Code of Conduct

Thread: Belcam Cologne?

Default Belcam Cologne?

I was at walmart the other day and I was looking at the cologne section, and they had a Polo Big Pony Blue imitation made by Belcam. I really like the Polo stuff so I wanted to try it out and I was really impressed. Smelled great and lasted forever.

My question is, with all the imitation and knockoff scares about people weird/dangerous things in imitations is Belcam a reputable brand? Or do I need to shell out 6 times as much to get the real thing?

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Bzios

Default Re: Belcam Cologne?

You're better off IMO getting the real thing.

Never smelled Belcam, but like hednic said I would get the real thing also.
    Last edited by sjg3839; 11th March 2013 at 06:01 PM.

I bought the Belcam Bleu de Chanel knockoff on a whim and it was fairly close.

Pulling this thread back up because I bought 5 belcam/classic match fragrances after some basenotes reading.

These are the 3 I don't regret:
    •Polo green imitation. Reminds me of the first time I smelled Polo in the early 90's when I was 11 or 12. Much better than the current formulation of the real thing.
    •Polo Red imitation. Again, not 100% identical, but very nice and longevity is great for $7.88. Probably 80-85% identical to the real deal.
    •Vault/Armani Code imitation. Very enjoyable, very similar up to 85-90%. Won't knock it for $7.88

On the fence:
    •G'eau/Aqua di Gio imitation. A generic crowd pleaser just like AdG. Personally, I'm just not a fan of this smell. Just tried it because of the low price. Don't hate it, don't love it. Good cheapie for the summer. Impressive longevity.

Hate:
    •G'eau Black/Aqua di Gio Proffumo imitation. This is the worst of the imitations and terrible imitation, period. Has a sickening note lingering underneath a pleasant opening. I regret spending the $7.88.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Quote Originally Posted by mcurtiss View Post
    I bought the Belcam Bleu de Chanel knockoff on a whim and it was fairly close.
    Yep, same here...pretty close, albeit with a much harsher opening. I think it was good for the price IMO.
    Eph 2:8: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-
    Currently wearing: Chrome Legend by Azzaro

Quote Originally Posted by UKisGR8 View Post
    Pulling this thread back up because I bought 5 belcam/classic match fragrances after some basenotes reading.

These are the 3 I don't regret:
    •Polo green imitation. Reminds me of the first time I smelled Polo in the early 90's when I was 11 or 12. Much better than the current formulation of the real thing.
    •Polo Red imitation. Again, not 100% identical, but very nice and longevity is great for $7.88. Probably 80-85% identical to the real deal.
    •Vault/Armani Code imitation. Very enjoyable, very similar up to 85-90%. Won't knock it for $7.88

On the fence:
    •G'eau/Aqua di Gio imitation. A generic crowd pleaser just like AdG. Personally, I'm just not a fan of this smell. Just tried it because of the low price. Don't hate it, don't love it. Good cheapie for the summer. Impressive longevity.

Hate:
    •G'eau Black/Aqua di Gio Proffumo imitation. This is the worst of the imitations and terrible imitation, period. Has a sickening note lingering underneath a pleasant opening. I regret spending the $7.88.
    I also own the Polo Green knockoff and actually find it disappointing in some respects. There's a very "off" smell to the mossy undertones in the heart after the admittedly very pleasant opening burns off (I still think real Polo in its current formulation has a deeper and more complex opening). It's this weird sour rubbery thing that lives down there - maybe it's oakmoss and I'm just not accustomed to smelling this much of it - but whatever it is, the Belcam has it in a disproportionate amount. Even when I use it as a room spray I can smell it. If I wait around about 7 hours that accord does go away and it goes on for another couple hours smelling much like the sprayer did... you have to give props to Belcam for longevity.

I also found their Polo Red to have a weird cat pee smell up close, for probably the first 1 and a half hours of wear. It was pretty good at a distance but once again there was something off about it. The AdG Profumo was not even close to the same league as the real thing.

Their Polo Supreme Oud imitation is pretty nuts for $8 at Walmart. A really nice scent but I haven't smelled the original.

Back when CK One first came out I used to wear the Belcam knockoff of it and actually preferred it to the real thing. A few years ago, out of nostalgia, I bought a bottle but it was nothing like I remembered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxflier View Post
    Back when CK One first came out I used to wear the Belcam knockoff of it and actually preferred it to the real thing. A few years ago, out of nostalgia, I bought a bottle but it was nothing like I remembered it.
    Funny you mention that, I bought a real bottle of CK One out of nostalgia and it too was nothing like I remembered.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.