Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Wednesday 6th March 2013

Good morning peeps!

Wishing 30Roses and Mum all the very best for a
    good outcome.

I am wearing Rive Gauche.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: SOTD Wednesday 6th March 2013

String Strong Homme by Kesling

Tea for Two.

Morning Gang,

Dior Homme today.

Have a great Wednesday !

L'occitane eau des baux

Have a great hump day everyone!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all !. SotD is Creed Virgin Island Water (Yes teardrop I did splash out on a small bottle in the end).

Happy Birthday jujy54

(((30 Roses and Mom)))

Blog Entries

Good morning!

Jon; nice one!

Many Happy Returns to jujy!

More hugs for Roses & mom.

SOTD is Costes, from my sample. Back to grey skies today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Good morning, gang! No scent yet for me; we have much clean-up this morning. Ten inches of snow here yesterday and the drifts are the real problem. Couldn't even open the doors to get outside earlier without clearing snow first. This should be some morning! At least it wasn't 25 inches, like Boston had last time!

Just wanted to pop in to wish jujy a very Happy Birthday! I hope you have a very special day!

Also, my love and thoughts are with you (((30R))). Hope all will be ok.

Have a great day, everyone!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Could not post yesterday morning, but wore Montblanc Femme Individuelle.

Hugs to 30R and family. You are an angel and somebody somewhere should give you a break, I pray.

Happy Birthday to jujy and many fragrant returns.

JR, your dreaming of a white Easter made me laugh. We also got a dusting of white stuff, but it was slippery Monday and yesterday. Expecting more this weekend, for springing forward (seems a bit early this year, I thought?).

Amouage Epic Women, congratulations to Mrs.E on her new bottle of Lyric.

ExtremeK, kalli pretty much answered your questions -- yes, Briar Rose is not the best or the most intricately constructed rose there is, but it satisfied (and keeps doing so) a craving for a soft sweet berried thing without too much musk. It lasts all right (6 hours+ and longer on clothes), it is pretty and becomes just a bit soapy. If you want to, I can send you a little bit to test.

Hello all. Huitieme Art Naiviris
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

((((30R and mom))))

Happy birthday, Jujy54.

Bottega Veneta for me today, take care, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello everyone!

I'm in Chanel 1932 this morning. I'm afraid my choices for ballet days have become a bit predictable. I must sound like a broken record ...hopefully not as maddening.

Btw, I'm still quite over the moon about Lyric. Thanks so much for sharing my "new bottle bliss" with me - y'all really do get it.

Happy Birthday jujy54 - I hope you have a fun, fabulous, fragrance-filled day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Wednesday 6th March 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning all. Keiko Meicheri Datura Blanche today. Mmm.

We have a 19 year old cat...Yesterday when I came home, my teen said "I think Max is dying..", he was laying down and she said he had been throwing up and then just lay there all day.

But this morning he is back up and at 'em. I have never met a more resilient cat. He has been in fights, had injury and illness, but just seems to bounce back. 19 is old, I don't think cats can live much longer than that, but he's with us for now

^ Hooray for kitty!! >^..^<
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Paco Rabanne pour Homme this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

30R, I hope you and your mother are doing well!

Evangeline, congrats on your bottle of Lyric! Totally get it, those Amouages are soooo lovely and such a lovely present to yourself when you finally give in. I am teetering right now, but I feel like I want to make sure I give each of them a good trial before I splurge on one.

Happy Birthday Jujy54!

I am trying to explore the bottles I do own and haven't worn in a while, and so today I'm wearing D&G The One. I purchased this before I really got into perfume, and so now it's different smelling it in the context of such a wider range. While I like it, there just seems to be something missing in it... something sort of thin at it's structure. Of course I've been wearing a lot of powerhouses lately to warm up the winter, so maybe that's it. It suffers in comparison to a Chergui, Lyric, Parfum Sacre, etc.

Get well soon wishes to 30 Roses' mom.

Evangeline, your hubby is the sweetest!

Happy Birthday, Jujy!

I hope you are enjoying your special day.

We're indoors today watching a thunder snow storm through the windows. Actually, the thunder has died down somewhat [oops! No it hasn't. Sounds like planes going by, but they're not flying today]. The yeti dog is in her glory in all this snow, but she doesn't like those rumblers at all. A White Easter indeed!

I'm wearing Prada Candy today, the last of a sample.

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday jujy54! Tonight I will wear some sandalwood & jasmine in your honor.

La Fille de Berlin by Serge Lutens (from a sample - thanks PB!)

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Happy B-day jujy! I am craving sandalwood a lot lately! But I don't have too many sandalwood scents, I don't think. I sprayed some Dark Amber and Ginger Lily from a sample, which does have some sandalwood but I gotta say, it smells *boozy* on first spray. Thick, rich and boozy scent. Not sure if I am feelin it atm. Definitely one for chillier days.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Van Cleef & Arpels Bois d'Iris today

queen of the universe

Wow! Thank you for the fragrant greetings! You all smell mahvelous!

So, my wee hours SOTD, applied just after midnight and just before bed, were two samples from a most generous member. To my left, was Breath of God, a nostalgia-evoking scent that reminded me of my grandparents' home in Chicago. Apparently God uses Palmolive soap and smokes cigars. A little PineSol and tuberose, too. Sweet musky drydown on awakening.

To my right, vintage Joy. Holy moly it is all it is cracked up to be. A single swipe with the tiny wand was powerful, not to be sniffed deliberately and up close, but rather best not focused on to be pleasantly ambushed as it wafts at will. Rose, jasmine, muguet, tuberose, and civet, nothing new really, just the best of the best of everything. Ravishing, the last word in a floral fragrance I'd say.

So, I was going to wear Jicky extrait to honor another favored basenoter, our beloved Larimar, but that would have been lost on the ornery teenage boys I'm teaching today, so I went with Panthère de Cartier EdT, first given to me by my daughter some ten birthdays ago. I wore a jaunty scarf making me feel happy and well put together.

Tonight, I might go with the Guet Apens decant I got from ebay. This will certainly be a "smell and tell", though with me it takes three wearings at minimum to "get" a new fragrance. 1st wearing a few days ago struck me as a collision between Jicky and Mitsouko with iris fallout, or even Mitsouko re-interpreted by ELdO. Oakmoss queen with a slight vegetal rottenness to deepen the sweetness. Très Guerlinade, IMO. I lost it within an hour, but that is typical for me with something new.

Thank you all again for making my day. XXX OOO jujy
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Happy Birthday, jujy! This fellow Pisces loves sandalwood and jasmine, too. I'm trying to track down a full bottle of Songes EdP. Everyone seems to carry only the EdT.

Evangeline, your hubby certainly knows how to pick a Valentine's Day present! Lovely!!

(((30Roses and mom))) I hope the new care-giver brings some much needed peace of mind. I must echo Mike -- you've been an amazing daughter and caretaker for your mom. More healing thoughts coming your way.

Twolf, thank you very much for the offer -- my olfactory sweet tooth is intrigued. I'll PM you once I decide what I'm going to do, sample-wise.

The weather people are all saying today is likely to be the last cold day we will have. Temps are predicted to jump 20-30 degrees over the next few days. It would be nice if spring were (solidly) here early this year. So I'm taking advantage of this hopefully last cold day to wrap myself in Slumberhouse Baque, the precursor to Sova (which I don't like nearly as much). Listed notes for Baque are apricot, cedar, straw, vanilla, tobacco leaf, davana, ambergris, and parchment. This wears on me as rich tobacco soaked in spiced rum or bourbon.

Happy Birthday, jujy!!!

Today is just perfect for Tobacco Vanille TF

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Jujy!

I'm home finally! In time for a storm arriving, but hopefully not too many inches as we haven't had the chance yet to re-install our snowblower wheel with the new tire.

The new caregiver is a local, mature lady. I spent an hour orienting her this morning; she has never worked at Mom's residence before so didn't know her way around or how the place operates. Last night, while my husband spelled me off, I collected a few things from our pantry/fridge/freezer to add to Mom's so the caregiver will be able to cook her own meals; all she needed additionally was some plantains, but the home care agency owner said she would shop for those so I wouldn't have to. Small kindnesses matter!

Mom is sore but raring to go and not confused. Doesn't want to just sit around. I think she'll recover nicely.
    I really appreciate all your kind wishes and sentiments!

I haven't worn any scent in several days. What to wear, what to wear?
    Okay, I'm going for an old reliable, Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare.

And now, to get caught up reading what I missed!

Bonjour! Happy Birthday, jujy54!

Happy birthday, jujy! Vintage Joy! That should be a bumper sticker: "I have vintage Joy!"

Robin-in-FL, 19 years is ... wow!!

I'm wearing Oud Cuir d'Arabie EDP by Montale which was a generous gift from Andrew_B. Sweet guy.

Smells like saddle leather, or my kinda expensive purse that I'm scared to use because it was so expensive. Silly me. I should break it out and use it, huh?
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

Evening All,

Happy Birthday, Jujy ! Many fragrant returns to you.
    Best wishes to all those Statesiders facing blizzards and heaven knows what. Stay safe and warm.

Eau du Coq tonight.

Best to everyone.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I am having an impromptu day off today ... our schedule was light for today, but busy for tomorrow (my scheduled day off) so I traded. One never knows when one might need some brownie points with one's manager. I woke up with a strong craving for Ambre Sultan. Nothing a girl can do but give in to that kind of craving.

Happy birthday, juju54!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Good news, 30 Roses. Sounds like with your mom's attitude she will recover quickly.

I had to scrub off the Prada Candy. It was beginning to annoy me. Just too sweet and dense I suppose. SotA is Bal à Versailles edc. I wear this when I'm not in the mood for any of my other fragrances for whatever reason. This one never annoys me. It is snowing harder than ever now. It was supposed to be over by now here, but the wind is whipping. It almost tore the back door out of my hands. Just staying inside today, doing piles of laundry. I'm glad I went food shopping the other day. Love to everybody. xoxo

p.s. Where did all those robins and spring birds hole up in this weather? They've been waking us up very early with their cheeping. I hope they're ok. I think about things like that.

Happy Birthday jujy54!

I'm wearing Amouage Al Mas Attar today.

Blog Entries

Evening all!

Roses; glad to hear your mom is more settled, enjoy your well-deserved rest!

SOTE is original Monsoon.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Best wishes to all those Statesiders facing blizzards and heaven knows what. Stay safe and warm.
    If the "experts" are to be believed we could be pulling on our winter woolies again by next week. We'll see ...

SotE - Tom Ford Amber Absolute.

What I've Been Wearing:

Happy, happy birthday, jujy! In your honor, jasmine for me today too - Jasmin de Nuit

30 Roses - I am so happy that things are settling down for you, and your mom is feeling better .

Basenotes Institution

jujy54, I will NEVER forget the first time I smelled vintage Joy parfum. An exquisite experience. Enjoy!

Since it was roses this morning, it's more roses this afternoon:

Déclaration d'Un Soir by Cartier

Nice stuff.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I'm wearing a scent that doesn't appear to be in the database. It's labelled just as Galimard Eau de Parfum and it's definitely not the notes of Galimar.

Anyway, it starts off with lots of peaches, white blossom and general fluffiness (which made me think that I really wouldn't like it) but after half an hour it started off with cardamom, musk and lots of other spices that I can't quite put my finger on.

It's really very nice

Hey again, y'all -

I'm in a rosy mood too, Mike - it's Keiko Mecheri Attar de Roses for me this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Evangeline, congrats on your bottle of Lyric! Totally get it, those Amouages are soooo lovely and such a lovely present to yourself when you finally give in. I am teetering right now, but I feel like I want to make sure I give each of them a good trial before I splurge on one.
    Thank you! I completely agree about the importance of splurging on oneself from time to time, however this was a gift from the hubs, and a huge surprise. Honestly, I've never even mentioned it to him since I already have so many lush and luxurious rose perfumes ...but what can I say, he knows me well!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Evangeline, your hubby is the sweetest!
    I tell him so every day!

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Evangeline, your hubby certainly knows how to pick a Valentine's Day present! Lovely!!
    Yep, he sure does! Hehe ...can you tell I'm still excited about it?

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Let's hear it for the life force that keeps moms and old kitties carrying on!

Jujy!

Bond No. 9 Mothers.

Happy Birthday! Your description of that vintage Joy parfum is making me think about opening that auction bottle I swore to sell!

Blog Entries

Sampling for a second time, Serge Lutens Un bois vanille. I like it a lot more second time around!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Hermès Eau d'Orange Verte tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon