Code of Conduct

Default Underrated, old, discontinued treasures: LUCIANO PAVAROTTI for Men, edt (1994/1995)

( Not to be confused with "Luciano", by Pavarotti, year 1999 )

LUCIANO PAVAROTTI for Men

Perfumer: David Apel
    Bottle Designer: Pierre Dinand
    Year 1994/1995
    Discontinued
    Critical review: TWO THUMBS UP

A very complex scent, from an age without IFRA restrictions and/or similar things :

TOP bergamot, neroli, petit grain, ivy, lemon and verbena.
    HEART rose, geranium, iris, clove, patchouli and cedar
    BASE oakmoss, opoponax, vanilla, tonka bean, amber, honey, leather, benzoin and liatrix.

Interesting fact: produced in Republic of San Marino.

Made in RSM

Aftershave and EDT

Batch code on the box too

Default Re: Underrated, old, discontinued treasures: LUCIANO PAVAROTTI for Men, edt (1994/1995)

Personally didn't care for this or the later one when it was launched. Glad you liked it.

Default Re: Underrated, old, discontinued treasures: LUCIANO PAVAROTTI for Men, edt (1994/1995)

I love it !!
    Personally, I rate it very highly. It's funny how images/fantasies of perfumes stick with you. The first time I smelled this I got an image of West Sussex countryside in spring. Deciduous woodland, shady glades springled with bluebells. An image of early morning dewy grass and earthy, mushroomy, woody smells.
    This is how the fragrance smells to me. Natural, delicate woods, with just a hint of violet hovering in the background. I know violet is not listed in the notes, but that's what I am getting. This fragrance conjures up very fond memories and images for me.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

It is a nice, under the radar offering. Reminds me a bit of Giorgio Beverly Hills and Givenchy Gentlemen in the drydown.

SMELLS ALOT LIKE GEntleman, but has a bit more of a peppery smell. i recently got a big 4.23 oz sealed in box from ebay. $40! definatly a great deal, as i love this scent. under the radar indeed!
    Last edited by darren1; 11th March 2013 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks for reminding us of yet another underrated classic.

I have first tested this during the late 90s and have very fond memories about its suave, understated, but also elegantly mature and almost brooding style, not to mention that it's almost a steal for its usual retail price.