Code of Conduct

Default Can't believe it, the best fragrance shop I've ever been to, right under my nos

Excuse the pun!

I live in Wigan, uk and thought the best fragrance shops were basically in Manchester or other big city centres.

That was until I walked past an old fragrance shop that I've always thought was a down market celeb scent place.

There in the window were bottles of amouage, creed an other high end fragrances!

Went in and bought my wife some trussardi Donna which she loves but I can see me spending a whole lot more in there!

The lady in there was gorgeous too and it seemed like she really knew her scents and was pleased to talk to someone just learning about them.

Default Re: Can't believe it, the best fragrance shop I've ever been to, right under my nos

Surprises happen when you least expect them to!

Default Re: Can't believe it, the best fragrance shop I've ever been to, right under my nos

Hope they were' factice' if in the window!

Happy for you 'though - our 'local' town has become a high street 'clone' over the past few years, so few non-chain shops left there now.
    If you have one, treasure & support

I take it you mean the Royal Perfumery (or something like that)? Used to be a branch in Chester, great place. Spent hours in there and Chris, the owner, was always very helpful. Been meaning to visit the Wigan shop.

Aaah, yes, know who you mean (& they do have factice bottles).
    Also may have some original Amouage Gold....
    (samples anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Surprises happen when you least expect them to!
    Which is why they're called "surprises."

Great news, Newbienose! Hope you find some fragrances you enjoy. Don't forget to sample, sample, sample.

YES!! The Royal Perfumery.

Only downside is they don't stock Chanel but plenty of other places do.

They are trying to go towards collectors and one-off fragrances and had quite a few of the scents on my must-buy list!

Lalique Encre Noire and White are my next ones. Tried them in the shop and Encre Noire just grabbed me.

Definitely worth a trip if you live anywhere near Wigan.
    Last edited by NewbieNose; 5th March 2013 at 09:01 PM.

Pie-Eaters want to smell good too

Quote Originally Posted by suds View Post
    Pie-Eaters want to smell good too
    LOL. I wonder if they do Eau de Meat & Potato?

Oooh that's made me hungry now!

Ooooh, I'm so envious

I may have to come exploring next time I'm on your side of the Pennines to come to a match at the DW stadium.

I must be the most fragrant (in a nice way) rugby fan

Any food scent you like here

Sorry, but there's no 'cheap steak and kidney pie' scent in their collection, so it's not really authentic.

Apparently, a website is currently under construction, they sent this link:-
    www.facebook.com/theroyalperfumery

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Apparently, a website is currently under construction, they sent this link:-
    www.facebook.com/theroyalperfumery
    They've been talking about this for some time now.......hope they get it going.

They do sell some stuff on ebay, but a website would be nicer!

- - - Updated - - -

@mumsy - they'd just make me hungry

Thanks for the tip off. I'm in Preston but work in Chorley. It's just down the road.

Congrats for your discovery.

As is often happens, the nearst and most unassuming fragrance (or even non-fragrance) stores may have hidden gems to offer.