for a lark. But if you're already uncomfortable, you already have misgivings, and you already know you don't have romantic feelings for him, all you're doing is, at best, giving him false hope (which isn't kind, either) and, at worst, showing him that you don't value your own feelings and opinions sufficiently to stand up for them. Buck up, sweetie -- because I know you do value them, and yourself, more than that. And I know you can let him down with kindness. The kindness is for him. The firmness is for you. Don't elevate him above you.

[steps down off soapbox and gives ErinK a big squishy hug and ]. And if he refuses to take no for an answer even after hearing your true feelings on the matter ---RUN. That's not flattering -- that would be someone who tends toward the controlling end of the spectrum, and you want no part of that. I married that. Never again.

No green for me today -- PG Cuir d'Iris instead. ErinK, if you haven't tried this one, you should -- I know cello would agree.

Bon voyage, Evangeline. Hugs to you and your mom -- I hope Paris gives you some springtime to take joy and comfort in while you're there.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for starting, kbe

Slumberhouse Zahd.

Caron Le 3me Homme

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Jon, hope you feel all better soon. Anything warming and medicinal planned? I love hot water with honey and lemon
    I was thinking more in terms of an Islay Malt (purely medicinal, of course )

SotE - Body Kouros.

Safe travels, Mrs E - you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Hello all,
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Habit Rouge, vintage (Feb. 1985) EDC
    Easyfish Haha! Love this

I am wearing

Vol de Nuit

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Mr. Shades and Jon got claimed by the beasties, too? Dern it! My honey is wallowing a bit. Poor thing. I just bought him a ton of fruit and other food, so he won't starve while I'm gone. Laundry is caught up and bag is almost all packed. Am reminded what a lot of work goes into a vacation.

I am wearing Mira Bai today, which zings with sweettart berry cassis.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Parfums MDCI-
    Un Coeur en Mai

Blog Entries

Evening all,

Get well soon, Jon! Sounds like you have your medication sorted.

Safe travels E, we'll miss you!

ExtremeK; very well said!

l wore Seville a L'Aube for a very long & s****y day at work, now recovering in Samsara.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello all. I'm popping in to say hello. I've been MIA a bit lately as my sniffers been ill, along with the rest of me, so my scent adventures have been more subdued for the last couple of weeks. However, I'm coming out of it and am hoping to join back in the fray.

Today, I'm sampling some Sonoma Scent Studios. On my right arm is Cocoa Sandalwood and on my left is Spiced Citrus Vetiver. Both rather nice, if quite different from one another. Hoping to test a few more later in the day as I'm trying to get through a pass.

I'm finding myself quite enamoured with the Cocoa Sandalwood, it reminds me a bit of Zafferano which is no longer available by AbdesSalaam.
    I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

My Sales Thread - A Collection Purge

Good afternoon everyone. Best wishes to all who are feeling sick. Glad to see you back, danieq. Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.

I'm wearing Parfums MDCI Chypre Palatin today.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Belated happy birthday wishes to dora -- your birthday dinner sounds like a wonderful time!

Roberto, you smell fantastic!

ErinK -- this is me giving you a loving, gentle smack upside the head Teardrop and Jon are right. Telling yourself you're sparing someone else's feelings at the expense of your own leads nowhere good -- for either of you. If you actually don't have strong feelings about it, then sure, do it for a lark. But if you're already uncomfortable, you already have misgivings, and you already know you don't have romantic feelings for him, all you're doing is, at best, giving him false hope (which isn't kind, either) and, at worst, showing him that you don't value your own feelings and opinions sufficiently to stand up for them. Buck up, sweetie -- because I know you do value them, and yourself, more than that. And I know you can let him down with kindness. The kindness is for him. The firmness is for you. Don't elevate him above you.

[steps down off soapbox and gives ErinK a big squishy hug and ]. And if he refuses to take no for an answer even after hearing your true feelings on the matter ---RUN. That's not flattering -- that would be someone who tends toward the controlling end of the spectrum, and you want no part of that. I married that. Never again.

No green for me today -- PG Cuir d'Iris instead. ErinK, if you haven't tried this one, you should -- I know cello would agree.

Bon voyage, Evangeline. Hugs to you and your mom -- I hope Paris gives you some springtime to take joy and comfort in while you're there.
    I agree!! On all points. PdE's Cuir Ottoman iris bomb with a twist.

Blog Entries

SotE - 21 by Costume National (from a sample)

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I wore Jicky.

Basenotes Institution

Happy St. Patricks Day!

It was a horrible day at work. The office building we work in had a massive water pipe break on the 7th floor and it flooded the whole building all the way down to my office on the ground floor. All day I spent mopping water, cleaning up soaking wet ceiling tiles that fell, calming nerves and the air conditioner was out so it felt like 90F degrees inside. I went home for lunch and changed clothes I was so uncomfortable. A/C might be out for several days.

Could have been worse, I know. But still it was a very stressful day

I haven't had time to catch up on the thread but I will hopefully tomorrow.

Just came from a lovely dinner with a friend (no more juicing - my 7 day cleanse ended yesterday!) and wore:

Caron Pour Un Homme by Caron
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Sampling Hermès Un Jardin en Méditerranée tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

In scent solidarity with ErinK -- more iris for tonight: Infusion d'Iris EDP. Lovely

Sampling Amber Oud again and also Songes Edp. I think the Songes sample may be old, idk.

I hate it when sellers use that darn Fedex...slower than molasses! It's like really, 10 days or more to arrive? What about that movie, Castaway, where in the beginning..the Fedex people were busting it out, making sure packages arrived quickly and on time? lol. Only in the movies I guess. Ugh, I went with a different seller to avoid a Fedex delivery...only to get another seller who uses the same darn shipping method. Oh well.

Sorry about that darned pipe, Mike!

Hope Mr. Shades feels better soon!

Bon Voyage sweet E,