Code of Conduct

Default Hanae Mori him turns into LDDM?

I came back from the store with one spray of Hanae Mori's Him, and it's ok like warm, woodsy, a bit of cinamon etc.. But I thought it is too synthetic to my nose.
    Now after almost two hours I'm getting a sweet cedar wood that reminds me of Tauers L'Air du Desert Marocaín. So I'm just a little bored and was wondering if anybody ges that too.
    Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Default Re: Hanae Mori him turns into LDDM?

not for me,
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

IMO, no.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by HDDP View Post
    not for me,
    Nor for me.

Mmm... Never mind then.

Nope.

I do enjoy Hanae Mori HiM though. I've worn both the EdT and the EdP (and I own and adore L'Air du Desert Marocain)
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Yeah Him it's really not bad (considering lately designer releases) I just thought I found a cheaper version of Tauer's master piece so I don't finish my bottle so fast

I'm wearing L'Air du Desert Marocain today. I'm about 14 hours in it right now. I'm guessing that you find a bit of a similarity between the later stages of LDDM, where the louder spices have faded away and it becomes mostly sweet, and the early stage of Hanae Mori HiM (yes, it's actually called HiM, which looks dumb, but I get it. Hanae Mori is highlighting their initials. Whatevs).

I think I see a bit of the similarity you're getting, but these are two such completely different scents. LDDM easily wears an entire day on me, meaning from a morning shower until I go to bed. Few fragrances really do that and even fewer do it well. In that sense, nothing is a substitute for LDDM.

I get good longevity from HiM. Nothing outrageous like LDDM, but quite good. HiM is more of a sweet spicy. It's less daring and more of a happy-go-lucky people pleaser. Quite frankly, it's good stuff. As I said, it's no substitute for LDDM if you're looking for a smell-alike.

That being said... substitute is such an interesting word. I wear LDDM on dates. Not first dates, but definitely 3rd dates, etc. In that sense, HiM could be a substitute for LDDM. It doesn't smell the same, but it could be worn for situations where you might have worn LDDM. And since it's safer than LDDM, it might even work it on a first date if the weather is cool.

Personally, I don't worry about conserving LDDM. It's strong stuff, so I never wear more than 3 sprays of it. 3 sprays, 2 times a week... that bottle will last a long time.

^^^
    Yeah that's exactly what I meant.
    Two hours into HM, reminds me of those last stages (like in ten hours or so) of LDDM. i'd never dare to say they smell similar. That would be sacrilege!
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D' Great View Post
    Two hours into HM, reminds me of those last stages (like in ten hours or so) of LDDM. i'd never dare to say they smell similar. That would be sacrilege!
    Keep in mind that HM and HiM are two completely different fragrances. You're talking about HiM here, but if you want a compliment machine of a scent for a date, check out HM. To make matters even more confusing, there's an EdT and an EdP of both scents. I prefer the EdTs.

Sure.
    I tried both concentrations of HM but didn't wow me. I got the EDT for a friend and his girlfriend loves it. The poor guy used to wore Axe. That was about two years ago. So thats why on this ocacion I was trying Him.