Code of Conduct

Question How long do your scents linger in the room?

Well its kind of weird but for the last couple of days I've been picking up the dry down of my DHI in my room, and in some places more than others. Its a pleasant experience but the thing is I haven't applied DHI lately and I keep darting towards my cupboard to make sure that my bottle isn't leaking (thank God it isn't). At times I pick up a bit of M7 as-well but that is after I have used it a day earlier.

Does it happen often to you guys or is it just my nose acting up?

Default Re: How long do your scents linger in the room?

Funny, my wife spritzed Montale Louban on yesterday at 9am before Church. We went to church, then my parents for the day. Upon returning at 9pm, I went upstairs and was struck by the wonderful dusty rose scent still lingering in the air...

In my case doesn't happen at all thankfully.

Happens once in a while, depending on what frag is used. Aventus is a popular one that lingers long after sprayed.

Not much per se, but certain scents can linger a lot on the clothes, so if I keep my shirt in my room, I can feel certain scents for days.

cacio

Slumberhouse is another - in particular Sova, Jeke and Norne. They can linger in my room for as long as a day (and we're talking about light, sparing sprays). The whiff I get is of the deep drydown, which I love anyway so I'm not complaining!

Apart from that...

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Not much per se, but certain scents can linger a lot on the clothes
    +1

To my nose, none of the frags in my scent wardrobe linger on in my room more than half an hour-an hour at the very most after application (but then again, it may be just my olfactory fatigue, especially if I actually stay in that room).

My scents linger in my room and in my clothes for weeks, at least, even after washing in many cases (at least to my nose) which is part of the reason why I don't think I'd ever want a "fragrance wardrobe". Right now, everything smells mostly of Slumberhouse, which is fine; I've been wearing mostly Sova with interludes of my samples of the others, but they all have a family resemblance, and as rowan- says, they all have a beautiful endgame.

When I was sampling a real lot of stuff, last year, the lingering melange used to drive me crazy. I noticed it most in the bedroom and in my front hall (probably off my coats).

Some scents linger more than others. I often buy clothes on consignment, and I have several pieces which still smell really strongly of the previous owner's perfume even after multiple cleanings/washings. I don't recognize any of them, though.
    Last edited by CompassRose; 12th March 2013 at 12:10 AM.

Depends on the frag, any Montale will be there till driven away with more fresh air / opening my door. Normally 5-10 hrs as a rough estimate

I think that's why its a bit tricky/difficult to catch the full bloom of a scent's top or mid notes inside a perfume shop or even after a few minutes later when you have walked out of there, just saying.

Banned

If I let one go right now, It ll linger in the room for about 30 mins or so. At least thats what my wife says

Pure Leather, L'homme, Pure Black, New York Amber, and Pure Havane have all performed well in my sillage testing.

Pure leather lasted 73 seconds in one spot, which is by far the longest I've encountered. If spraying into the air, or on objects in the room, you could most certainly get days worth of longevity
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

I'll smell the trail of my father's perfume for a food 15 minutes after he's left.

for swap/sale:

I can detect Old Spice from a splash bottle in the air the morning after.