Code of Conduct

Default Rectoverso Man Tea Tobacco

For anyone wanting to try this hard-to-find, discontinued fragrance, here you go! I just bought one for myself.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rectoverso-Ma...1#ht_899wt_952

Great price too. I remember one time, someone was selling a half bottle of it on Ebay for like 70 bucks or something.

Default Re: Rectoverso Man Tea Tobacco

Thanks for that info. Was looking for this one for a while. Just ordered it.

Have had it for years. A wonderful and inexpensive scent IMO.

Sjg, you are welcome!

Hednic, I haven't tried it yet, but based on the sparse reviews of it on this site, and elsewhere (not a single bad one), I am hoping I will find it wonderful as well. Is there anything you can compare it to?

The combination of the tea and tobacco in this scent is pretty special. Can't think of anything close to this. The other three Rectoversos which I also own are also excellent for the price. Hope you like it if you snag it. If not, it's a small expense.

Just blind bought it based on the notes and the few reviews i could find. Does anybody know how the longevity and projection are?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower99 View Post
    Just blind bought it based on the notes and the few reviews i could find. Does anybody know how the longevity and projection are?
    Average. Not overly strong.

Just received this one yesterday. Not bad. Initiallly, I couldn't detect the tobacco on my skin but the tea was surely there. The tobacco kicks in slightly in about 30 minutes or so on my skin. It seems like the nutmeg balances this one out to be an average projection and longevity gem. You should be able to get this one for about $20.00, so it won't hurt your wallet.

Can those of you who own Rectoverso Man tell me more about it? There seems to be so little info online.

What does it smell like? How does it wear? What seasons does it fit? Compliments? How does it compare to Gucci Pour Homme II? ...not that I expect it to smell similar. It's just that I own GphII which also has tea and tobacco, so I'm curious about how it compares/contrasts.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

I'll bite. Sounds like my kind of stuff. Will try and remember to report back when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Just received this one yesterday. Not bad. Initiallly, I couldn't detect the tobacco on my skin but the tea was surely there. The tobacco kicks in slightly in about 30 minutes or so on my skin. It seems like the nutmeg balances this one out to be an average projection and longevity gem. You should be able to get this one for about $20.00, so it won't hurt your wallet.
    Thanks for your thoughts and your description of this one. I have been looking for this for a long while. The price is good for everyone in the US, but the shipping costs to Europe stopped me from ordering this.
    I'm cursing because I saw the series in several Berlin drugstores, (dirt cheap) about 8 years ago. I didn't give them a second look or try the fragrances because I found the bottles and packaging extremely tacky. It just goes to show ~ never judge a fragrance by it's presentation !!!
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

IMO this one seems more suited for all seasons (maybe not summer unless sprayed sparingly). Still checking it out. This one is not as good as GPHII, but for $20.00, it's not bad. Comes of as a feminine frag on the initial spray. This smells like something I smelled before, but I can't put my finger on it yet. I will wear it for a few days to see the response of others. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Can those of you who own Rectoverso Man tell me more about it? There seems to be so little info online.

What does it smell like? How does it wear? What seasons does it fit? Compliments? How does it compare to Gucci Pour Homme II? ...not that I expect it to smell similar. It's just that I own GphII which also has tea and tobacco, so I'm curious about how it compares/contrasts.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts and your description of this one. I have been looking for this for a long while. The price is good for everyone in the US, but the shipping costs to Europe stopped me from ordering this.
    I'm cursing because I saw the series in several Berlin drugstores, (dirt cheap) about 8 years ago. I didn't give them a second look or try the fragrances because I found the bottles and packaging extremely tacky. It just goes to show ~ never judge a fragrance by it's presentation !!!
    No problem David. If you get the chance, it's worth a try picking it up.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i bought it earlier also. also yang has a great tea note. so i was searching for yang 2 and fragrancenet has it for like 15 bucks-2.5 oz bottle. blind buying is so great with the help of many friends. i will let you know how yang2 is when i receive it. go for it guys, 15 bucks..

With some saying it is like Burberry's London for Men special edition and others saying it has a "watery" quality, I don't see it as something I'd like, but I'll be curious to hear what some of you think after you get a chance to try it.