Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Thursday 7th March 2013

Can a newbie start one of these threads? Please tell me if not, mods!

Morning my sweet smelling friends.

SODT Chanel Coco

Enjoy your day!

Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD Thursday 7th March 2013

Of course you can Scentsucker, good morning one & all!

SOTD is Carillon pour un Ange, from my sample. Trying to make up my mind whether l need a bottle of this beauty.

Got a couple off days off now, & more pottering planned.

Have a great day, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thanks for getting us underway, Scentsucker.

Chanel: Cuir de Russie(vintage EdT) today.

Best to all.

Dries Van Noten par Frédéric Malle.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all, and thanks Scentsucker

SotD is Guerlain Heritage.

Good day everyone!

Sotd: daim Blond by SL

Woohoo, I lost my SOTD virginity!

*happy dance*

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Royal Crown Les Petites Coquins

Basenotes Plus

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist for me today, best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello there! I couldn't get in yesterday but I could read you all, so I missed saying Happy Birthday to jujy which I felt rotten about. So a warm Belated Happy Birthday to jujy, a real trooper! Three cheers. Hip, hip, hooray!

And also (((((30 Roses and mom)))).

1828 yesters, which I loved revisiting. TF Santal Blush today.

Bonjour!
    .................................Pour Le Jeune Homme, vintage

Tam Dao.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((Foustie)) It was great to sleep in my own bed last night! I'm so grateful for the caregiver.

The storm sent us some winds and a few flakes and rain but that's all, judging from what I see out the window...not even a school delay. We're inland, so the coastal flooding didn't affect us. I'm thinking of all those who are having problems from this storm, though.

SotD is Brin de Réglisse from a sample.

30R., very glad about the situation improvement for your whole family. One day at a time, please.

Lost virginities? We are all for it here, Scentsucker. Besides, you are a Super Member now and not a newbie.

Please let me join the "I enjoy vintage Joy" club today. So Jean Patou it is! And while we are on it, jujy -- I would like to hear more about your mood-shifting scarf you wore yesterday, please? (In MNSHO, a scarf is the best gift there is after fragrances-- easy to keep, to move, with endless possibilities of wearing *she says with about 60 of them in her arsenal khm khm*)
    Last edited by Twolf; 7th March 2013 at 12:04 PM.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Thursday 7th March 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello everyone, and hey there Scentsucker - nice job!

I'm in the original Calvin Klein for women this morning. Y'all have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Evangeline; 7th March 2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

SotD - Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens (from a sample)

Well this morning I did apply some Penhaglion's Elixir, which is very good smelling, I have a sample. But it seems to have pretty much disappeared already, not a lasting scent, this. If I reapply later it will be the one drop I have left of SSS Sienna Musk, which is probably enough to totally beat down the Elixir even at full strength, LOL.

Good morning everyone!

30R, glad to hear things are improving! There's something so restful about finally getting back to your own bed. Hopefully you can rest easy with the new caregiver in the picture.

Evangeline, I had missed that your hubby bought you that Lyric! Whoa! And how neat that he got it without being hinted at or prompted. Really makes it feel so special when the one you love knows you that well. That's what I'm looking for and it's good to know they're out there.

I'm testing Dzongkha today, but you all are making me wish I had broken out my vintage Joy. Haven't worn it in a bit since I've been so taken with spicy warm scents as winter keeps on dragging.

Maria Candida Gentile ~ Cinabre.

Hello everyone !

Wearing Coromandel (a sample which I'm fully enjoying)

Bonne journée : )

Double Click Homme - Kesling

Blog Entries

l'm swinging back & forth on Carillon pour un Ange today. l admire it hugely, but l'm no longer sure if it's quite "me". l found the first few hours much more green & metallic on this wearing, although the leathery-ambergris base is gorgeous. Just not sure l'd go through a bottle of this. Perhaps a decant is in order, although with the current postage regs hoo-ha l'm loathe to risk it.

Conversely, when l tried Zeta again the other day, l loved it much more than l did the first time. l need more wearings to make up my mind, but l only have a drop of each left! What to do? More samples needed, l guess...

lt's Mr teardrop's birthday this weekend, & unfortunately l have to work, so l'm cooking him a nice meal tonight, & taking him out to dinner tomorrow. Tonight it's lamb with new potatoes, & dark chocolate orange fondant with vanilla cream for dessert. Yum! A nice bottle of rose chilling in the fridge, & l couldn't resist a bunch of pink & yellow tulips for the table.

l may not need a SOTE as the Carillon is still going, but l'll decide later...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

30 Roses Thank you for the PM !

And I also forgot to congratulate Evangeline on Lyric woman. Few things compare to the thrill of having an Amouage bottle in the house! I got Memoir recently for my birthday from Mr. WF, and Ubar year earlier for Valentines Day. But your hubby gets double brownie points for making it such surprise. So happy for you!!!

I am twinned with elizrj in Dzongkha.

Azemour les Orangers for me today.

Basenotes Plus

House twin with androidi this evening - Diptyque Philosykos.

Very Irresistible - only it isn't!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

((30Roses)), I'm so glad you didn't have to wrestle with a snowblower tire in waist-deep drifts today -- and that you were able to get a good night's rest. You definitely deserve it.

SotD is Aftelier Candide -- an utterly gorgeous but far too fleeting orange blossom fragrance.

Also, I want to thank all of you lovelies who recommended Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. After taking only 6 years to reach Omaha , I was able to try it at Von Maur last night -- and was immediately bowled over. I walked around with my nose glued to the back of my hand for about half an hour and then just surrendered and bought a bottle. It's GORGEOUS! I'm such a sucker for big white florals, but I guess there are worse things to be, right?

I also tried Angel Les Parfums de Cuir. I do not like the original Angel, but I *really* liked this flanker. This actually helped me locate the leather in Visa for the first time. Now, though, I'm trying to figure out if having Visa, HdP 1804, and Euphoria EDP (which, IMHO, are all Angel references if not outright imitators) PLUS Angel Les Parfums de Cuir would be the ultimate in redundancy ....
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 7th March 2013 at 06:26 PM.

Evening,

AdP Colonia - must be craving Summer !

Best to all.

I'm having a Givenchy Gentleman day today

I know I'm not a gentleman, but if men can wear scents officially designated as feminine then I can wear those officially designated as masculine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post

Hi there

Can you tell me how the fig notes in Philosykos compare to the fig notes in Aqua Allegoria Figue Iris please?

I managed to pick up a bottle of Figue Iris for my sister a few weeks ago, but she is on the look out for a new fragrance now it's discontinued and she really likes other scents with fig in.

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    Dries Van Noten par Frédéric Malle.
    How do you feel about this one? I still haven't come around to really liking it just yet.

Max

Hey y'all -

I'm now in vintage Miss Dior for the afternoon, 60s edt.

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Evangeline, I had missed that your hubby bought you that Lyric! Whoa! And how neat that he got it without being hinted at or prompted. Really makes it feel so special when the one you love knows you that well. That's what I'm looking for and it's good to know they're out there.
    It is very special, and it's pretty rare too, but it's definitely out there for you to find ....just don't ever settle! It took me over thirty years (and three states!) to find just the right one.

Thanks Whitefluffy!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by sfmedusa View Post
    Can you tell me how the fig notes in Philosykos compare to the fig notes in Aqua Allegoria Figue Iris please?

I managed to pick up a bottle of Figue Iris for my sister a few weeks ago, but she is on the look out for a new fragrance now it's discontinued and she really likes other scents with fig in.
    The fig in Philosykos is greener and more earthy. For a sweeter fig / citrus combo you may want to look at Fico di Amalfi (Acqua di Parma). In addition, L'Artisan Premier Figuier (fig & coconut, almost veering into gourmand territory) is also excellent and well worth trying.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 7th March 2013 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    I can't even imagine how Philosykos smells like on a man because it somehow reminds me of my granny. I like it a lot though! Now I'm curious to find out.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsucker View Post
    Woohoo, I lost my SOTD virginity!

*happy dance*
    ((GIGGLE))

This morning:

Egoiste by Chanel

This afternoon:

Addict by Christian Dior

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing L'Heure de Nuit today. <swoon> It's so darn gorgeous.

ExtremeK, I almost bought the Angel Les Parfums de Cuir blind the other night online because I haven't seen it here ... didn't think of Von Maur. I'm going there this weekend because of their Lancome promotion ... will definitely look for it there!

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    ExtremeK, I almost bought the Angel Les Parfums de Cuir blind the other night online because I haven't seen it here ... didn't think of Von Maur. I'm going there this weekend because of their Lancome promotion ... will definitely look for it there!
    Actually, the Tuberose Gardenia was at Von Maur. The Angel Les Parfums de Cuir was at Younkers

Hanbury Maria Candida Gentile
    Last edited by Juana; 16th April 2013 at 11:57 AM.