Code of Conduct
Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125
Results 3,721 to 3,741 of 3741

Default Re: Fragrances that "WOW" you recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Rediscovering and thus also relearning to even further appreciate a fragrance already liked since teenage years and being incidentally also the SOTD.

Simply amazed how good One Man Show by Bogart (unexpectedly inexpensive and not even knowing nor able to determine whether it is actually the vintage or the current version of this) can be such an accomplished powerhouse chypre scent with hints of citrus, floral and/or herbal notes of surprising depth, nuance and performance.
    Try also (vtg preferred) Krizia Uomo; imo a better version, so to speak, of Bogart OMS!
    Sure you'll like it (if not already )
    My Top '11' :

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Azzaro: Pour Homme (vtg)
    - Tom Ford: Ombré Leather
    - Guerlain: Héritage (vtg)
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Armani: Acqua di Gio Profumo
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - Amouage: Interlude

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Menta y Menta - might be my favorite mint scent so far.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    MFK Grand Soir. I simply must have it eventually. I bought a little mini spray and fell for it hard. Reminds me a bit of L'Air du Desert Marocain. I need them both.
    Yeah, you won't be disappointed with Grand Soir. I finally picked up a full bottle myself this year. I need a full bottle of LADDM as well!

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    I just admire Carnal Flower so much - although it's too feminine for me to wear in public, I love wearing it around the house. Even though I could sell it for quite a lot, I will keep it in my collection just because I want to keep smelling it over and over again.
    I feel the same way about not feeling comfortable wearing in public, but love wearing it around the house. I only have a sample (actually gone now), and that's the exact reason I haven't opted for a full bottle.

Been a few months since my last wearing of Lyric. For a non-rose lover, I love this!

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    Bukhoor by Thomas Kosmala.

I like all of the Kosmalas I've tried - extremely good new brand.
    Interesting. I will have to take a look.

Really enjoying Oud Monarch from Bortnikoff.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Been a few months since my last wearing of Lyric. For a non-rose lover, I love this!
    Very enjoyable year around scent. Wife is a big fan. But she says "rose" right away!

Yeaterday and today I am getting to k iw and enjoy Musc Ravenger.

To be knows its a "modern" Knize 10. In my book there is bonfiner compliment

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

ARAMIS TOBACCO RESERVE
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA
    Currently wearing: SoCal Cologne by Hollister

MEMO Winter Palace ++ Game of Thrones reference of Dragon motif/design and a terrific benzoin / orange flower incense smokey spice scent. I can feel the drifting incense that hangs in the air of Winter Palace.
    Top Bottles Today: • costa azzurra acqua • la haine, moth and rabbit • black leather j-scent • unum Io non ho mani • the orchid man • terre d'hermes parfum • hindu kush • l'air barbes 19-69 • eau de citron noir • tonic blanc thomas kosmala • la nuit de l'homme • covent garden, jack perfume • no.9 bukhoor elixir • no. 4 apres l'amour • casamorati mephisto gentiluomo

Vilhelm Parfumerie Stockholm 1978 very modern take on barbershop scent. Big fam of Jerome Epinette perfume work with this line. I am thoroughly engaged by this one like many of Vilhelm perfumes. I give this one top marks along with Dear Polly, Morning Chess, Black Citrus and The Oud Affair.
    Top Bottles Today: • costa azzurra acqua • la haine, moth and rabbit • black leather j-scent • unum Io non ho mani • the orchid man • terre d'hermes parfum • hindu kush • l'air barbes 19-69 • eau de citron noir • tonic blanc thomas kosmala • la nuit de l'homme • covent garden, jack perfume • no.9 bukhoor elixir • no. 4 apres l'amour • casamorati mephisto gentiluomo

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    MFK Grand Soir. I simply must have it eventually. I bought a little mini spray and fell for it hard. Reminds me a bit of L'Air du Desert Marocain. I need them both.
    Actually found a decent price on Amazon and snagged Grand Soir. I have had my eyes on LdDM forever but they seem to be only 1.7 ml for such a steep price tag.
    In silence, with body and mind still, a depth of understanding may be achieved that is not available to one who languishes at the mercy of life’s relentless chatter.

Soleil Infidele by LM Parfums
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Byredo Sundazed. Supposedly citrus and cotton candy but to my nose it is a purple ivory soap. Charming and fascinating. Leans fem but I think I can pull it off!
    Current Go-To:
    Javanese Patchouli (Zegna), Vintage Tabarome (Creed), Vetiver Ext. (R Dove), Kobe (Xerjoff), M1849 (Creed), L'Air du Desert Marocain (Tauer), Colonia Essenza (Acqua di Parma), Musc Infini (Ex Nihilo), Bergamot Ext. (R Dove), Musk Oud (By Killian), Violettes du Czar (Legrand)

Freed from BN Institution

Vintage formulation of Chanel No 5 and Guerlain L'Heure Bleue, both parfum concentrations.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Sous Le Vent by Guerlain

HOW VERY EXCITING, N.CAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Vintage formulation of Chanel No 5 and Guerlain L'Heure Bleue, both parfum concentrations.
    You are reading my thoughts.
    “You are the bait. The bait is you.” ~Trick or Treat (1986)
    “Have a good time, all the time. That is my philosophy.” ~This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
    “Thrrrow yourselves into the river, dahlings!” ~Withnail and I (1987)

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by The Colognnoisseur View Post

ARAMIS TOBACCO RESERVE
    Waiting to try it, I just blind bought it.
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Waiting to try it, I just blind bought it.
    Congrats on your pick up of Aramis Tobacco Reserve.
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA
    Currently wearing: SoCal Cologne by Hollister

Most Sultan Pasha Attars wow me. Yesterday his Aurum d Ankhor was a holy grail experience, absolutely stunning in it's complexity and quality. And today his new Juriah attar which has not been released yet is so intoxicating with the finest Taif Rose and Hindi Oud. After experiencing all these luxurious fragrances from Sultan Pasha I don't know how I can go back to wearing normal designer/niche scents. It will be like getting used to lobster and champagne, steak etc and then going back to eating beans on toast to use a analogy.
    "There's No School Like The Old School."

My Top Five

1. Aurum d Angkhor By Sultan Pasha
    2. Fougere Noire By Sultan Pasha
    3. L' Heure d' Or By Sultan Pasha
    4. Encens Chypre By Sultan Pasha
    5. Equilibre By Sultan Pasha

Freed from BN Institution

Continuing the vintage train, a sample of a 1940s formulation of Guerlain Vol de Nuit perfume.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Sous Le Vent by Guerlain

Sunsuality - just perfect at this time.

Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125