Default Re: SotD: Monday 4th March, '13

Hello all. SL La Fille de Berlin
    DONNA

Good morning all!

Today is Daim Blond SL

Hello everyone!

I am about to spray on some Hot Couture.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Morning!

Fracas for me.

L'Artisan Mon Numéro 10.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Byredo La Tulipe, from my sample. Spring in a bottle.

Have a great week, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

La Violette-AG

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Good Morning:

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. Here's hoping everyone has a great week

SotD is Millesime Imperial.

Happy Birthday rtamara41

Blog Entries

Many Happy Returns, rtamara!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Keeping it plain today.

Happy Birthday Rtamara!

Good morning. Phew! Well I think that we have just about turned the corner this weekend with the new house, so it's now about putting together and finishing. Nearly there! Which is great because it means that I'll have much more time to hang out with you guys. It's been a hard couple of months though. I do really like working on the house but I don't like trying to fit in a full time job too! All work and no play makes Foustie grumpy!

Back to Black today.

Bonjour!... Happy Birthday, rtamara41!

Charriol Royal Gold by Charriol

Thumbs up Re: SotD: Monday 4th March, '13

Happy Birthday rtamara41!

from a decant
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday rtamara!!

SotD is Eau d'Hadrien edp, an older batch. I do not care for the current version.

Hubby is still sick, just a nastier-than-usual cold. He even stayed home from work, which he almost never does, since he doesn't get paid for sick days. It's a common thing in his industry for employers not to pay for sick days-- so of course the employees go into work sick and infect others. Terrible policy.)

Hello everyone -

I'm in Bottega Veneta for ballet this morning. I really don't give this enough play, but I do love it nonetheless. ♥

Y'all have a great day!

Happy Birthday rtamara, wherever you are!

Oh androidi, that's another one of my favorites. I think you smell exquisite ...anything but plain!

Foustie - it sounds like you're at the fun part now! Hang in there - you'll be relaxing in your fantastic new home and enjoying all the fruits of your labor before you know it!

Get well wishes to the hubs, 30 R. You already have so much on your plate, but I know you'll take good care of him. Just be sure to take care of yourself while you're at it - we don't want you getting it, too!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! Our storm hasn't shown up yet, but they are still saying we will get
    8-12 inches of snow by the time it's over tomorrow. Please, please, please be wrong.

Happy Birthday, Rtamara! I hope you have an extra special day!

Wearing Guerlain Oriental Brulant.

Have a good day, everyone!
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 4th March 2013 at 02:47 PM.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

L' Instant de Guerlain Extreme

Wearing Joy today!

Sorry about the sick days, 30Roses. My employer pays for sick days, but Katie bar the door if you use more than 3! And I work at a hospital where you'd think they'd at least allow you to use your "allotment" without write-ups and general nonsensical behavior.

Happy birthday to RTamara!

Neil Morris Prowl today. So nice. Managed to be restrained enough in the application

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is off to a great week. Seriously need spring here, Winter + Monday's is a bit too much by this time of year.

L'Eau Ambrée by Prada from my decant today.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

RTamara, Love You, Birthday Girl!
    Would kidnap you and take you out for drinks if I were in your neighborhood.

Androidi, a belated birthday greeting to you, dear.

Speaking of "android" … I read last night that Photobucket has issues to work out. Folks on some android devices are not seeing photos hosted on that site. I'm guessing Kiliwia has a second-generation Kindle, so she can see all posted images. Lilybelle and I are using first-generation models and suffer the Photobucket affliction. For example, Renee's cake above should be visible to all since it comes from Webfetti, while the Photobucket-hosted photo of a lounging RTamara below will render as only a blue question mark on some android devices.

Now that I'm on the computer, I can see Mike's inviting new quarters and Jon's ducky photos -- all of which make me wish I could input myself into those digital scenes (and in the company of those dear souls, too!). Winter is truly lingering here.

More vibes for Mr. Roses ~~~ heal, heal, heal.

Glad to hear we're going to be getting larger quantities of Foustie!

When I clean the house, as I MUST today, I like to be alone. Wearing Jo Malone Fresh Mint Leaf ought to drive Mr. Q out of here and back to his shop. He's got a little parlor stove back there and all his tools and a view of his wildlife feeding station and his air rifles (for picking off invasive, non-native sparrows), so don't pity his banishment.

Good afternoon!

I've just begun playing with my just arrived parcel full of samples- DelRae Bois de Paradis on the left and Arquiste Anima Dulcis on the right.
    Have a nice Monday
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Blog Entries

Mom fell in her bedroom, gashed her temple, bled all over the rug (scalps bleed a lot), dragged herself into the living room and speed-dialed the first button she could reach, a friend in FL, who called me.

Hubby and I rushed over and found her on the floor. We called the nurses, who called the ambulance, and she's now on her way to the ER, where I am now headed and expect to be for the rest of the day. After that, who knows, depending on if she broke anything (I don't think she did-- she's alert and not complaining of pain.)

Prayers are welcome!

Happy Birthday, Rtamara! I hope you are having a lovely day on your birthday.

Aha, Quarry, that explains the kindle glitch. I LOOOVE that photo of Rtamara! That takes me right back to NOLA. We had such a great meet up, didn't we?

No SotD for me yet, but I'm craving simple roses so I will probably go with that. See you later and I hope everyone is having a good day/afternoon.

Oh my goodness, 30 Roses! I hope your mother will be ok. That is very upsetting. I'm so sorry.

We are back, long exhausting trip -- 9 states in 5 days, came back home in the dark, in freezing rain, 45 mins later than planned. In one piece though.

30R., most positive vibes to you and your family. Somebody somewhere should give you a break some time, I know....

Ineke Briar Rose

Happy birthday Rtamara!

Hooray, Foustie! I'm crossing my fingers for some before and after photos! I miss working on a house; the pleasure I got from Quarry's photos borders on the creepy. I may need instead to content myself with doing a proper spring cleaning of my apartment and ordering some new prints for my walls (photos from my vacations and such). Perhaps some new curtains for my bedroom ...

Teardrop, is La Tulipe the only Byredo sample you have? How do you like it? I haven't sniffed anything from that house, but I'm intrigued by the descriptions of a few of their fragrances, including La Tulipe. I'm also nosing around (heheh) Ineke's sampler set, as I haven't tried anything from that house, either....

Anyone else have thoughts/experiences with Byredo and Ineke?

30Roses, my goodness, I'm so sorry! I'll be thinking healing thoughts for all of you -- please take care of yourself, too.

SotD is Histoires de Parfums 1804 (George Sand) -- pineapple with a Visa vibe.

Welcome home, Twolf -- glad to have you back safely. I hope you'll have some time to rest before heading back to work. I'm laughing at your SotD. I must have still been typing as you posted. How do you like Ineke?
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 4th March 2013 at 03:41 PM.

What I've Been Wearing:

Started the week with Prada Amber Pour Homme

I dropped by Sephora today and they had this new Dior Homme Cologne 2013 fragrance so I gave it a sniff and asked for a sample to take home. It's nothing spectacular. Nice, but rather boring and has no longevity and no sillage

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Mom fell in her bedroom, gashed her temple, bled all over the rug (scalps bleed a lot), dragged herself into the living room and speed-dialed the first button she could reach, a friend in FL, who called me.

Hubby and I rushed over and found her on the floor. We called the nurses, who called the ambulance, and she's now on her way to the ER, where I am now headed and expect to be for the rest of the day. After that, who knows, depending on if she broke anything (I don't think she did-- she's alert and not complaining of pain.)

Prayers are welcome!

Answered - I only wish there was more we could do to assist, but as good vibes are all we can muster they are flying your way in abundance.

Welcome back Wolfie - you are always missed no matter how short the absence.

Yes, more Foustie please ! - never too much of a good thing

SotE - Body Kouros.

ExtremeK, we visited the Byredo shop in Stockholm and left largely disappointed. Found the vast majority uninspiring and with highly synthetic bases. Re-tried a few in Liberty here recently and decided the house is just not for me. M/Mink is downright weird, and not in a good way

Just given the lawn it's first cut of 2013 - a precursor to the toil, heat, and general misery on the horizon. My S.A.D starts NOW
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 4th March 2013 at 08:26 PM.

Evening All,

Welcome Home, Wolfie !
    ((30 Roses))
    Foustie - I think you deserve a wee dram tonight for all your toil.

En Avion.

Best to everyone.

Hi All, Today I'm wearing Organza by Givenchy

Basenotes Plus

Oh 30R I am so terribly sorry. ((((Hug))))

Welcome back, Wolfie!

Happy birthday to Rtamara - my stupid iPad won't let me add an icon *mad*

I'm wearing Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude today.

Take care, all. xxoo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello everyone!

Jon, between Millesime Imperial and Body Kouros you smell particularly good today .

ExtremeK - you smell deliiiiiiicious!!!

Extremely windy and dusty outside; in other words, nothing new . Staying indoors in Chanel N 19 vintage extrait.

Givenchy Organza Indecence.

30 Roses, I'll be thinking of your mom!! I am so sorry.

Happy Birthday wishes for rtamara!

I am wearing Margjiela Untitled L'eau today. It's keeping me awake with a somewhat harsh green note. I am trying to work from home....

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    Jon, between Millesime Imperial and Body Kouros you smell particularly good today .
    Many thanks - you aren't doing too badly yourself.

PS: love that pic you posted - absolutely stunning.

Happy Birthday, rtamara! Hope you're having a "treat yo self" day!

I'm so sorry, 30R; more prayers for your family from me.

Sampling our lovely Whitefluffy's Narcisse Noir today. Loved the beginning phase but now there's a sort of dryer sheet/feminine hygiene product accord presenting that bothers me. Please don't think I'm a fragrance cretin just yet, dear friend! Could just be a skin thing, my chemistry brings out this quality in even some of my beloveds on certain days. Will keep trying!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Blog Entries

Evening all!

ExtremeK; La Tulipe is the only Byredo l've tried, courtesy of the lovely freddie. lt's not exactly natural-smelling, but it's an interesting & quite beautiful accord of rhubarb & freesia; much nicer than that sounds! On me it's a fresh & green floral, perfect for spring.

Roses; lots of good vibes for you, your mum & Mr Roses coming your way. l do hope your mum is okay.

SOTE is Gigi by Ayala Moriel.

Oh, so sorry 30Roses...I hope your mom is comfortable and resting, and so very glad she was able to dial the phone and get help.

Blog Entries

L'artisan premier figuier extreme

I'm wearing La Fille de Berlin today.

Best to all!

30R, prayers going out to your mom and husband ((((hugs)))). Hope things get better sweetie.

Sarrasins swipe on the wrists via cotton ball sample, (thanks Jujy!). Reminds me of Lust by Lush except less potent and a bit more woody. Warm jasmine, a little balminess. I barely, barely, barely get any carnation, I was hoping for more carnation, as I love that flower! It's a good jasmine but I don't think I would pay that much for a bell jar personally. When I can get a cheaper jasmine that will do. The purple juice is cool though!

Extreme K
    I personally like Ineke, Twolf, I can say she likes none of the A-H sampler set(I think?) but does like some of the Floral Curiosities. I like Briar Rose like she does and own it. It's a nice, berried rose with patch. I like it better than Portrait of a Lady by Malle, just cause, my tastes just go that way. I think Twolf and I were both looking for a berried rose and we found one. My fave from Ineke is An Evening Edged In Gold, which, I really need to get sometime! I also liked Field Notes, that tobacco. But more wears and it reminds me of dryer sheets+tabacco and can't seem to get over the dryer sheet aspect. It's pretty alright though, best in colder weather. After My Own Heart is a nice lilac. I still have to try a few from the Curiosities line though. Sweet William was a bust for me though, lol. Ineke, I believe, is coming out with a sampler set containing those 1.5 ml spray vials, of the Floral Curiosities line. So, it's going to be like the A-H set but just the FC line. I think it's going to come out spring or summer, can't remember.
    Last edited by kalli; 4th March 2013 at 11:37 PM.

30 Roses - I hope your mom did not incur any serious injuries. Sending her healing vibes...So sorry you had such a trying day today. Sending you calming and soothing vibes...

And I have an Eau d'Hadrien question. I have a bottle but it smells different from the sample I tried before. The sample was zesty, bright and sparkly, whereas my bottle is noticeably mossier, heavier on ylang, and more sultry in feel. I wonder what version I have?

PerfumedLady - do persist! I agree that NN is a strange one, but it probably has to do more with the weather conditions, just like with Le Temps d'Une Fete. These two are both heavy on narcissus...I wonder if they fluctuate in different weather due to the presence of narcissus?

Jon thank you for the kind words! I missed a split for MI and now I am regretting it, the one and only Creed that stole my heart. As for Body by Kouros my husband used to wear it all the time when we first met. Unfortunately me being so enthusiastic about it caused him to inevitably get tired of it, and I haven't smelled it in years .

Creeds.. I really liked GIT but I got a decant and now I can't say I like it as much? Maybe the decant was off..idk. I am too picky when it comes to men's scents. I don't like hardly any! MI was alright, musky though, if I remember right. Can't seem to find much out there! It's like I keep smelling sweet notes or melon-y fruit notes in men's scents lately and I can't stand it! Not that GIT is sweet, I am soo picky though. I don't like anything for men's lol. Not to get into a men's scent topic, sorry!

I'm in L'Arte di Gucci for the evening.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

6-10 inches of the white stuff tonight, so I'm dressed appropriately in Fille en Aiguilles.

Our thoughts are with you and your mom, 30Roses. Scalp lacerations are ugly, but luckily usually appear worse than they really are. I hope they didn't have to give her a haircut.

Blog Entries

Thanks all, I am home briefly gathering my stuff so I can go spend the night at Mom's. She was finally released after 9 hours at the ER, after multiple scans and XRays, blood and urine tests and hours on monitors and an IV as her BP dropped badly when she tried to get up to go home the first time (when we all thought she was good to go.) For a while they were talking about keeping her overnight.

She has a 2" gash in her forehead, sutured now, and has hurt her right shoulder as well...no fracture but she's wrenched it somehow and moving it is limited and painful.

There is no way she is safe alone. Tomorrow first thing I have to try to contact the agency that we used before for 24/7 caregivers. I hope it won't be too long before I can be relieved of staying with her. My husband is watching her so I could come home and shower. I'm pretty tired.

Well, off I go again. Whitefluffy, I will get back to you about Eau d'Hadrien as soon as I can be home for a while.
    Jon, thank you for the PM.

One good thing is that throughout this she has remained lucid. And she made out a lot better then the poor fellow we saw being wheeled in, compressions being done on him as they went...he didn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Whitefluffy, I will get back to you about Eau d'Hadrien as soon as I can be home for a while.
    There is no rush, at all, 30 Roses. I am just glad that your mom is alright and did not have more serious injuries. It was rather insensitive of me to ask at time like this.
    Last edited by Whitefluffy; 5th March 2013 at 05:47 AM.

Basenotes Plus

30R, very relieved to hear she has suffered no serious injury. It has obviously been an ordeal, but could clearly have been a whole lot worse. My very best wishes to you all.