Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Today I bought - March 2013 edition

I used a 15% birthday coupon from one of the fragrance discounters and ordered 50ml bottles of YSL Cinema (after getting some reassurance from teardrop that this would be a good bet for a blind buy for me) and YSL Paris (after loving this for years but just never pulling the trigger).

RHM, Ambre 114 is on my to-buy list for autumn, after falling in love with it last winter and nearly draining my decant in a month. Isn't it so fantastically warm and comfy?
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 26th March 2013 at 12:49 PM.

My birthday was the 4th so a-shopping I a-went . Sephora giftcard (plus $) got me a minis sampler Clean(BLECHHHH!!) ,Coach Poppy flower (nice but semi-generic) D&G Lt. Blue (turns to rubbing alchohol for the mid-to-drydown on me ) Jennifer Anniston(GREAT VIOLET TAKEOVER -nope) and DKNY Pure Drop of Verbena(nice) .

Sephora didn't have the DKNY one ($45) so they let me choose anything fragrance that was availiable in store up to $45.
    I chose Dior Addict (new one with the gold collar) {BN really should list it as a new version the notes and Nose are different}I also got the 15ml Kate Walsh Boyfriend after exchanging the new and flawed rollerball oil version.(opened the box and the oil looked like there was a clump of snot in there Ick!)

I also was a bit busy on ebay -Results are : Cynthia Rowleygift set ,Avon CR Petal,both nice citrus-LOTV type scents .
    Pascal Morabito Or Noir (dirt cheap as the atomizer head was off -I have an extra sprayer head that sorta works for it)
    Balmain Ivorie(old) Ebonie, Vent Vert,and Mesr .Balmain minis
    Fendi Asja 15ml -no box but full
    And a very kind Basenoter saw my I'm thinking about getting with my gift card thread and was extremely generous and sent me Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and Thierry Mugler A*men.Thank You again!!
    Fragrance Omnivore

I am on a perfume buying freeze, but I have allowed for samples since I'm trying to pick a bottle to splurge on while I'm on vacation in May. I will be in Vienna one day and fully intend to buy something I wouldn't normally spend that much on. It's a good way to remember the special trip too.

So for samples, I bought the entire set of Ouds from Candy Perfume Boy's guide to Ouds. I loved reading it and it made me just drool over some of the descriptions. Just 1/2ml samples on their way from STC.

http://thecandyperfumeboy.com/the-ca...-guide-to-oud/

Also in the running are some Ormonde Jayne's, so I earlier this month I purchased samples of Woman and Ta'if and have been trying those this week. Along with those two, I picked up Amouage Memoir, Lyric, Guerlain Nahema and MFK Cologne por le Soir and Absolute por le Soir.

Finally, I have a Discovery Sample Set of Ramon Monegal coming.

If I can't decide on something special out of all those, then I'm sunk!

Etat Libre d'Orange Prestige Coffret and Lalique Hommage à l'Homme, 100 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I couldn't help myself. I just had to have this one. Anyone who knows the vintage collector's heart will immediately know why.

I was wondering about the age of the bottle. I assume it's the reissue of 1988. Coty Chypre.jpg Any information about it would be appreciated.

Purchased so far in March

Jasmin et Cigarette (2nd bottle)
    Un Jardin Sur le Nil
    Baiser Vole Extrait

I adore them all <3
    Do happy

50ml EDP Coco by Chanel
    50ml EDT Jour d'Hermes

RETAIL THERAPY
    Today I bought - way too much. But it was a good fragrance investment. I scored three vintage Carons - Infini, Fleurs de Rocaille and Nocturnes for a bargain. I also bought the newer formulation Balmain Vent Vert, my first Balmain. The best was truly amazing - a vintage bottle of Lucien LeLong's Indiscreet parfum. Unopened, unused and in excellent condition. The bottle is gorgeous. It has to be from at least the 1940's. By now the juice is very dark. But the scent is decadent and spicy. Can't wait to wear it this weekend! Happy Shopping, every one!

Glad that someone is buying Jour d'Hermes -- did nothing on my skin,really. Congratulations!

Also glad that somone else is buying older Carons -- they are a beut to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Glad that someone is buying Jour d'Hermes -- did nothing on my skin,really. Congratulations!
    Thank you! Well, it's not a masterpiece, but something I can use every day without thinking, when I don't feel like wearing one of my vintage Carons (I have them too )

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Eyez View Post
    50ml EDP Coco by Chanel
    50ml EDT Jour d'Hermes
    Coco is on my want list, those spices, too good. Congrats on both bottles!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I just brought Prada´s Infusion d´Iris.... I looooove it

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Coco is on my want list, those spices, too good. Congrats on both bottles!
    Thank you!
    The winter is coming! In our part of the world, anyway. So it seems fitting to get a little Coco. I have the extrait, but it's too precious to be used for dousing oneself. I know the EDP and the extrait are worlds apart, but I can live with it.

FragranceA- that Prada is very nice, congrats and welcome to Basenotes!

Winter, definitely a good time for Coco.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Thank you, kalli! :-)

I like Coco too, one of my favorites

Habit Rouge ( EdT ).

Bought another bottle of Rose 31

Was a beautiful spring day so I walked over to MiN NY in search of a suitable scent for the season. Ended up buying a bottle of Decou-Vert from Laborattorio Olfattivo.

Lovely flowers contrasted with green notes, that dries down to a base of musk and woods. For a brief moment during the transformation, almost becomes a bit aquatic. Its creator, David Maruite, supposedly likens it to an unexpected clearing in the middle of a forest, which I think is a lovely visual for this scent.

Top notes: Lily of the valley, green leaves
    Middle notes: Lilac, jasmine and magnolia
    Base notes: Musk, light woods and magnolia pollen

Diorling!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

L'HEURE BLEUE edt AND GUCCI III parfum

- - - Updated - - -

Gucci III parfum was a vintage find. Its Scent Twin is Knowing

- - - Updated - - -

L'Heure Bleue edt was a vintage find, too. It's heavenly

queen of the universe

Vintage Chamade EdC from Mexico arrived! 3" disc bottle, sealed, with real ground glass stopper? Can anyone suggest a possible date range? Here's the photos on flickr.

And here's a sneak peek:
    P1030556.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and it smells great! Old-school green floral aldehyde, a bit sharp.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!