Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a sweet/deep frag with awesome longevity and silage (ex JOOP)

Like the title says im looking for a frag with awesome longevity and silage. JOOP is the closest I've found to what im looking for on my search for a frag which has awesome power but also has a sexy/ pleasing smell.My only gripe is i would like something that smells just a notch more manly. The following is a list of scents I also wear, and my experience with what people have said.

Kouros: great power/longevity but people have said it smells old/ the spice notes choke people including me
    Lapidus: great power/longevity but people think it smells old/weird

Frags that smell great/ive had an excellent response but seem to have been reformulated into having barely any longevity are: cool waters, 2012 le male, 2012 eternity,tommy, curve, aqua di gio

Default Re: Looking for a sweet/deep frag with awesome longevity and silage (ex JOOP)

designer:

YSL M7
    Thierry Mugler A*Men (and flankers Pure Malt, Taste of Fragrance)
    YSL Opium PH
    Chanel Egoiste
    Dior Homme Intense
    Guerlain L Instant Extreme

niche:

Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Default Re: Looking for a sweet/deep frag with awesome longevity and silage (ex JOOP)

Cashmer Wood by Montale

treeman5823

I suggest you go to Luckyscent.com and order the following samples:

Histories de Parfums 1740: immortelle, leather, amber. Very warm, deep, and comfortable.
    Serge Lutens Chergui: Hay, iris, tobacco, amber. Ditto.
    Caron Yatagan: Celery woody. Dissonant and "manly."

Here's some more stuff that fits the warm, manly vibe you're looking for:
    Guerlain Habit Rouge: Classical lime top chord followed by an orange flower and oppoponax duet. Come to think of it, this isn't really manly. Try it anyway.
    Knize Ten: Warm ambery leather with a wonderful top chord of cherry, hair spray, and terror.

And many, many more. Go sniff, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by treeman5823 View Post
    I suggest you go to Luckyscent.com and order the following samples:

Histories de Parfums 1740: immortelle, leather, amber. Very warm, deep, and comfortable.
    Serge Lutens Chergui: Hay, iris, tobacco, amber. Ditto.
    Caron Yatagan: Celery woody. Dissonant and "manly."

Here's some more stuff that fits the warm, manly vibe you're looking for:
    Guerlain Habit Rouge: Classical lime top chord followed by an orange flower and oppoponax duet. Come to think of it, this isn't really manly. Try it anyway.
    Knize Ten: Warm ambery leather with a wonderful top chord of cherry, hair spray, and terror.

And many, many more. Go sniff, friend.
    +1 on 1740 from HdP - just what you're looking for.
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Aventus on my skin gets deep almost musky with that sweet burnt pineapple, but its different on clothes.

I would also go with A men.

Well, Joop! Homme Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    I would also go with A men.
    id sample this before blind buying like I did. Only bottle I've ever bought that I have decided not to keep, no matter how good it looks on the shelf. Super cloying to me. If you like it I have one for sale missing maybe 3 sprays haha

Banned
    Blog Entries

everything dreamer81 listed

+1 on Chergui, and M7.

Also,
    Paco Black XS
    Thierrry Mugler Pure Malt
    by Kilian Back to Black
    Bond No. 9 Manhattan

A Men definitely. I used to wear Joop! Homme when I was in highschool as well as A Men. I think Joop! is a bit much now, but I just bought a bottle of A Men because it is just amazing to me. Also look into Giorgio Red... very inexpensive, has that same warm oriental feel to it.
    -Ben-

I know it gets hated on here for it's popularity, but I'd say 1 Million.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Trick View Post
    +1 on 1740 from HdP - just what you're looking for.
    Mick_Trick, just want to say really quickly, I think your wardrobe is amazing. It's honestly exactly what I'm aiming for!

To the OP- The first thing that jumped in my head was Emir, by Micallef. It's such a good fragrance- deep, complex, weird, amazing, just wow. There's aoud, there's gourmand accords, a whole bunch of stuff. I'll second any A*Men flanker as well.

Tobacco Vanille
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Quote Originally Posted by mvhooper2 View Post
    .My only gripe is i would like something that smells just a notch more manly.

giggles

Creed Original Santal is similar to joop and not as sweet smelling to me. Strong scent as well. Try it

Sweet and deep: Tobacco Vanille

Sables by Annick Goutal may also suit you. Although I would say it has more "depth" than sweet and deep. Certainly top of the list for longevity.

Cheers,

La Nuit by YSL
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Burberry London

The sweetest fragrances I know of are Guerlain Tonka Imperiale and Gaultier 2 ("squared"). I like 'em both, a lot. They're too sweet for a lot of people but I could wear them every day. Third place would go to Cartier Must Pour Homme or L'Essence de Must Pour Homme, the latter of which is very hard to find. Givenchy Pi is worthy of consideration as well, but I think that it to some extent lacks the depth and richness of the others. John Varvatos by John Varvatos would be another one to try.