Code of Conduct

Default Need help debating summer amouage

Right now I'm looking for a summer signature scent from Amouage. It's a toss up between either Silver or Reflection. Which one should I get? I've tried both through sampling. I hear that reflection has really good longevity but i'm worried that it's too close to Le Male which is like a quarter of the price.. I really liked Silver too but not sure if the longevity is at the same level as reflection.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention i've tried Lyric man and Dia and while i didn't like lyric too much I did like Dia, but hear that its performance wasn't the standard amouage. It's really a bummer for me too because it's so versatile and it has the frankincense or incense that I'm looking for and the versatility going for it.. there's always something, I wish i could wear creeds in the summer like VIW but those dont have any longevity either...

Default Re: Need help debating summer amouage

Have you tried the ones from the Library Collection? I'm kind of digging the incense aspect of Opus IV.

yup i tried opus iv, v, and vi. I don't know about opus iv, it took me to a whole different world. I still have the sample and will have to try it again but the closest thing i can think of that it smells like is Juicy Fruit gum. I might have to get opus vi in the winter...

Add Ciel to the mix, its good in the summer as well...

The new Opus VII would make an interesting summer scent, but it's very vegetable-smelling. How about Interlude Man? I don't find that as heavy hitting as the others.

I wore one spray of Interlude today. Delicious. Projects well...too well for summer? Trying to decide myself for a summer Amouage. Tested Ciel and that aould be good but not my kind of scent. Did not care for the dry down. Good, just not me. Try for yourself.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

haha interlude man.. My brother has that and it's so strong that one spray will project for days. If you wore that in the summer you'd probably die of interlude overdose lol...

Yeah, it is crazy strong!

Jubilation XXV. Citrus (light orange). Great scent!

To me, the best summer Amouage is Silver (at least the sample I have). It is a fresh type of scent based on rose rather than on neroli, it smells natural but also has at times an interesting, not unpleasant, fresh metallic note. I much prefer it to Reflection, which seems less unique (and less fresh too).

cacio

I don't think Interlude would work well in the Summer.

Dia -- not 'standard amouage'? -- not sure what that even means. You seem to like it and I think it works well in heat -- there is a certain freshness about it. Stick with that.

Of the ones I've tried perhaps Ciel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I don't think Interlude would work well in the Summer.

Dia -- not 'standard amouage'? -- not sure what that even means. You seem to like it and I think it works well in heat -- there is a certain freshness about it. Stick with that.
    I was trying to say Dia doesnt have beastly performance like most other amouages. If i'm spending big money I want other people to have the chance to smell it. Can anyone confirm otherwise? I'm not positive this is the case just basing it from what a couple reviewers have claimed..

Have you tried Opus III? I'm on the fence of purchasing a bottle. Ciel would also be a good one for summer. I like Reflection Man but would probably pick Ciel or Silver Man over it for a summertime fragrance.

I don't think Interlude Man is super bombastic on me but it still is very strong. Haven't had a chance to wear Gold Man or Epic Man in the heat yet but think both would be good.

Beloved is summer safe. You might also want to consider their attars.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    That's what I'm wearing right now in this 82 degree weather.

I've never tried opus iii and im getting kinda tired of sampling. Is this one worth a sample? The attars are just too much for a signature scent i think. Right now I'm thinking Silver unless opus iii can change all that..

Quote Originally Posted by jonslammer View Post
    I've never tried opus iii and im getting kinda tired of sampling. Is this one worth a sample? The attars are just too much for a signature scent i think. Right now I'm thinking Silver unless opus iii can change all that..
    Silver is a great fragrance can't go wrong with it. Just something about Opus III I really enjoy. If you are in the US Lilydirect has the best prices for Amouage. Fragrancenet also has pretty good prices and will ship to some countries outside the US.

yea lilys my go to place for anything. Prob gonna get Silver even tho i tried opus iv and realized it's a great scent. The only thing off putting about it is people say it smells like indian curry which i've never smelled. I doubt id like opus iii because a couple people said it smells like old lady perfume or something and I can't stand that. I had that problem with opus v when i tried it...

- - - Updated - - -

I settled with Silver already bought it. Thanks for the input tho guys!