Code of Conduct

Exclamation Or Noir ~ Pascal Morabito

I have been wearing the edt for the last couple of days and I'm so impressed with this creation.
    Not to be confused with Or Black, Or Noir is the womens version. I find it very unisex. To my nose it's one of the smoothest, most beautiful florals I have ever come across. It reminds me very much of the floral notes in Chanel's Bois des Iles, but without the sandalwood. Beautiful, subtle, complex is how I would sum it up.
    I was completely thrown reading the reviews ~ both here and on fragrantica. They are so varied and to a certain extent extreme. Some reviews hint of sharp/screaming/dark/dense......I don't get any of that. In fact I get the complete opposite.
    If you have tried this please give us your thoughts.
    Probably, this is the most sophisticated floral I have ever smelled and due to its subtlety, easily worn by a man.
    Last edited by david; 7th March 2013 at 10:29 PM.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Default Re: Or Noir ~ Pascal Morabito

Bought this for my wife years back. I remember her enjoying it.

I have a mini and also like it a lot. It is loud and dense to my nose, but in a good way.

cacio

Or Noir is far too feminine for my taste (I don't like rose in a man's scent)

Find it too feminine IMO, however, love the Or Black; I find Pascal Morabito to be one of the most underrated noses in the industry & among the various fragrance forums including BN as well...I hope more people try out the Nejma Oud line...

Cacio, David,

White floral prominent? Or rose...

for swap/sale:

hedonist:

rose, definitely, of the big, thick variety of the 70s-80s.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Cacio, David,

White floral prominent? Or rose...
    This is interesting ! I am not picking up the rose...and I am a huge rose fan. I find the florals so well blended that no one flower dominates. I would describe the floral in Or Noir as almost exactly the same as the floral in Bois des Iles. (minus the sandalwood).
    I will report back after another wearing this evening.
    When you look at the reviews, everyone seems to have a different perspective on this one !

- - - Updated - - -

Update.
    I'm wearing this tonight and I do detect rose, (a soapy soft focused rose) amongst a lot of other florals.
    Holiday accommodation, (central apartments in Berlin and south of France) offered in exchange for fragrances. Please pm me.

Thans Cacio and David.

for swap/sale:

Has anybody tried his other "Or" variations: Or Crystal, Or Star and Or Boreal... ?
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I have a bottle of Or Noir that I picked up in the late 1990's. I went through a couple of bottles before this one. Or Noir is a stunner - it really is an olfactive impression of "black gold". It's definitely not a white floral. It does have some dark rose in it. I pick up a frankincense note and I suspect it has a bit of oud in it. This came out in the days when oud was too weird to mention, so many frags contained it (even if in very small portions as part of an accord) but it was never exclaimed upon.

I've always saved wearing Or Noir for the coldest winter days, but I can see it being a beauty on hot, dry late summer into autumn days too - in my part of the globe anyway.

I've always considered Or Noir and the long-gone L'Art de Gucci to be cousins of a sort, although they are not so very alike, and the Gucci is so much further in femme territory. It's just the zeitgeist in which the two came out, plus their sophistication and complexity.