Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Tuesday 12th March 2013

Good morning. Cold and sunny again after some heavy snow. I'm pleased that it has melted because I'm driving down to see the family for a couple of days.

Linfidele 1003 today.

Have a great day all.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD Tuesday 12th March 2013

L'Eau d'Hiver.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Dior New Look 1947 for me today.

Best to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good Morning,

Uncle Serge's Cuir Mauresque today.

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday.

I'm sampling ETRO Greene Street.

Bonjour!

Basenotes Plus

Drive carefully, Foustie - have a good trip.

SotD is Creed SMW.

Happy Birthday ExtremeK
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 12th March 2013 at 11:13 AM.

Happy Birthday to ExtremeK and many happy returns of the day. I have been thinking about you as of late, what you are wearing and your fragrant aspirations. I was also thinking that we are just 3 hours away from NE and you guys are luckier to have some shopping/sniffing opportunities. *wink wink* And again, better days of early May -- when it is neither too hot nor too cold -- are coming, you know?

Ellen Tracy for me today. Peachy!

30R
    ., yes, Mr.T used our snow-blower and dug a passage from the street -- oh yeah, over the hump, it is always a hump here -- for a small car that we park by the porch. The John Deere man cleaned most of the driveway, which is about 150 feet long. I shoveled the porch for 40 minutes this morning. We are fixing to have a swimming pool here come Friday with 54F in the forecast.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday ExtremeK and Scent-imental!

SotD is Trebol.

I'm pretending it's warmer than it is in Hermes Un Jardin sur de Nil.

Happy birthday ExtremeK!!

30R., what is Trebol?

Hello everyone -

I'm in YSL Parisienne this morning ...roses and berries for the wee ballerinas.

Have a very happy birthday ExtremeK, and may all your fragrant wishes come true!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hello all. L'Occitane Notre Flore Iris.
    DONNA

Not on my fragrance wardrobe, but still on my wrist- just testing this scent's unisex/male suitability:

Elizabeth Arden Green Tea

queen of the universe

Miss Balmain. Goes well with a black leather jacket.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Happy Birthday, ExtremeK and Scent-imental!
    Wishing you both a very special day!

Wearing Chanel 31 Rue Cambon this morning.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Tuesday 12th March 2013

Happy Birthday, ExtremeK and Scent-imental!

from a decant
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Good morning everyone, scent of the day is ByKilian Forbidden Games out of my samples.

Happy Birthday to our lovely ExtremeK! Hope your day is wonderful! Am I right in thinking this is your first birthday as a new, free woman? A very special day indeed!

Also wishing Scent-imental the happiest of birthdays! Have a great day! Big hugs to both of our birthday girls!

Safe travels, Foustie! Enjoy your visit! So happy to hear you're pleased with the new bath; maybe there is hope for me after all!

Jon, you're so sweet! Thank you for the reassurance yesterday! You are quite right about my awful case of perfectionism, I'm afraid! Can you believe-right now I'm hung up on choosing the right shade of white paint? Who knew that could be so difficult? Certainly there are bigger problems in this world; I can't complain. Will figure it out eventually!

Trying to figure out a SotD, too. Was thinking Bulgari au thé vert for the gym but am liking Scentsucker's Un Jardin idea, also. Think I'll dig out my Apres la Mousson instead. And have been thinking about EA Green Tea lately, like Ken Russel, need to re-visit next time I'm at Kohl's.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Givenchy ~ Play Intense

Thank you very much for the birthday wishes! My birthday present to myself was my first full bottle of Frederic Malle -- for my late-winter-nearly-spring birthday, I decided to go with Une Fleur de Cassie, that wonderfully skanky harbinger of prettier spring flowers and warmer days. I love it for its unabashed weird beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Happy Birthday to ExtremeK and many happy returns of the day. I have been thinking about you as of late, what you are wearing and your fragrant aspirations. I was also thinking that we are just 3 hours away from NE and you guys are luckier to have some shopping/sniffing opportunities. *wink wink* And again, better days of early May -- when it is neither too hot nor too cold -- are coming, you know?
    Twolf, I was so sorry to see you ended up stranded at work the other night. You poor thing. I hope you've recovered -- those guys with the John Deere's are life-savers, aren't they? They've pulled me out of more than one ditch! I am currently casting about with my fragrances, trying to find some different florals for spring and summer. So many of the ones I love are heavier floral orientals (e.g., Visa, Black Orchid Voile de Fleur) or Big White Florals (e.g., Carnal Flower, A La Nuit, Songes) .... Now I'm trying to find some greener florals (but not chypres) and lighter "pretty" orange blossoms. So far, HdP Vert Pivoine and RM Impossible Iris are the only ones I've really liked. The 2 others I've fallen for are a heavy floriental (HdP 1804) and a Big White Floral (EL Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia). I guess the nose loves what it loves, right? I would love to do a little meet-up in Omaha this spring. We're mostly limited to department store stuff, but Von Maur and Younkers often surprise me. Just let me know when! Do you ever go to Chicago? I rarely get there, but I always think I should take better advantage of the shopping there (Henri Bendel, Barneys, Neiman Marcus...)

Today, I'm giving a full wear to Ramon Monegal Entre Naranjos ... but it's not doing much for me so far, which is a shame. I had high hopes for this when I did the quick initial test.

PerfumedLady, you are absolutely correct!! I'm really very happy and so enjoying the new life. It's a huge relief. And, by the way, white *is* a very difficult color. I tend to avoid it if at all possible. Hang in there!
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 12th March 2013 at 03:04 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Wolfie, it's a little bottle I bought years ago and can't find anywhere any more so I'm ekeing it out.
    "Trébol" means clover. Does it smell of clover? Not really...more of a light green floral scent.

I'm off to take Mom to PT.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 12th March 2013 at 01:38 PM.

Oh, best birthday wishes to ExtremeK and Scentimental!
    I'm still on my leather kick of the last month or two - today in Cuir de Lancome.

Ararat by Parfumerie Naturelle

Happy birthday ExtremeK!!!!

SotD is Micallef Patchouli
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Blog Entries

Afternoon all, & Many Happy Returns to ExtremeK & Scent-imental!

Congrats ExtremeK on your first Malle FB; it is a special moment, isn't it? l think l need to try Une Fleur de Cassie, too...

l'm *almost* scent twins with (flanking?) sfmedusa today in Sheer Obsession. The sun is out now but we still have biting winds here.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Happy birthday, ExtremeK!
    We are facing a bout of wintery white gradually developping over the course of the week. So sick of it this year.
    Vega today.
    Best to all!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

ExtremeK
    Cake and perfume and hugs and kisses and laughs.
    I wish all of the best of them for you.

Happy Birthday to you, too, Scent-imental. Don't know ya, but I bet I'd like ya.
    I'd be more than tempted by a Chicago meet-up.

Wearing Hové Camelia, the tamest of the tame dames.

Amouage Al Mas for me.

Hermes Caleche Eau Delicate..liked this more last year, lol. Maybe not hot enough yet, Idk.

Happy B-day to great BNers!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

Q, that cake looks delish!

Keeping warm this evening in Absolue pour le Soir; the last of my sample.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello again!

I'm in vintage Safari for the afternoon ...rich and rosy, mossy green and perfectly glorious.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Happy Birthday, ExtremeK ! May fragrant returns to you.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    I'd be more than tempted by a Chicago meet-up.

I think you should come to London instead - I'll be your fragrant tour guide (gratis, of course )

SotE - Chanel Coromandel.

Happy, happy birthday, ExtremeK! . So happy for you and green with envy. I almost pulled the trigger on Une Fleur de Cassie myself, but good thing I didn't. Couple of days later, while under influence (brandy), I ordered the one on the chopping block - Le Labo Aldehyde 44. Good thing I was under influence too, otherwise I would have never got it and regretted it till the rest of my life.

Cello - Thank you for the kind words! I remember trashing 28, La Pausa in our meet up in ABQ. If someone told me then I am going to get a bottle, I would have laughed in their face. But that's why I love Chanel - they are full of surprises. Many thanks to the sample provided by darkdreams that picked my interest and to PerfumedLady for kindly providing me with very juicy decant to play with, which was instrumental in providing me with the job offer in my field of study this Friday. Coromandel was for Mr. WF and I will go out of my way to help him finish the bottle .

Evangeline, you smell great! I miss Safari...

Jon, you smell absolutely delicious

Last drops of Sacrebleu this afternoon

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=JON RODGERS;2873614]I think you should come to London instead - I'll be your fragrant tour guide (gratis, of course )
    [QUOTE]
    That would be a dream, fine Jon, truly. Mr. Q and I both feel the draw of England. I'm sure my ancestors would like me to pilgrimage, too. An Eastman ancestor was buried in Romsey, Southampton in 1602. (Sure hope he was dead.)

MUST WIN THE LOTTERY WHICH I'VE NEVER PLAYED

Blog Entries

Q, Romsey is just a few miles from where l live. lf you ever make it here, do please let me know!

I must win the lottery,too!

I hope you are all well, I' ve been away from Basenotes for a while,
    persuing other more serious but anapproachable goals...

I wish Happy Birthday to ExtremeK & Scent-imental!

I am wearing Lyric Woman today, from a sample!

Have a lovely evening, all!

Banned

Happy birthday ExtremeK:-)

Nice present you got:-)

Hello Whitefluffy ,28 La pausa i had the same experience....that one is so very mild its peppery but its not powdery...something cheaper and similar, instead of vetyver there is cedarwood, Infusion d Iris by Prada:-)

MoragnFay:-) , how does it smell? Al mas....

Samsara edp, later Tuberose 1, its nice iris scent:-) ...almost make up kind of smell, its really lovely, rich
    Last edited by iivanita; 12th March 2013 at 09:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Welcome back, dora!

Thank you, teardrop!

I missed you all!

Basenotes Plus

Nice to see you, *dora*

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Dior Addict today.

Sending happy birthday wishes to ExtremeK and Scent-imental

ExtremeK, I meant to tell you that I did go to Von Maur Friday night ... They had a few bottles of the Leather Angel but no testers. I don't think the SA helping me was familiar with the fragrance department at all. She told me several times they were re-organizing and that things were not where they were supposed to be. She couldn't find anything. I walked down the mall to Dillards and they had it there, so I did get to sniff it. I have to say I was a bit disappointed ... not enough leather for this leather-loving girl.

Hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

​Jicky by Guerlain EDP
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Blog Entries

I am wearing my sample of Serge Luten Tubereuse Criminelle.

As I was done applying, I went to put the lid back on the sample vial, and accidentally spilt it everywhere! I used other parts of my skin to soak it up. Now I have too much on, hahahah.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VintagePoison View Post
    I am wearing my sample of Serge Luten Tubereuse Criminelle.

As I was done applying, I went to put the lid back on the sample vial, and accidentally spilt it everywhere! I used other parts of my skin to soak it up. Now I have too much on, hahahah.
    Oh boy! I once tipped an entire sample vial on myself. Too much of a good thing.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dirty English tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Nah, Chi-town is 9 hours away. London is closer, really: only 6 1/2 hours from NYC, but there is no direct flight from Omaha. Well, ORD is probably the same as LHR time-wise but on a different transport. I don't know. However, if other NE or surrounding people are interested we need to work on the schedule: I remember Kumquat, NebraskaLovesScent (although she is mostly seen on the "other" site these day), who else? And then again, I will be in Europe this year, I hope and everything is close within Europe.

Rossy de Palma a this PM. Roses to invite spring again.

*Dora* -- very very nice to see you back.