Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Saturday, April 6, 2013

Good morning. Sunrise in 90 minutes. Let's get this weekend started.

This morning, it's oud. Not this one,

This one

Default Re: SOTD Saturday, April 6, 2013

Good morning. Enjoy your weekend!

My SotD is Entre Naranjos from Ramon Monegal.

Spring hasn't arrived here yet so I'm trying to scare the winter away with some happy citrus spring perfume

Hello all. JHAG Calamity J.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Hello all, hope all those who have been feeling "iffy" are feeling better today.

After a nice lie-in, l'm wearing Honey Coconut by Love & Toast, from the back of the wardrobe. The sun is out today, & this one is making me dream of summer...

Have a great weekend, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Saturday, April 6, 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Our spring has arrived, I have grilled outside twice already this year. Birds are chirping, branches are about to bud, dandelion leaves are coming forth through the cracks on the porch.

Pacifica Hawaiian Ruby Guava
    , on the hands from the solid compact.

Have a nice weekend.

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Angel. I have a wedding to go to night, big and fancy, and it felt like just the right thing to wear.

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Chopard Casmir for me. Fine day today!

Hi, all you wonderful-smelling BNers!

I'm making one of my episodic "stealth posts" (have been mostly off the boards due to grad school, work, family and life-in-genreal craziness) but I MISS EVERYONE! Hoping to be back to more regular posting in a few months.

Anyhow, today I'm in a delightful "seasonal transition" scent for me: TDC's Bois d'Iris (thank you,Jean -Claude Ellena!) TDC's in-house description of Bois d'Iris includes cardamom, which would explain why I have a viscerally positive reaction to it (I just love cardamom. Period end of sentence). That said, the note breakdown *doesn't* list cardamom, go figure.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Iris.

Middle Notes: Geranium, Ylang-Ylang, Coriander.

Base Notes: Cedarwood, Leather, Vetiver.

For me this is one of those great fragrances that balances the warmth needed to get through these last chilly days of early spring, while also anticipating all the wonderful greenery that's on the way.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

SERGE LUTENS MUSCS KOUBLAI KHAN

This morning's sample grab is MFK Cologne pour le Soir -- immediately made me think of baby scalp: snuggling an infant and inhaling deeply. I've heard of someone's grandma scenting their knitting with L'Origan. This would be wonderful to spray a cotton ball and put in the knitting basket.

Godolphin by Parfums de Marly

ComDiva, nice to see you and hear you are all coping well with life's crazyness. Please stop by when you can, I miss you and think of you often.

Basenotes Plus

Snowy and cold here, no spring in sight today.

Wearing Serge Lutens La fille de Berlin this morning.

Have a great day!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Ralph Lauren Safari this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Started out in Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien and now wearing Hermes Un Jardin en Méditerranée. Love this one so much I just snagged a bottle. Think this and Decou-Vert are likely to be my go-to Spring/Summer scents.

Eau de Givenchy (Les Parfums Mythiques version). I have been enjoying this one lately.

Before gym: Eav Des Bavx. After gym: Dior Homme Intense.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Mwah, ComDiva!

For the third time in about as many weeks, Time Warner's service cut out on us yesterday. Since my business, entertainment and access to YOU all depend on the internet, boo-hoo for me.

Congratulations, Whitefluffy. I don't know the details of your situation, but I'm still excited for sweet you.

Jon, yesterday's photos made me swoon: Landscapes and old buildings get me every time.

Elizrj, I enjoyed your Thursday synopsis. Makes me think every SoTD thread should start with a soft voice: "Previously on Scent of The Day ... Lucasai was headed for an exam, Gandhajala was uncorking a new varietal, and Evangeline was headed out the door in Chanel."

Speaking of Chanel: A big thank you to Kiliwia and Kalli, Evangeline, Twolf, Cello, and everybody else who mentioned 1932 for metaphorically grabbing my head and making me pay attention to it. I've had an initial sniff, and jeepers, I think I really like it. Full wearing coming up on a day when I can give it full attention.

Yesterday I wore Guerlain's Bouquet Numero 1. There's a lot to like about it, but if not for the Guerlain name and striking bottles, I wonder how much play any of the AAs would get. If I remember yesterday's unfolding correctly: I smelled a blast of green grass, then some unnecessary musk tones, which gave way to the more pleasant florals which reminded be of the drydown of Estee Lauder's Beautiful Sheer, and I've forgotten the base notes' impression. Will have to resample another day.

I just applied Jo Malone Lemon Tart. Wow, the top notes are fabulous. I figured LT might be too dessert-like, so it hadn't gone on my to-test list. Dumb me. Dumb, dumb me. What a pleasant eye-opener this is. Somebody else deserves a "mwah" -- you know who you are.
    Last edited by Quarry; 6th April 2013 at 06:25 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Fleur d'Oranger 2007.

We're leaving now to take Mom out to lunch and then to buy a new mattress set for her-- and maybe an electric bedframe that can be adjusted. She hasn't been sleeping well, often goes out to her living room middle of the night to sleep on her recliner.

Good morning. Today I am in Jardins de Bagatelle. This one has grown on me over the years.

Good morning, everyone -

It's spring here too, gloriously so ...but I'm still lazing around in a pretty cloud of Detchema, 60s parfum.

Y'all have a fantastic day!

Hi ComDiva - hi wooznib! It's nice to see you two around here again!

Quarry - I'm just delighted to see '32 catching on so! I really think it's something special ...imo, another modern classic for Chanel.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quarry, not too desert like? I may have to sniff that one sometime. I figured it would smell like a lemon cupcake or frosting, idk. I really wanna try that orange and chocolate one as well. Glad you enjoy the 1932 so far.

Wooznib, lovely pic!

Sotd, Drole de Rose.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Hello All,

Busy, busy today: Habit Rouge.

Have a fab weekend, everyone !

Blog Entries

CdG Champaca for this gorgeous sunny evening.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on 1932, Quarry! It is really easily likeable but also pretty special, I think.

And, it is another that Twolf and I both like! My apologies, dear, you are absolutely correct. How could I forget about Coriandre? And 31 Rue Cambon? And so many others, will not go on. I just needed to think harder! What I do always remember that we have in common is not being impressed by much when it comes to sampling. I developed Twolfitis pretty early in my BN days.

Have an Hermes craving, will have myself a Kelly Caleche fix. Have a happy weekend, gang!
    The nose wants what it wants!

I love this -itis syndrome! Not so much your SotD, sorry. LOL

^Nope, don't apologize! I love that honesty, you wouldn't be our Twolf without it.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Creed virgin island water

Prada Infusion d'Iris this evening for me.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Durbano Heliotrope today. Such a warm, sexy incense with just tiny touches of sweetness ... I love it!

Today is our little town's prom. My great-nephew asked to borrow my car. I was so touched and he is so happy driving it with the top down. I bet his date makes him put the top up though to save her hairdo! His mom (my niece) and I are going up to watch the "red carpet" and I'm thrilled to be asked.

Happy Saturday, everyone! (Big to Comdiva!)
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

I just realized today that it's been 3 years since I joined Basenotes, 3 years on April 1st. Time sure flies when you're having fun and love the company you're with.

Trying out YSL Manifesto for the first time this afternoonn. It has notes of bergamot, green notes, jasmine, lily of the valley, blackcurrant, cedar, sandalwood, vanilla and tonka bean. It started out with a tart blackcurrant note that I liked, but after a few minutes it's became an ordinary woody floral and lost all the sparkle that it had. It's nice but not what I had hoped for.

I agree Quarry, we could use a recap!!

I didn't put on scent til late today so I decided it was a good day to try something I may hate. I am wearing Black Aoud. If it stays like this opening, I'm going to have to scrub. Right now it's one endless loud note. Loud, impossible to ignore, and if it stays there it will give me a headache. Imagine a trumpet playing one loud long note. Except this is maybe a tuba. It's dark and lovely and not offensive, but it's a bit too much for me, I think.

Etat Libre d'Orange Rien.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

My son's Burberry London for men.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

L'Instant du Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Blog Entries

I'm actually unscented today o_o I just realized that as I saw this thread. I'll fix it ASAP after work, probably with Tea for Two
    Looking for THE femme fatale scent. If you think there is something I should smell please PM me!

Basenotes Plus

Hermes Eau des Mervielles

Hi ComDiva!!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

elizrj, love that tuba comparison. Keep'em coming, willya?

Guet Apens, as inspired by another thread, to bed. 14 hours of work tomorrow.

Basenotes Institution

Oh wow ComDiva, in da' house. You've been missed darling! ((bear hugs))
    TWolf, I love the smell of that Pacifica scent. One of the bet guava notes I've ever smelled, actually. The body lotion is fantastic.

Busy day, spent the evening at the symphony in:

Habit Rouge L'Extrait by Guerlain
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac