Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Creed - Quality or Con

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I only own one Creed.

That said, Barry, I would say, "Con." Too much faux historical hype.

Then look up the French definitions of that word.
    Haha, no need to look it up
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Creed is not a "con". They have had a few minor QC problems but overall they have done a good job pursuing a luxury brand marketing strategy and it has worked for them. Their growth has been incredibly good over the past 10 years. Think of all the other mens fragrance brands that had a good start in the 1990's and did almost nothing with it. Products are above average, not the best, but they do an acceptable job to gather lots of sales. How many other luxury brands have earned this much discussion and online anxiety about their products? They are doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Creed is not a "con". They have had a few minor QC problems but overall they have done a good job pursuing a luxury brand marketing strategy and it has worked for them. Their growth has been incredibly good over the past 10 years. Think of all the other mens fragrance brands that had a good start in the 1990's and did almost nothing with it. Products are above average, not the best, but they do an acceptable job to gather lots of sales. How many other luxury brands have earned this much discussion and online anxiety about their products? They are doing something right.

"They have done a good job pursuing a luxury marketing strategy".
    In terms of sales of an expensive product that is undeniably true, but it does kind of depend on people swallowing bullshit.
    Unless of course it is all down to the quality of their product, which most of us would agree is not the case.
    "They are doing something right". Well yes, again if we are talking in terms of making money, which is where the "con" question came from.
    No, no other "luxury" brands have "earned" this much discussion and online anxiety about their products. The question for many of us is why?

Quote Originally Posted by martinijo View Post
    No, no other "luxury" brands have "earned" this much discussion and online anxiety about their products. The question for many of us is why?
    I'd say its pretty simple. Massive marketing coupled with exaggerated claims of quality and luxury, as well as easy to like fragrances. A small niche company may come out with the best fragrance, but without the proper marketing it will only get so popular and successful. People buy into marketing since that's the entire purpose of it. Creed is sold on Walgreens website! I'd say they're one step away from being sold at Sephora at this point.

As far as calling them Con, that's a pretty large leap and more than likely just a stab to create some controversy. They're simply highly pushed/marketed fragrances that are widely available and are relatively safe and easy to enjoy fragrances. There's nothing wrong with that, I own a few Creeds myself. The only issues I have is the false claim on their history which is a bit ridiculous as well as the batch variations which even higher quality niche houses don't have problems with.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    I'd say its pretty simple. Massive marketing coupled with exaggerated claims of quality and luxury, as well as easy to like fragrances. A small niche company may come out with the best fragrance, but without the proper marketing it will only get so popular and successful. People buy into marketing since that's the entire purpose of it. Creed is sold on Walgreens website! I'd say they're one step away from being sold at Sephora at this point.

As far as calling them Con, that's a pretty large leap and more than likely just a stab to create some controversy. They're simply highly pushed/marketed fragrances that are widely available and are relatively safe and easy to enjoy fragrances. There's nothing wrong with that, I own a few Creeds myself. The only issues I have is the false claim on their history which is a bit ridiculous as well as the batch variations which even higher quality niche houses don't have problems with.

You know that, I know that, most people know that.I just wonder how long we will have to keep saying it until we can use the male forum without encountering the same old drivel thread after thread.

Increasingly, a Creed-only forum appears to be the only answer!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    But if there were no batch variations then there would be no reason to start 6,000 redundant threads on basenotes about batch variations. It would be a great loss to the community.
    Saw your post in this thread and it had me wondering. I know you do a ton of splits, how often do you get people complaining about batch quality when you do splits on Creeds and such? Or do you pretty much make it a point to let people know the batch as you post the split just to cover your basis?

I really like several Creed fragrances. My complaint isn't the variations as much as it is the fact that their caps come off too easily and my Aventus has silver flaking everywhere. This should be an easy fix. I don't want to worry about little things like that when I'm spending a decent amount of money on something.

I wonder if they are testing variations to come with the best scent

Basenotes Junkie

Not a con. Also not quality. I. Just can't see why they can't fix their quality issues.

They are not as good as some designer houses like Dior and Yves Saint Laurent imo. Luckily there is grey market, otherwise I'd never buy them especially considering u get uncertain level of quality for a very high price