• Cheapsmells.com

13 14.77%
  • Other

37 42.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Online buying

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Online buying

It appears that Lily Direct is a small family-owned and operated business. If you look up their return address from that package on Google Maps you can see that it is a private home.

CologneFan85

fragrancenet is waaaaaaaaay to slow

Post Thanks / Like

lol @ the poll basically giving us 2 options.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stoavio View Post
    lol @ the poll basically giving us 2 options.
    Its like asking "whats your favorite color?" and options are;

Black
    White
    Other

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I sometimes use PennyLanePerfumes.com I have been to their shoppe in Rehoboth Beach Delaware, and they are very knowledgeable. They are running a 25% off everything sale now...I bought up a bunch of stuff. They specialize in Niche Only...Montale, Amouage, Serge Lutens, Penhaligon's, Keiko Mecheri, Heeley, Mona Di Orio, Ramon Monegal...tons of great stuff Shipping is high, but I got my orders in 2 days. $160 Montale Purple Velvet for $120.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if one is from Europe then cheapsmells.com is the deal, if you're from U.S. fragrance net or fragranceX will be better option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drseid View Post
    Most of my purchases are through LuckyScent and they are my choice.
    Same for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Rather off-topic, since it does not relate to online shopping with the US, however in Europe, Manufactum (followed by Austrian, German country codes) offer genuine products, good prices and flawless shipping, especially when it comes to traditional scents.

treeman5823

Amazon.

I just bought tous in heaven and salvador Dali laguda at lilydirect for 35 bucks including shipping. I ordered it on Friday and received it Monday. Per pretty good shipping from California to Pennsylvania. When i opened the tous box i saw that the sprayer was damaged so i called lilydirect and told them and they apologized to me and told me they were sending out a new one.i asked them about sending the damaged one back and they told me just to keep it. Now that's some good customer service!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your experience; it's good to hear they were so considerate.

I'm surprised that I'm the only one here who mentioned ebates. If you buy from Fragrancenet without first going to ebates, you're passing on free money. It's usually 6% cash back on your total Fragrancenet purchase, but they occasionally bump it up to as much as 12%. That's free money on top of the discount at Fragrancenet. If you're going to buy from Fragrancenet (or FragranceX which I've never used), I think you'd be crazy to not use ebates.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    I'm surprised that I'm the only one here who mentioned ebates. If you buy from Fragrancenet without first going to ebates, you're passing on free money. It's usually 6% cash back on your total Fragrancenet purchase, but they occasionally bump it up to as much as 12%. That's free money on top of the discount at Fragrancenet. If you're going to buy from Fragrancenet (or FragranceX which I've never used), I think you'd be crazy to not use ebates.
    It's definitely something to take advantage of but from time to time I completely forget to utilize it. I've yet to develop a habit of first going to ebates then buying something.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Buying from fragrancenet via ebates is not free money. You can get better deals on any fragrance from different sources and it will come out to be cheaper than frageancenet plus ebates cashback combined. Name me any perfume from fragrancenet and i will find a better deal 95 percent of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Buying from fragrancenet via ebates is not free money. You can get better deals on any fragrance from different sources and it will come out to be cheaper than frageancenet plus ebates cashback combined. Name me any perfume from fragrancenet and i will find a better deal 95 percent of the time.
    Well, Fragrancenet isn't the greatest place to shop, but they do have some good deals (and one can always get a 20% off coupon) and in the past few months they had good prices for fragrances such as Dior Homme Intense and Pure Malt. Add in some 6% from ebates and I would argue you are getting a pretty good deal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    Well, Fragrancenet isn't the greatest place to shop, but they do have some good deals (and one can always get a 20% off coupon) and in the past few months they had good prices for fragrances such as Dior Homme Intense and Pure Malt. Add in some 6% from ebates and I would argue you are getting a pretty good deal.
    Im sure they have sales here and there to keep the traffic steady. Thats why i said 95% of the time.
    You are more than welcome to post any fragrance from fragrancet which you thibk is an unbeatable deal. We ll add all the coupons and junk plus ebates cashback and i ll show you that you can always find a better deal. We ll do the math together

Post Thanks / Like

Im sure they have sales here and there to keep the traffic steady. Thats why i said 95% of the time.
    You are more than welcome to post any fragrance from fragrancet which you thibk is an unbeatable deal. We ll add all the coupons and junk plus ebates cashback and i ll show you that you can always find a better deal. We ll do the math together
    Challenge accepted . How about A Taste of Fragrance? After a 20% off coupon it comes out to: $52.15, another 6% off through ebates is $3.12. So $49.03 before tax (for NY residents) and shipping, unless one is planning on purchasing something else to raise the price to $70 (free shipping starts at that point). So for a NY resident (such as me), just buying a taste of fragrance (before ebates) is:
    Subtotal: $52.15
    Shipping: $5.95
    Sales Tax: $5.16
    ORDER TOTAL: $63.26

Take off the 3.12 and you're at $60.14. This automatically changes for residents outside of NY, without tax, we're at: $54.98.

So, where can we get a better deal?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I ll be home in an hour. I ll search when i get home

Post Thanks / Like

I ll be home in an hour. I ll search when i get home
    I'd be very interested to see if you can find a better deal...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I promise to get back to u

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    It's definitely something to take advantage of but from time to time I completely forget to utilize it. I've yet to develop a habit of first going to ebates then buying something.
    I do the exact same thing. I signed up for E-Bates, but it is always an afterthought when I make a purchase. Always think about it afterwards. One of these days I'll remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, what's your deal w/ FragranceNet? Why are you so eager to prove to everyone that you are the best online shopper EVER? I for one like to shop at Fragrancenet because I trust and are familiar with them. They also have good prices.Sure I might be able to find what I'm looking to buy for a few dollars less, but I am willing to pay those few extra dollars for peice of mind and familiarity.

Post Thanks / Like

i just got a bottle of millesime imperial from them. recieved it today. its legit. i can share pics if you d like. look 5 posts up. i posted about it yesterday

- - - Updated - - -

there you go

The coloring on the "Creed" logo seems off to me. My 4oz bottle of MI has completely clear lettering...as do all of my other Creed bottles. Have you looked into this?