Code of Conduct

Exclamation Habit Rouge L'Extrait ~ GOOD NEWS !!

Thought I'd share this information.
    I was for some reason under the impression that Habit Rouge L'Extrait was a limited edition of 1000 flacons.
    Today I phoned the main Guerlain Paris store to see if per chance there were a few bottles left. They told me it is available and it is part of their regular stock ~ however it is only available at their Paris flagship store. Nowhere else in France except, (possibly...???) at their new Paris Airport boutique. The sales assistant I spoke to told me she was not sure about the airport boutique and potential customers should check in advance.
    I am really pleased about the fact of it's ongoing availability.....I had always liked the sound of Habit Rouge as an extrait !!!
    The price at the main Paris store is €300 for a 60ml bottle.
    Also, I have never tried the extrait....can anyone who has tried it give a description please. Is it pretty much the same blend as the edt ?
    Thanks for your help.

.....i've updated this thread with another question. There are a lot of mentions of the eau de parfum version of Habit Rouge, yet it is not listed on the basenotes or fragrantica directory.
    When was the edp released please ?.....one poster describes a vintage and reformulated vesion even. Why is it not listed ??
    Can someone post a photo of the edp please !
    It seems a lot of people prefer the edp to the extrait.
    Last edited by david; 7th March 2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Default Re: Habit Rouge L'Extrait ~ GOOD NEWS !!

Lucky find!

Good news David. You should probably take out the part mentioning the split and make a thread in the split section so people can sign up. I think a split of this will be very popular.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Good news David. You should probably take out the part mentioning the split and make a thread in the split section so people can sign up. I think a split of this will be very popular.
    Thanks for the advice...will do.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Habit Rouge L'Extrait (50ml) has always been exclusive available @Guerlain Boutique store in Paris.

You can request a 1000ml direct from them if you are interest in hosting a split, the cost per ml is alot more reasonable.

I'm fortunate to have a decant of this and i love it. Would highly recommend it.

It's so complex that my nose is not pro enough to detect and describe it to you, i'm sorry. (maybe if you contact MR.G and he'll will help you out http://monsieurguerlain2.blogspot.co.../06/house.html)

Habit Rouge L'Extrait is not the same as the edt, it's more denser and thicker, and the vintage HR edp share similar DNA as the HR L'Extrait, where as the current HR edp lean more toward the edt version.
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Quote Originally Posted by HDDP View Post
    Habit Rouge L'Extrait (50ml) has always been exclusive available @Guerlain Boutique store in Paris.

You can request a 1000ml direct from them if you are interest in hosting a split, the cost per ml is alot more reasonable.

I'm fortunate to have a decant of this and i love it. Would highly recommend it.

It's so complex that my nose is not pro enough to detect and describe it to you, i'm sorry. (maybe if you contact MR.G and he'll will help you out http://monsieurguerlain2.blogspot.co.../06/house.html)

Habit Rouge L'Extrait is not the same as the edt, it's more denser and thicker, and the vintage HR edp share similar DNA as the HR L'Extrait, where as the current HR edp lean more toward the edt version.
    Thanks for your help.

Guerlainista

It was initially released as a limited edition in 2009, but then brought back in limited annual production a couple of years later.

It's not only available at the 68 Champs-Elysees store. I bought mine at Galeries Lafayette Haussmann, and I think all of the Guerlain boutiques in Paris sell it too.

It's very different from the EdP, by the way. It certainly recalls the EdT, but is much more complex and darker. I think it's safe to say that if you like the EdT, and the idea of an extrait appeals to you, you will probably love it.

For me, its a very beautiful composition, but don't expect much greater longevity and projection. I think its less radiant than both the EdT and EdP, and perhaps lingers on the skin a bit longer.

The original EdP came in bottle like the EdT but with a red leather shell around it. It listed oud in the notes. The current version is in a glass suitcase bottle like the EdT, and it not longer lists the oud. I don't detect much difference between then though, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, the bottle is 50ml, as HDDP pointed out.

Also, BillyD is also currently hosting a 1000ml split I think.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Also, I have never tried the extrait....can anyone who has tried it give a description please. Is it pretty much the same blend as the edt ?
    If someone doesn't like the EdT nor EdP they are unlikely to like the Extrait. It is still clearly recognisable as HR. Certain notes are more prominent (notably leather, ambergris) others lighter (it hasn't got the same fizzy citrus top as HR standards and thus smells less 'exuberant'). It's full-bodied and generally more 'basey'. I know it is an unfashionable term hereabouts but I find it the most masculine incarnation. On me it lasts all day.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    .....i've updated this thread with another question. There are a lot of mentions of the eau de parfum version of Habit Rouge, yet it is not listed on the basenotes or fragrantica directory.
    Why is it not listed ??
    Can someone post a photo of the edp please !
    ...the same goes for Héritage EDP: not mentioned on Basenotes. I asked for it some time ago but nothing happened...
    Here a picture of Habit Rouge EDP:

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by Trauerkraut View Post
    ...the same goes for Héritage EDP: not mentioned on Basenotes. I asked for it some time ago but nothing happened...
    Here a picture of Habit Rouge EDP:

Thats the old version. The current presentation looks like this:

- - - - - - - - - - - - -