Code of Conduct

Default Reflection Man...worth it?

The last thread I saw on the fragrance was done a few years ago, and then there was the APOM debate, and then a hate thread (which was very popular). But, what do you all think of this release, all factors considered? The price is pretty high (can find 100mL for $200 on MiN), but the projection and longevity are good. I like the scent a lot, as I am a fan of jasmine, and combining it with neroli was a great idea. It's nice seeing neroli used in a non-citrus based fragrance.

I'm thinking about buying a bottle in the next day or two. Wise move? The other Amouage I own is Memoir Man (as some of you may remember when I made a thread about it). People compare it to Le Male, which I don't get really.

EDIT: Probably worth mentioning I wear this to school a fair amount (about once a week from a sample I have), and it seems to fit the environment well since it is soft and inoffensive.

Default Re: Reflection Man...worth it?

To answer the thread question, IMO - No.

Honestly, the only way to decide if a scent is worth it is to wear it and ask "Would I pay that much to own it?" I really struggled with Interlude Man. I like it a lot, but I decided I didn't enjoy it enough to pay that much for it. Only you can decide how much you're willing to pay.

Buy a sample at Parfums Raffy. The more you wear it, the easier it'll be to decide how much it's worth to you. I really enjoy Amouage, but I haven't found one yet that I'm willing to pay THAT MUCH to own. If they were priced like Tauer, I'd probably own Interlude Man and Epic Man.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

IMO, no. I'd rather have Invasion Barbare.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

yes i think it's real good.

If you like it a lot, which you seem to, I would say it's worth it. It's not an outrageous price. Though I personally wouldn't buy a bottle, it's good but not a must-own for me.

I bought it and have never regretted it. It's a great fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    IMO, no. I'd rather have Invasion Barbare.
    I already own a large decant (24mL) of that :P! Awesome fragrance. Don't really see the similarity though.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    I already own a large decant (24mL) of that :P! Awesome fragrance. Don't really see the similarity though.
    I didn't mean to infer a similarity. As far as a vanilla goes, I meant. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I didn't mean to infer a similarity. As far as a vanilla goes, I meant. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Good point. I think I like the vanilla in Chypre Palatin even more than IB though. Seems to compliment the fragrance better.

Anyway, to those wondering, I have a 5mL sample already.

Jump on it. I was completely weirded-out by Reflection Man at first, but it's grown on me tremendously. Quirky, modern, bright, wildly chemical-laden - it should be a sin to wear it. I don't know any other fragrances like it. Comes with the usual beautiful Amouage packaging and presentation. Honestly, I keep waiting for my better judgment to come around, but I keep loving it. If you've already tried it and like it, dive right in. Gets better with repeated wearings. You'll be glad it's in your collection.

I say get RM, and have always loved this one especially during the spring and fall. Its floral but a far cry from Le Male. If you want versatile and beautifully done get Invasion Barbare, as mentioned above. Both are staples for me. A big decision on purchasing an expensive one it how easy would it be for me to sell it if I change my mind. Or you could just obtain decants of both.

If you love it, it's worth it. If you're concerned about the impression it will make on others, I can only say that my experience with it has been good. Personally, I think it's beautiful. The only caveat I can think of is that it's only in my Winter rotation, as I find it a bit much when it's hot and humid out.

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    I like the scent a lot, as I am a fan of jasmine, and combining it with neroli was a great idea. It's nice seeing neroli used in a non-citrus based fragrance.
    Amouage is a great house where not everything is for everyone but, if you like it (which it seems like you do) then you should pull the trigger and go for it. If you have any doubts about buying it then hold off the fragrance probably is probably gonna be there for quite a while so take your time and decide

When you ask this question, I think you already have the answer. My answer is Yes. Cause Reflection is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateguy View Post
    When you ask this question, I think you already have the answer. My answer is Yes. Cause Reflection is wonderful.
    It's not so much that I already have an answer. I just always like to check and make sure someone doesn't say "Oh, if you like X, try Y which is better and cheaper." Of course, if that was the case I would hold off and try that.

I have a sample of this. Let me put some on and revisit it.

Go for jubilation xxv instead
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

RM Is an Ok to Good frag, but for the price you can a better one out there
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

I used to think so, but I don't feel as strongly about it now. I'll sell it soon. I may keep about 5-10 ml for myself, but it's not something I see myself needing in the future.

IMO not worth posting a question such as this on this forum - feedback / opinions on a parfum, yes, but with rgds to choice, it varies, so best to test it multiple times b4 deciding...

4 of 10 here will say yes, buy it; another 4 will say no don't buy; the remaining 2 will say u should choose based on your level of liking.

I own this & love it...

100 ml for $200 at Min? Huh? That seems very cheap.

Meh, I'm not a big fan of Reflection. Minty is not my thing, and I found it rather a jumbled mess of notes. But if you like it, definitely. Especially if you can get it for that price.

For me, I am not a big fan of lavender top but it is refined. I usually like the SA for samples of I am to buy Amouage. I would say depends on your wardrobe and what you are really looking for.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I hesitated on buying (or even smelling) RM for a long while, mainly based on opinions and reviews here. In the meantime i have acquired several other Amouages. I got the opportunity to sample it recently and must say that that Amouages are great for a reason, and the quality, smell and longevity of RM make it worth purchasing for every reason except, for some, price. I love RM and i am glad i have it now.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

I also love RM and find it a refreshing oddball in the Amouage line. Worth it IMO.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

why dont you by a decant or a travel set? bit cheaper..........
    “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinent View Post
    100 ml for $200 at Min? Huh? That seems very cheap.

Meh, I'm not a big fan of Reflection. Minty is not my thing, and I found it rather a jumbled mess of notes. But if you like it, definitely. Especially if you can get it for that price.
    There's nothing minty about Reflection. And nothing about it smells jumbled or a mess.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I've posted a few times in this thread already, but let me just say this: I've been a BN member since 2008. I've tried MANY fragrances from many different houses. From designer, to niche...Creeds, Serge Lutens, Clive Christian, L'Aritsan, Caron, Gucci, Tauer, Christian Dior, etc.,
    And...
    ...my absolute favorite fragrance is Amouage Reflection. I hope that counts for something.

- - - Updated - - -

I know I've posted a few times in this thread already, but let me just say this: I've been a BN member since 2008. I've tried MANY fragrances from many different houses. From designer, to niche...Creeds, Serge Lutens, Clive Christian, L'Aritsan, Caron, Gucci, Tauer, Christian Dior, etc.,
    And...
    ...my absolute favorite fragrance is Amouage Reflection. I hope that counts for something.

Sound Scents

Only you can decide if it is worth it for *you* but in my case while I liked it, I did not find it purchase-worthy.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Sound Scents

Last edited by drseid; 12th March 2013 at 07:07 AM. Reason: dreaded double post
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Would you pay $200 for a Creed fragrance. Reflection has that kind of mass appeal. I like the smell of it but for the money you could do a lot better in the same line.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

Love RM, will always have this in my collection.

< - - worth it to this cat.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Would you pay $200 for a Creed fragrance. Reflection has that kind of mass appeal. I like the smell of it but for the money you could do a lot better in the same line.
    Yep said perfectly.

Worth a decant, not FB worthy imo and a lot better amorage or other fragrances to spend the money on.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

The top notes are fine, but it smells decidedly cheap and generic in the drydown. Not the impression you want after laying down £150.