Code of Conduct

Default spring/summer in UK. take a look at my wardrobe

My fragrance collection started a few months ago and has grown quickly.

What frags in my wardrobe should I put back in the boxes until autumn/winter?

Thanks

Default Re: spring/summer in UK. take a look at my wardrobe

I personally wouldn't put any away.

Depending on where you live, you could probably steer clear of heavier, spicier fragrances during the summer. I would suggest trying some citrus colognes and lavenders during this time of year. Perhaps, Caldey Island Lavender, Eau du Coq, Lorenzo Villoresi Colonia, etc.

The only fragrance in your collection that's in my spring box is Dior Homme. But you should make your own mind up and do what YOU feel is right. There are those that wouldn't wear Dior Homme in the spring. It doesn't make me right and them wrong. Do what you feel.

Are we going to have summer ever again? Not that I love hot weather but given the fact it will snow again on Monday with below 0 temperature.

I personally prefer cold weather to keep blasting me gourmands and spice heavy fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyv View Post
    My fragrance collection started a few months ago and has grown quickly.

What frags in my wardrobe should I put back in the boxes until autumn/winter?

Thanks
    Winter is supposed to be back this weekend, so you may want to hold off. In any case, you shouldn't let other people answer that question for you. If you really feel the need to separate fragrances by season (and I'm doubtful when I'm wearing layers in July), then you should do it according to what YOU like to wear in whatever weather. It should be a matter of your taste, not our opinions.

Depends on you how do you tolerate sweet and heavy stuff in hot weather. Personally I would not wear much in summer:

M7
    Xeryus Rouge
    Burberry London
    Dior Homme
    Fahrenheit
    LL Au Masculin

I have not tried your 3 Tom Fords yet but I am sure they are more cold weather stuff too.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Bvlgari Aqua could go well with rain and drizzle, methinks.

Thanks for the replies.
    I guess I was looking for opinions rather
    Than guidance.
    I'm not sure we will get a summer in the UK ?
    But I've got my fingers crossed.

At the moment I'm in Egypt with 'tommy bahama' set sail st barts
    For the day and Custo Barcelona Man for evenings.

I will probably box up tobacco Vanille, m7, Burberry London and maybe others, will decide when I get home.

Just gives me a change to wear the frags I havnt used slot so far, Bulgari aqua being one.

Thanks

...for summer in the UK; buy an umbrella and wear whatever you want to wear...!

Basenotes Plus

Hi Jonnyv -

Personally, I think fragrances (when applied at the right time/occasion) can be year-round. Only EXTREME temperatures make certain fragrances 'unwearable'. And, if you are spending an evening indoors...anything that fancies your mood is perfectly fine. I would look to add to your collection, rather than worry about putting away bottles, which could be wearable year-round.

Look at getting some vetivers - including Guerlain Vetiver (your choice on formulation based upon your affinity for tobacco), but the current and prior formulation are both excellent, but different. Also, I would recommend looking into (for warmer weather), more citrus scents. The range to choose from is broad - but you should start with some classics and look for compositions that express themselves to you. Monsieur Balmain, Eau Rochas Pour Homme, and YSL Pour Homme Haute Concentration are all wonderful. And...make sure you spend some time with Acqua di Parma's line. Fresh, distinct and timeless.

Last recommendation...I would include a nice aromatic fougere (or two) into your collection - they wear well year-round. Look into Worth Pour Homme, Patrick of Fragrances of Ireland, and Azzaro Pour Homme (if you like anise). I mention these as they all are good in current formulation. I recommend Vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, if you can find it...a timeless classic, but current formulation is not even worth looking at.

Enjoy - cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyv View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    I guess I was looking for opinions rather
    Than guidance.
    I'm not sure we will get a summer in the UK ?
    But I've got my fingers crossed.

At the moment I'm in Egypt with 'tommy bahama' set sail st barts
    For the day and Custo Barcelona Man for evenings.

I will probably box up tobacco Vanille, m7, Burberry London and maybe others, will decide when I get home.

Just gives me a change to wear the frags I havnt used slot so far, Bulgari aqua being one.

Thanks
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen