Code of Conduct

Default Coromandel or overkill?

I have LIDGE, DHI, DH, Pure Malt, La Nuit, Gucci Pour Homme, Code, Bleu, Rochas Man and I'm also (for sure) getting Tom Ford Extreme and Fahrenheit. Is it overkill to get Coromandel at the moment? These would be my winter rotation. I know many don't label "for summer" or "for winter" but I like to. Should I turn my focus to something else for more balance? And if so, what? Thanks for the advice!

Default Re: Coromandel or overkill?

Hmmm. I have about 150+ frags in my rotation and still feel that it's unbalanced... :-)))

Haha I knew I would get at least a few of those comments from everyone. I have a smaller collection though, sitting around 20, and it seems like I'm top heavy towards the heavier winter scents. Not entirely a bad thing I guess.

You may have the patchouli area covered with LIDGE so Coromandel may be unnecessary for you.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    You may have the patchouli area covered with LIDGE so Coromandel may be unnecessary for you.
    This is what I was thinking. But coromandel still sounds so intriguing. I might have to wait on it and maybe get Sycomore instead.

Quote Originally Posted by RickS1169 View Post
    I have LIDGE, DHI, DH, Pure Malt, La Nuit, Gucci Pour Homme, Code, Bleu, Rochas Man and I'm also (for sure) getting Tom Ford Extreme and Fahrenheit. Is it overkill to get Coromandel at the moment?
    Not at all.

The sky is the limit.

I'm also interested in this question. I have LIDGE but Coromandel sound way different to me. Would love to here other comments.

overkill in my opinion, unless you are just too much into the hobby, and it's not a financial problem.

each of the individual you've listed is unique,

i have it and i like it
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Do it!

Heavens no. Coromandel is a unique, rich patchouli. Not even halfway close to any of the other fragrances on your list. Buy it now while it's still reasonably priced, and in spectacular formulation. It's so rich and fine, you can just tell that somebody, somewhere is going to get the stupid idea to make it thinner and less costly in formulation. Pounce on it now. You won't regret it.

Nah, coromandel is completely different from all of those and gives you a lot of diversity. It's earthy and balmy, and the orange really shines through it.

I agree with others here that Coromandel is its own animal -- and a mighty fine one at that. Go for it.

Basenotes Plus

Coromandel is one of my favorite winter scents. I blind bought it and have had no regrets.

Its different enough to justify adding it to your wardrobe.

for swap/sale:

I have similiar fragrances that you do and still think that Coromandel is worth to get. It has touch of sophistication and elegance that others doesnt have. Dior Homme is elegant and sophisticated but different in style than Coromandel.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    I have similiar fragrances that you do and still think that Coromandel is worth to get. It has touch of sophistication and elegance that others doesnt have. Dior Homme is elegant and sophisticated but different in style than Coromandel.
    Have you tried Borneo 1834? That has a touch of sophistication.

Coromandel is ranked among the very sophisticated and elegant and nothing the OP has can come close to it.

The OP and others need to really wear Coromandel to get a feel for its class.

for swap/sale:

Buy it. It's bound to change or increase in price. Husband and I both wear this, but it smells extra wonderful on him.

get it!

I'm looking at Coromandel too, but I'd have to get rid of DHI (which I'm strongly considering selling anyway, never really use it) and LIDGE to be able to justify it. Also considering ditching TF Oud Wood to make room for Sycomore.

In terms of the price, it's something of a bargain for such a great niche fragrance. Like others say, though, I can see that price going up by the end of the year.

I really can't see too much similarity between LIDGE and Coromandel; to me the patchouli is much less prominent in Coromandel.
    The Patch in LIDGE is the one thing I wish was different - I'd like it toned down a touch.

The notes I get most strongly from Coromandel are the incense, and the benzoin and vanilla. They combine to give it a slightly smoky, plasticky vanilla smell which is surprisingly nice when combined with the woody background (I usually despise plastic vanilla notes).
    I like that the scent is strong but not overwhelming.

I'm thinking this will be my next Exclusifs purchase, though I rather wish this came in parfum strength.