Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Today I bought - March 2013 edition

I'm surprised there's no thread for our March purchases on this nicer side of Basenotes forum. Guys there are, as always, buying like crazy.

Today I'd like to share my birthday perfume. It's Carner Barcelona D600

Default Re: Today I bought - March 2013 edition

Nice! Enjoy.

A fragrant souvenir from a business trip my husband just returned from ...probably needless to say but I'm over the moon!

♥ ♥ ♥

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Snap Evangeline! Lyric woman and Memoir woman were given as a belated Valentines day gift to me on the 1st of March (way cheaper in dubai duty free) Thanks hubby!

I finally purchased two things off my wish list: Profumum Roma Dulcis in fundo and Acqua e zucherro.

Snap right back, Scentsucker - Lyric and Memoir together, how exciting! Enjoy!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Snap right back, Scentsucker - Lyric and Memoir together, how exciting! Enjoy!
    Yes, 200mls of Amouage all at once. I shall spray with abandon in tandem with you!

Happy birthday, lucasai!

Happy Birthday! I just got a bottle of D600 as well, along with Caron Accord 119 and MFK Lumiere Noire. The D600 bottle is quite hefty, and would also make for an attractive paper weight.

Dries Van Noten par Frédéric Malle, 50 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

A backup 100ml bottle of Givenchy Organza Indecence (it's the first time I've ever found it at any bricks-and-mortar store, and I found here locally!) and a 50ml bottle of the fabulous Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia (came with a free travel size).
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 8th March 2013 at 01:37 PM.

queen of the universe

Cool Re: Today I bought - March 2013 edition

Well, happy birthday to me! Landed a 4 oz bottle of Weil de Weil splash PdT on eBay for a bargain-ish BuyItNow price. This is the version and bottle style I had in the early 80s, and I have to think I got some good perfume karma from sending my last bottle on a sample pass. Bitter Grace Notes calls it "the smell of a swamp in paradise." Hello, spring!
    P1030411.jpg
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Happy Birthday! How is the pass going so far? Hope you are enjoying them.

The Farmacia Ss. Annunziata fairies gave me a big bottle of Ambra Nera for my birthday. J'adore. Sigh...
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Happy Birthday! How is the pass going so far? Hope you are enjoying them.
    Enjoying the pass, still unconverted to the more modern aldehydes, I like the vintage L'interdit the best so far. I plan to devote some quiet time this weekend to exploring the Chanels. History through my nose!

So happy for you jujy and your Weil de Weil! Congrats! You most certainly deserve very good karma from the Weil pass: this pass was easily the most educational perfume experience for me to date. But speaking of modern aldehydes...

I bought and it must be the brandy speaking...

100 ml of Le Labo Aldehyde 44
    75 ml of Chanel, 28 La Pausa
    75 ml of Chanel, Coromandel

My wallet must be screaming, but I don't hear it. I am just celebrating perfume, wonderful things, and life in general

Picked up some "vintage" 2010 Dior Homme. It seems strange using the word vintage but things change so often here it could mean anything older than last week.

Amitabh Bachchan Black by Lomani

I bought two Amouage Attars- Al Mas and Rose (TRO). TRO means it is Turkish Rose oil.

Basenotes Plus

C & E Evelyn

Finally ordered some Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDP, and still undecided as to whether I should have just ordered the EDT instead. Oh, well, it's on its way. Probably will also acquire the little black bottle sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    So happy for you jujy and your Weil de Weil! Congrats! You most certainly deserve very good karma from the Weil pass: this pass was easily the most educational perfume experience for me to date. But speaking of modern aldehydes...

I bought and it must be the brandy speaking...

100 ml of Le Labo Aldehyde 44
    75 ml of Chanel, 28 La Pausa
    75 ml of Chanel, Coromandel

My wallet must be screaming, but I don't hear it. I am just celebrating perfume, wonderful things, and life in general
    Oh, Whitefluffy, I just saw this! Congrats on the Chanels! And of course the Le Labo too, but those are two wonderful Exclusifs from Chanel. Enjoy them all!!!

My first full bottle of Frederic Malle for my birthday present to myself: Une Fleur de Cassie. The Barneys SA is also throwing in samples of FM Dries van Noten and Lys Mediterranee, Byredo La Tulipe, Arquiste Boutonniere No. 7, and Le Labo Neroli. Woo hoo!

Micallef Richard 100ml from the Private Collection

queen of the universe

Vintage Guerlain Chamade EdC on ebay. Seller in Mexico, so I'll have to be patient. Let's hope it's a good one!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-GUER...vip=true&rt=nc

Jabu MdO - got yesterday. So happy!!!
    Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. O.Wilde

Received my 50ml of Le Labo Iris 39 split

No full bottles for me in awhile. The last one was Elixir des Merveilles which I bought a couple of months ago; I can't remember when. But I've finally ordered some samples from The Perfumed Court!! Samples included are Chanel no. 19, Diorella, Chamade, L'Heure Bleue, and Mitsouko EDP. Also Amazone and Un Jardin Apres la Mousson by Hermes. So excited!!!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

I think I just bought my first proper niche fragrance. Yes, it's a part used bottle and it's a blind buy, but it was less than £6 so I refuse to feel guilty about it.

So I just bought about 30ml of Illuminum Arabian Amber (she says, crossing her fingers and hoping it doesn't get damaged in the post)

Basenotes Plus

oh jujy. I'll bet that Chamade EDC will be gorgeous!!

Well hello strangers on a thread . Haven't been here since since Dec. I now have a car payment (after 15 years without one) so I have avoided buying new fumes and am shopping from my more than exhaustive wardrobe. But I could not resist the temptation of a 20% off pafum1 coupon to buy a Micallef and Gentile sample sets.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Tuscany Per Donna by EL. Got a new bottle..after returning a slightly used one off Ebay. The Ebay one..well, let's just say the juice was a thick, dark urine color(not to be gross, that's just what I thought when I saw it) and had an acidic 'nail polish' accord to it LOL. The juice is supposed to be light and pink-blushed. So, I returned the Ureene Noir and got a new one. It's one of my all time faves.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

queen of the universe

Blind eBay buy based on notes, and a good one at that . After a brisk green opening, Balahé shares a lot with Habanita, especially heliotrope, with the addition of some dirt I perceive as cumin. A great bad-girl fragrance which will be in heavy rotation when I teach high school—gotta let'em know who's boss!

P1030519.jpg

Narciso Rodriguez for Her Delicate edp, it was on sale.
    DONNA

queen of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    . So, I returned the Ureene Noir and got a new one. It's one of my all time faves.
    Watch out, kalli, you may have name ELdO's next offering!

The bank account blood-letting continues ...

Tubereuse Criminelle (50ml export bottle) and HdP 1804 - George Sand (60ml) (plus free with purchase samples -- I know they were florals, but I can't remember which ones).

The following 1ml samples from STC: Annick Goutal Neroli and Ninfeo Mio, Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue, Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau, Houbigant Orangers en Fleurs, Jo Malone Orange Blossom, Robert Piguet Bandit, and Robert Piguet Mademoiselle Piguet.

Yes, it's true. I haven't tried Bandit yet.

I hope not Jujy! I've never heard of Balahe, sounds interesting.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

queen of the universe

kalli, pm me and I'll sned you a smidge. Just re-ordered decant supplies.

Dries Van Noten par Frédéric Malle. I've seen the odd complaint about projection and longevity, but I am finding that not to be the case at all. It might even be a single spritz fragrance for me.

Oh that is so sweet but I don't really do tuberose or musky and see those listed in there, so sorry! Didn't mean to sound like I was dropping a hint for a sample, if it sounded like it! Thanks so much though, jujy! That black bottle is nice though. Are you a big tuberose fan?

Nefret, I haven't heard of that one either, enjoy!

Basenotes Plus

From a fellow base noter, FM Carnal Flower & FRACAS parfum

And from the local Nordies: Jo Malone's Lime, Basil and Mandarine cologne, Red Roses soap, Amber & Lavender bath oil.

queen of the universe

kalli, I'm loving tuberose more and more. Also jasmine and gardenia.

Lost out on Infini parfum on eBay, consoled myself with EdP of same at a reasonable Buy It Now price. Won a Zibeline PdT, looks like 1980s or 90s bottle, so it's vintage but not ancient. I think that's it for my "well my birthday was this month" rationalization. Time to stop spending and start smelling!

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Narciso Rodriguez for Her Delicate edp, it was on sale.
    Is this the new one that is in magazines now? If so, I very much liked the paper strip. It kind of reminded me of Eternity with the sparkling opening. How is it?

Dior Addict- impulse buy from department store after sampling on wrist.

Concentre d'Orange Verte- finally reupped!

A small purse sized bottle of CK Obsession Night, the second time buying this scent.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Oh, nice misscasey - I love Dior Addict! I see you've come around a bit regarding sweet perfumes - Addict's one of the sweetest in my collection, but also wonderfully rich and luscious and so very addictive. Enjoy it!

I grabbed a bottle of Prada Infusion d'Iris body lotion this afternoon, to go with my Infusion d'Iris Absolue which isn't offered in a lotion, but I've tried them together and they get along very well.

Sounds good, Evangeline! I tried Infusion d'Iris and quite liked it. Considered a bottle for myself as well. That, to me, is almost bitter where Addict is sweet, but maybe that is just me. I'm glad that your lotion worked out for you. I've been thinking of trying lotions lately too to accompany and layer with my scents. You are right! I have somewhat come around to sweeter scents- I think having tried some of the later Diors has done the trick- I adore both Addict and Hypnotic Poison.

Annick Goutals Eau de Charlotte and ELDOs Putain de Palaces!
    Trying hard not to break the bank this month.

Quote Originally Posted by lottalotta View Post
    Annick Goutals Eau de Charlotte and ELDOs Putain de Palaces!
    Trying hard not to break the bank this month.
    What, exactly, does a "Palace Whore" smell like?

Quote Originally Posted by jujy54 View Post
    Blind eBay buy based on notes, and a good one at that . After a brisk green opening, Balahé shares a lot with Habanita, especially heliotrope, with the addition of some dirt I perceive as cumin. A great bad-girl fragrance which will be in heavy rotation when I teach high school—gotta let'em know who's boss!

P1030519.jpg
    Oh dear. Created a lemming you have. Love bad girl fragrances. Mini about to be bought. I just purchased Noora, which has been sitting in my Amazon cart for months after reading a review about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Galatea8 View Post
    What, exactly, does a "Palace Whore" smell like?
    Alluring?

Quote Originally Posted by lottalotta View Post
    Alluring?
    I imagine goosedown, lilacs, beeswax, and, of course, sweat and sex.

A 15mls of L'Artisan Parfumeur Mechant Loop, second chance bid on ebay.
    DONNA

I have just acquired L'Artisan Vanille Absolument (50 mL) and a Shiseido Feminite du Bois splash (50 mL). And I don't know why, since neither seem likely to be worn in the warmer weather that I am hoping is around the corner!

My husband surprised me with a bottle of Jo Malone Orange Blossom. I think I'll keep him

I have a friend coming for a visit this week whose been going on and on about how much she loves Isaac Mizrahi Fabulous, but can't afford a bottle yet. Wont she be surprised when I hand her the box I found at Ross for $30!

I received Six Scents Wicken and a backup of Yosh Trompeur recently. I'm waiting for SoOud Burqa and a split of Norma Kamali Incense to be delivered this week.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 25th March 2013 at 02:30 PM.

I just ordered Amouage Shams Al Doha which I hope arrives in time for my birthday!

Yves Rocher Orange and Chocolat. I really liked this one when I sniffed it when I first started getting into fumes, hopefully, I will still like it, lol. I remember it doesn't last wortha beans though! But I do like that orange chocolate combo. I do really need to try that orange and chocolate by Jo Malone at some point.

I have forgotten to update this thread with my March acquisitions. Bad bad scentsucker!!

Ok, most of these are gifts from my amazing, hopelessly generous husband:

Guerlain Gourmand Coquin
    Atelier Cologne Vanilla Insensee
    Heeley Sel Marin
    Trish McEvoy Sexy #9 Blackberry and Vanilla

I've bought for myself:

A partial bottle of Mona di Orio Musc from a fellow BNer

I've also managed to give away my Bois d'armenie to a dear friend who went GAGA over it. I've kept a decant, but I'll have to repurchase this one at some point I'm sure!

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm done for March now!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    From a fellow base noter, FM Carnal Flower & FRACAS parfum

And from the local Nordies: Jo Malone's Lime, Basil and Mandarine cologne, Red Roses soap, Amber & Lavender bath oil.
    I'm so sad; the Fracas arrived completely empty. The box was secure but the stopper in the wee bottle wasn't. On a happier note; I adore Carnal Flower! My second ever tuberose.

Also purchased recently, Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums & Encre Noire Pour Elle by Lalique. I tried the Encre Noir but found it TOO manly (never thought I'd ever say THAT) for my tastes.

RHM, Ambre 114 is yummmmmmmm
    Congrats on your purchases!

Way hay. Good evening you fragrant folk.

Found a NIB bottle of Ormonde Jayne Tolu for an excellent price so hit the button. Mucho excitement

Basenotes Plus

Thanks, cello. I was introduced to it (Amber 114) a few years ago & liked it. It's only turned to "I love this!" recently.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme