Code of Conduct

Default Bond No 9 - Harrods Oud

I have an opportunity to purchase last few remaining bottles of Bond No 9 - Harrods Oud

As I understand, the Swarvoski Oud Limited Edition was released for around $650 or so, which looked like

Now, the bottle, I have an option to buy, hasn't got any pictures, but I think it may look like

Perhaps, somebody who own this can confirm if I am actually buying second bottle?

Also, if you know if their is any difference in the actual scent between these two?

Thanks

Default Re: Bond No 9 - Harrods Oud

Same juice. One has Swarovski crystals and one does not.

Never buy the blinged out bottle! Who needs the bling? My bottle looks like thd one pictured.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Looks like you got the answers you need. Now all you have to do is buy it quickly before someone else does!

Is it worth the $270 tag? I am paying Amouage price? Is it Amouage quality?

One of the best oud frags out there. If you don't like it, I'll buy it off u

It's an oud frag no doubt about that but it has this latex freshness coming from myrrh. Just gorgeous. I personally feel it's a fragrance that should have won an award. An award for what, I don't know...just some kind of award, lol

I don't think Amouage is worth Amouage prices. Any of them.

Pay what you feel it's worth!

This is some very nice juice, I'd buy another bottle that's for sure.

Worth it. No doubt in my mind.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    I would say no, Bond no 9 is not Amouage quality, and not worth that price. Personally, I find it similar to Tom Ford Oud Wood and Le Labo Oud 27. Oud Wood being a restrained wearable oud, and Oud 27 turns the skank meter up to 10. Harrods Oud falls somewhere in between.

the remaining bottles??? you mean all of them? it was selling for 340$ retail so @270 you're saving a bit. I just hope you're not buying this one blind!

Basenotes Institution

One of my favorite scents from BN9.
    "Human interaction can be hell. Or it can be a great spiritual practice."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I would say no, Bond no 9 is not Amouage quality, and not worth that price. Personally, I find it similar to Tom Ford Oud Wood and Le Labo Oud 27. Oud Wood being a restrained wearable oud, and Oud 27 turns the skank meter up to 10. Harrods Oud falls somewhere in between.
    You took the words right out of my mouth, especially with the similiarity to Oud Wood. I already own Oud Wood and sampled Harrods Oud. Not really a fan of the latter. It is more animalic and a bit too skanky for me. With all the positive reviews and the high price tag, I kinda felt let down. IMO, Oud Wood is a superior fragrance and cheaper, especially from a split.

I think it will NOT buy this. Looking at things, I will never have a Creed/Bond no 9 in my collection.

I think it will NOT buy this. Looking at things, I will never have a Creed/Bond no 9 in my collection.
    Why do you say that?

There are many cheaper fragrances. But I wonder about the turn around too. WTF? Do you only want the lower quality scents now after asking?
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    There are many cheaper fragrances. But I wonder about the turn around too. WTF? Do you only want the lower quality scents now after asking?
    I think I will stick to Private Blends and Amouage. This just doesn't seem like near the two on price/quality ratio. I don't want to pay to use "Harrods" name.

I think I will order 250ml of Private Blend Oud Wood instead with "this" money.

I advise you make sure that the oud you are considering to purchase from Bond No. 9 is the same as the Harrod's in the non blinged bottle photo above. They do sell a Harrod's for Men and the bottle looks very similar but it is NOT the same perfume.

Harrod's Ltd. Edition Oud is a much better fragrance than Tom Ford Oud - just my opinion. I've owned them both as well as many other oud perfumes and it is hard to improve on the Bond No. 9 Harrod's Ltd. Oud. Tom Ford is a fine product, but it is not superior to any of the other mainstream oud perfumes on the market. It is just a matter of which perfume you enjoy, imo the Bond Harrod's Oud smells better - more wow factor. The two new Guerlain's (Songe d' Ete and Rose Nacre) are very nice too. I have noticed they no longer sell Harrod's Ltd. Edition Oud on Bond No. 9 website so I suppose its limited edition status is running out of edition. I am happy to have my bottle!
    STARTING ROTATION: BtV Oxford • Cologne du Parfumeur • Jaisalmer • Sel d' Vetiver • Javanese Patchouli • Azemour les Orangers • Bergamote 22 • Homme L' Eau • Bois d' Ascese • Bowmakers • Ex Idolo Thirty Three • AA Erdenstern • Boston Ivy • Bitter Rose Broken Spear • Bleu EDP • LL Santal 33 • Aventus • Jardin d' Amalfi • BtV Chelsea • Vetiver Veritas

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.html

It is indeed Harrod's Oud and not just the Harrods for Men.

Harrods Oud is Harrods Oud. The "Limited Edition" refers to the bottle, not the juice which is the same.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion

So this one has been full-on discontinued? As others have said, it's no longer at the official online shop. I wonder if this will ever be re-released or repackaged to be a permanent part of the line. It's really a great scent, one that I have been surviving off a decant off in the vague hope that it would eventually show up en masse at the discounters. May just get one now, if it won't be around long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    So this one has been full-on discontinued? As others have said, it's no longer at the official online shop. I wonder if this will ever be re-released or repackaged to be a permanent part of the line. It's really a great scent, one that I have been surviving off a decant off in the vague hope that it would eventually show up en masse at the discounters. May just get one now, if it won't be around long.
    Only 6 bottles. It not available even at Harrods.

But.... someone needs to point out that Harrods Oud has that barnyard oud note which to me smells like manure! It's an amazing fragrance and I love it but I'm afraid to wear it in public sometimes. Skanky and animalic? You bet. Versatile and easy to wear? Not really sure about that but I'm very happy to own a bottle.
    This one and silver factory are the only 2 Bond no.9 bottles that I own (or I thought were worth owning)
    Last edited by hawk; 14th March 2013 at 07:42 PM.

Why So Serious?

I thought that Harrod's Oud is superb, i don't find it dirty in the least. Oud 27 and Leather Oud are really the skunks out there, comparing to them HO is actually quite clean.
    Current top 5:
    1. MDCI Chypre Palatin
    2. Puredistance M
    3. Roja Dove Vetiver Extrait
    4. Guerlain Coriolan
    5. BPC Oud

Decants for swap: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/403...mples-for-Swap

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    I thought that Harrod's Oud is superb, i don't find it dirty in the least. Oud 27 and Leather Oud are really the skunks out there, comparing to them HO is actually quite clean.
    Agreed. HO is very clean and wearable; I'm generally very sensitive to skankiness in fragranes, and I get none of it from the Bond offering. Leather Oud, meanwhile, I scarcely wear due to skunky aspect.

Has Bond ever discontinued a fragrance be ides Andy Warhol? Unsure but I don't think so. Harrods Oud was gone from the Bond website for a while, came back and is gone again. If I were a betting man I would bet that more will be made. But who knows? Glad I have it. A wonderful and yes, a very wearable scent.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion

Couple of things... I know herrods new York amber is MUCH weaker than regular new York amber. What is the longevity? I tried it and while nice IMO it isn't worth more than $125. Try a montale aoud

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    ...This one and silver factory are the only 2 Bond no.9 bottles that I own (or I thought were worth owning)
    I feel the same way
    "Human interaction can be hell. Or it can be a great spiritual practice."

-- Eckhart Tolle

I'll say it again...be careful. I bought New York Amber loved it and great projection/longevity. I tried Herrods Amber...customer service rep. said it is the same thing except weaker, less concentrated. I said "why should I pay more for a weaker version?" They had no good answer. If the same holds true for New York Oud and Herrods Oud, you are getting less for more money.

Dependent

This is truly superior juice. One of the best, most special compositions out there. Tom Ford Oud Wood is definitely close, but completely missing the interesting vetiver/green character of Harrods Oud, which is exactly what elevates it above. My go-to special occasion frag.

It's far more natural than any other Bond fragrance, which tend toward the sickly-sweet chemical to my nose. $270 is a good deal, I say take it.

I think I will stick to Private Blends and Amouage. This just doesn't seem like near the two on price/quality ratio. I don't want to pay to use "Harrods" name.

I think I will order 250ml of Private Blend Oud Wood instead with "this" money.
    You can get Bn9 at good prices...I bought 40 New York Amber "Bon Bons" for $90...that is about 70mls for under $100. Keep looking, there are some really nice Bn9 frags...and some garbage. Good luck. Look for "used" bottles on EBAY. No one takes the time to fake a bottle then sell it as "used" look for good deals on the bon bons...I've seen guys on EBAY selling 10 or 20 of them for a good price. You can get all the same kind and 20 bon bons is about 34mls