Code of Conduct

Default Is John Varvatos Artisan's lasting power/projection really that bad?

Out of all the samples I acquired a while ago it's by far my favourite and I want to buy it badly but an overwhelming amount of people say the projection etc is worthless. Is it that bad?

I want to smell like this soooo bad.
    "To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat." - Beverley Nichols

Default Re: Is John Varvatos Artisan's lasting power/projection really that bad?

IMO yes, all Varvatos scents suffer from poor longevity and smell rather cheap.

Default Re: Is John Varvatos Artisan's lasting power/projection really that bad?

Can only speak for myself. When I tried it, I felt blessed that it had poor longevity and projection as I found it extremely unpleasant.

I wasn't that nuts about it, my wife was, and for a Varvatos it actually did pretty well on my skin. I swapped mine. Just did not care for it. I never seem to hold onto Varvatos bottles for long...

I love JV Artisan.

Scent: 9
    Longevity: 2 (even that may be a stretch)

Dear God.. so it is that bad. Anybody got a suggestion on something similar to Artisan that DOES last?
    "To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat." - Beverley Nichols

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    I love JV Artisan.

Scent: 9
    Longevity: 2 (even that may be a stretch)
    +1 longevity is almost non-existant. Twelve sprays in the morning (yes!), and it's virtually gone at noon. It smells great, so I respray and get to enjoy the beautiful opening again. This should be called an eau de cologne instead of edt. This bottle isn't gonna last me a long time... Oh and despite its lovely opening and lack of a meaningful drydown I won't buy it again. The bottle is a real conversation piece BTW.
    by the time you can afford good speakers, you can't hear the difference

Quote Originally Posted by H3000 View Post
    Dear God.. so it is that bad. Anybody got a suggestion on something similar to Artisan that DOES last?
    Orange or citrus based fragrances in general don't last like other fragrances, but as far as quality and longevity there are two that really stand out to me. One is Atelier Orange Sanguine and the other is Hermes Concentre Orange Verte.

Don't know about Artisan, but Vintage's longevity is not that great either on my skin.

Maybe it's just me, but I get a full day's worth of wear out of John Varvatos Artisan.

Projection, however, is a different story: it's one of the most subtle fragrances that I own.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."