Code of Conduct

Default The long awaited Beloved for Man by Amouage is now available!!!!

Good news Ladies and Gents,
    Amouage has at last released Beloved for Man at its boutique and at Harrods. Going over there right now to give it a try! :-)

Default Re: The long awaited Beloved for Man by Amouage is now available!!!!

Let us know if it's beloved or not.

Yes, please do post back a mini review if you can!!

At the price they are asking it better be beloved.

Enjoy! I wasn't enamoured with the women's version when I sampled it a month ago (especially at that price, yeesh!) but am curious about Beloved Man.

I'm a gambler. I'm risking a blind buy on this one once Bergdorf's gets it in stock. Can't wait.

I found this on 'Perfume Posse' They loved it and they didn't like the women's version. Looking forward to your review.

'...But let’s get to the scent of Amouage Beloved Man. Well. Wow. It’s hard to describe. The release states the notes as aromatically sharp top notes of Orange, Grapefruit and Elemi embracing an efflorescent melange of Geranium, Jasmine, Orris and Saffron at the heart. Warm Cedar wood, Guaiac Wood, Leather, Patchouli, Vetiver and Musk are richly woven in the intricate and alluring base...'

Ok peeps I had a chance to try out the new Beloved Man yesterday night. The fragrance concentration is very high for an EdP at 30-35% and the price is £265. It’s exclusive to Harrods and the Lowndes Street Amouage boutique and has an amazing list of ingredients.

Top Notes
    Orange, grapefruit, neroli, cypress, elemi, clovebud, black pepper, cardamom

Heart Notes
    Geranium Bourbon, jasmine, orris, cumin, olibanum, labdanum, nutmeg, saffron

Basenotes
    Cedarwood Atlas, guaiac wood, leather, patchouli, vetiver, musk

The sample card it says:
    "Beloved is a woody spicy oriental fragrance with top notes of black pepper and cardamom enhanced with rich floral in the heart. The selection of rich woods and resins in the base ads warmth and comfort to this distinctive fragrance"

As one can see from above there are a huge number of ingredients and thus I would say the fragrance would be very subjective to ones skin chemistry so please do take my humble opinion like a pinch of salt.
    From the beginning it opened very warm, sweet and very spicy. The warmth and sweetness had almost tonka/coumarin like qualities making it almost gourmand. As there was so much going on in the perfume, I felt I had to put all my focus on my nose to isolate the notes and on deep inhalations I felt there was a sharp cardamom with the clovebud balancing the edges very lightly. A heavy pepper note was present which worked with the warm spicy notes. My nose could not trace any citrus although according to the above list they were there. Within the depth of this warm sweetness I could very lightly sense the freshness of frankincense in the background. Again there is way too much going on and all I get for now if I were to smell lightly is a tonka based oriental.
    After two hours the florals and woods come in to the forefront with the warm sweetness still there which has strangely changed in to a buttery soapiness. The cumin has now come and working very beautifully with the jasmine and now one can sense where all this warmth of this fragrance comes from.........its the cumin! The cumin is quite strong but the florals i.e. geranium and jasmine has tamed it so all one can sense is the warmth of this spice. Due to the cumin I can’t sense the resins too much but I can sense their synergy with the florals. I can lightly sense something ever so slightly camphoric right at the back which may be producing all this sweetness......frankly I wish I knew.
    Now its a good 7 hours since I sprayed the perfume and I feel the whole composition has calmed down but still smelling quite sweet leaving behind a nice light trail of sweet musk which also had a strange but quite strong woody aquatic note. You may ask where does this aquatic note comes from, again honestly I’ve no idea, as this is what I and those around me have perceived.
    Overall I’m impressed by the complexity of the composition and how certain ingredients work together in perfect synergy to create different accords, however it was not for me as it smelled almost quite generic for an Amouage. I feel as though it was going in the same direction as Interlude and possibly Reflection. Due to the huge number of ingredients in Beloved I can foresee this fragrance working very differently on others, however I feel on my self the cumin came out too much albeit it was tamed by the other notes and the sweetness was too tenacious and eventually was quite overwhelming.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I would not blind buy this one. But I am just dying to take a sniff at it.

Banned

Such a beautiful review sultanpasha:-) ,

Pink Beloved smelled to me as well like perfume concentration, very, very oily, and its spiced musky scent with no floral at all except the opening notes, so this masculine version has more florals then feminine one, but women s Beloved is just too synthetic, that musk kills it:-)
    Last edited by iivanita; 10th March 2013 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post

Pink Beloved smelled to me as well like perfume concentration, very, very oily, and its spiced musky scent with no floral at all except the opening notes, so this masculine version has more florals then feminine one, but women s Beloved is just too synthetic, that musk kills it:-)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Pink Beloved smelled to me as well like perfume concentration, very, very oily, and its spiced musky scent with no floral at all except the opening
    notes, so this masculine version has more florals then feminine one, but women s Beloved is just too synthetic, that musk kills it:-)
    Thanks Iivanita for your kind compliments. As I was one of the first to get hands on this fragrance for a review I thought that I should do a proper one and thoroughly analyse to do it justice as to do so was a privilege, however my nose still needs further refinement and training.....I'm no expert.
    Heheheh! Your love/hate relationship with musk as always is hilarious! With regards to Beloved woman from what I could remember it was too floral and soapy powder on my skin. This is what I meant by the compositions being so complex everything you smell is very subjective to your skin chemistry. In terms of florals in the Male version they were working in synergy with the cumin so you couldn't sense them unless you look at the notes and truly focus on what you were smelling at that particular time.

This is a review thread - there are defined areas for advertising splits and rules governing sales if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 26th March 2013 at 09:58 AM.

Apologies.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 26th March 2013 at 09:57 AM.

FIRST POST - I had the opportunity to smell this today at Bergdorf. I am so disappointed. I really expected something out of the ordinary.
    Its way too citrusy and it fell flat. I'm not saying it could be something to someone else, but I am an Amouage fan and this did not live up to the hype.

SECOND POST - I WENT BACK TO BERGDORF AND ACTUALLY WORE THE BELOVED. I HAVE TO SAY I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT AFTER WEARING IT....ITS ELEGANT. THE CITRUS NOTES DID NOT TAKE OVER THE SCENT. IT REMINDS ME OF SUSHI IMPERIALE BY BOISE, BUT UPSCALED. I BOUGHT IT AND I"M VERY HAPPY!
    Last edited by joemaz; 17th April 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joemaz View Post
    I had the opportunity to smell this today at Bergdorf. I am so disappointed. I really expected something out of the ordinary.
    Its way too citrusy and it fell flat. I'm not saying it could be something to someone else, but I am an Amouage fan and this did not live up to the hype.
    Yeah, it seems like the consensus is that it's underwhelming and not worth the high price tag. I've yet to try this myself though, probably won't for a while.

Judging by the notes it sounds rather kaleidoscopic. Not sure how wrong they could be with a soft citrus, green, woody, leather. A summer scent, and I have heard comparisons to Caron Third man with a radiant lemony incense on top a soft green leathery base. Wonder if this once opens up a bit more during the warmer months.