Code of Conduct

Thread: This One.

Exclamation This One.

I seem to be going through a spate of discovering unknown gems hidden within my collection.
    After a mind blowing experience with J'ai OsÚ, a wonderful smoky leather spicy floral ~ along comes this one.....

DALI, (the very first womens release ~ not the mens). Yesterday I dug this out and sprayed it on half jokingly, at least not expecting very much....perhaps it was the Jagger lips bottle that made me not want to take the juice too seriously ?
    This is an incredible fragrance, (experience !) To my nose I'm getting a creamy apple blossom bathed in spices. I'm detecting a ginger note that stays all the way through the drydown. I would say this is very unisex.....and EXTREMELY SEXY. No other way to put it.
    I dove straight into the fragrance directory to see other peoples reactions and....was gobsmacked. Not one single review of this ~ it seems to have been under the basenotes radar. On fragrantica there are no less than 40 reviews, mostly really positive.
    If you don't know it, give this one a try.
    If you do, please share your thoughts !
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: This One.

Only familiar with the men's which I own and enjoy.

David! I always enjoy reading about your discoveries.
    Thank you and please keep them coming.

I have a sample. Indeed, I also love it, to me it's a very big, luscious floral. Apple blossom doesn't quite describe it, for me. (but then I see we have different perceptions of flowers, for instance, in another thread you perceived Or noir as a delicate white florals while to me it's a big saturated rose ...)

cacio

What concentration is yours David? I see reference to a Perfume, PdT, and on fragrancenet I see an EDT. I also read that reformulations have not changed the stuff much and Im seriously considering picking up a bottle of the EDT. Anyone elses input is also welcome on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Only familiar with the men's which I own and enjoy.
    Hi hednic, I have the men's, but I really find the women's more interesting and in this case very wearable for a man. Try if you get the chance ~ and have a read of the reviews on fragrantica !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    David! I always enjoy reading about your discoveries.
    Thank you and please keep them coming.
    Thanks so much. I often wish there would be more threads regarding these forgotten classics !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I have a sample. Indeed, I also love it, to me it's a very big, luscious floral. Apple blossom doesn't quite describe it, for me. (but then I see we have different perceptions of flowers, for instance, in another thread you perceived Or noir as a delicate white florals while to me it's a big saturated rose ...)

cacio
    Yes you are right cacio. I probably mistook the ylang~ylang, (which often has a ripe banana fruity smell) for an apple/apple blossom note. I was geting a delicious creamy fruity vibe, so I'm sure it was the ylang~ylang. After your post on the Or Noir thread I revisited the fragrance and could clearly detect the rose note !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    What concentration is yours David? I see reference to a Perfume, PdT, and on fragrancenet I see an EDT. I also read that reformulations have not changed the stuff much and Im seriously considering picking up a bottle of the EDT. Anyone elses input is also welcome on this issue.
    Hi, I don't have a box with this one and I checked under the bottle ~ there is no label or sticker. It just says embossed on the glass " S. Dali~Ray Int. I00ml " I'm sorry I can't be of more help. The fragrance in my bottle is quite a dark brown colour.
    I would say go for it ! It's really sensual, has excellent silliage and longevity, without being a powerhouse ~ and it's totally unisex, (imo).
    If you are not familiar with them, try also, Or Noir ~ Pascal Morabito, and J'ai OsÚ ~ Guy Laroche !!
    " Only wimps swim with the current "