Code of Conduct

Default Using Iso E Super to increase sillage and projection of perfume ?

Howdy everyone,

I have an issue with fragrances not having much projection or sillage. I read somewhere (maybe fragrantica ?) that spraying Iso E Super first and then your fragrance on top helps with projection and sillage.

I know the Perfumers Apprentice has Iso E Super for sale, and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts, opinions, personal experiences that they would like to share on this topic ?

many thanks in advance.

Default Re: Using Iso E Super to increase sillage and projection of perfume ?

Yes, you can use it to increase a sense of 'volume' or 'pressure' or 'presence'. It's strange stuff.

I own a bottle for just that reason. I am still somewhat skeptical. Sometimes it seems to help project. No doubt it is a powerhouse, I smell the stuff strong hours after I spritz it. Tried it to "boost" some Penhaligon's which is notorious for being light and fleeting. It seems to work better on citrus and florals...at least that is my first impression. Don't buy Molecule 01. There is a chap on EBAY from Great Brittan who is selling his own mix...for less than $25. It is exactly the same stuff as Molecule 01. I was very satisfied with the price, quality, and speed of delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes65 View Post
    I own a bottle for just that reason. I am still somewhat skeptical. Sometimes it seems to help project. No doubt it is a powerhouse, I smell the stuff strong hours after I spritz it. Tried it to "boost" some Penhaligon's which is notorious for being light and fleeting. It seems to work better on citrus and florals...at least that is my first impression. Don't buy Molecule 01. There is a chap on EBAY from Great Brittan who is selling his own mix...for less than $25. It is exactly the same stuff as Molecule 01. I was very satisfied with the price, quality, and speed of delivery.
    Thanks gents - I appreciate your replies.

Diogenes65, is the one on eBay ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Molecule-...item257b33b594

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P View Post

Looks like that is an Australian seller to me.

@Paul P - if you ever need more detailed info. on chemicals, ask in the D.I.Y. section, where a few experts happily & generously share their immense knowledge!

Yes, it works beautifully in that respect. Especially with fleeting citrus fragrances like Acqua Di Parma - Apply a generous layer of ISO, wait about 30 minutes then usual amount of other over the top and voila - Instant projection.

To purchase you can speak to Chris Bartlett on here as he knows his stuff and makes his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P View Post

Yep he's the one...Wales actually. Carmarthenshire. I have a sample of molecule 01 and can't tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes65 View Post
    Yep he's the one...Wales actually. Carmarthenshire. I have a sample of molecule 01 and can't tell the difference.
    Thanks again everyone.

I'm just wondering if the Iso E Super changes the smell of the fragrance on top ?