Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Technical help re computer please !

Help please !!!
    I'm bloody useless with computers......I've seen a (stock?) photo/image on a website of a perfume I can't identify. I'm wanting to post it on a thread here. Do I have to use something like photobucket ?.....or should I try to share the link. I would prefer to post the image itself. I have it stored on desktop.
    How do I do it ?
    Many, many thanks.
    " If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun ". Katharine Hepburn.

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Technical help re computer please !

If u click on the insert image icon (third from right) in the menu line in the Quick Reply bit , you should be able to import the image, mine does it as a thumbnail (which can then be enlarged by the viewer by clicking on it).

If really stuck, pm me the pic & I'll post it!
    Last edited by lpp; 5th March 2013 at 04:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    If u click on the insert image icon (third from right) in the menu line in the Quick Reply bit , you should be able to import the image, mine does it as a thumbnail (which can then be enlarged by the viewer by clicking on it).
    I move the image to my desktop first, but am using a mac, so haven't the first clue how anyone on something else might

If really stuck, pm me the pic & I'll post it!
    Thanks Lpp,
    You're a star !!!
    I'll give it a go.

You can get a postimage account for free. http://www.postimage.org/

If you upload the image there, then copy the URL it provides upon upload... Then paste that URL into the "Insert Image" function above the Basenotes textbox - that should get it to display in the forum as an image rather than a link.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Help please !!!
    I'm bloody useless with computers......I've seen a (stock?) photo/image on a website of a perfume I can't identify. I'm wanting to post it on a thread here. Do I have to use something like photobucket ?.....or should I try to share the link. I would prefer to post the image itself. I have it stored on desktop.
    How do I do it ?
    Many, many thanks.
    If you want it to be a big picture then upload it to photobucket, click on the insert image icon, specify url and uncheck the remote box, then just copy the direct link from the photobucket image and then paste it to the specify url box.
    If you just want a small picture or more of a thumbnail. Download the image to your desktop or where ever you want the picture stored, click on the From Computer, click on the picture, click on select file and I think that's it.
    My current favorites:

Bleu De Chanel, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Zino Davidoff, Dior Homme Intense, Creed Royal Oud, M7 (all versions), Chanel Egoiste, Dior Homme Sport, and Thierry Mugler Pure Malt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    You can get a postimage account for free. http://www.postimage.org/

If you upload the image there, then copy the URL it provides upon upload... Then paste that URL into the "Insert Image" function above the Basenotes textbox - that should get it to display in the forum as an image rather than a link.

Good luck!
    Many thanks for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    If you want it to be a big picture then upload it to photobucket, click on the insert image icon, specify url and uncheck the remote box, then just copy the direct link from the photobucket image and then paste it to the specify url box.
    If you just want a small picture or more of a thumbnail. Download the image to your desktop or where ever you want the picture stored, click on the From Computer, click on the picture, click on select file and I think that's it.
    Thanks too for helping me !