Code of Conduct

Default Pure Malt vs Pure Havane vs A Taste of Frag vs A*Men my two cents....

I tested all four of these last weekend and......

Pure Malt: Not sure about this one, to me it smells like the wet end of a cork from a fine whisky.
    Taste of Fragrance: Wow this is very chocolate coffee mix and not in a good way.
    A*Men: Honey with all the above
    Pure Havane: WINNER!!!!! I loved it so much I bought it.

Pure coffee: waiting for the sample to come in but seems to be hard to find at a reasonable price??
    Last edited by Whitealltrac; 12th March 2013 at 02:39 PM.

Default Re: Pure Malt vs Pure Havane vs A Taste of Frag vs A*Men my two cents....

Own all five and enjoy them all.

Default Re: Pure Malt vs Pure Havane vs A Taste of Frag vs A*Men my two cents....

Haven't tried Taste of Fragrance and Pure Coffee yet. Pure Havane, Pure Malt and A Men are pretty good. B Men average IMO.
    Last edited by sjg3839; 12th March 2013 at 02:40 PM.

It's virtually impossible to find pure coffee at a price you'd probably consider reasonable. I see it on Ebay at insane markups. Occasionally it's offered for sale in a sales thread here, but the prices are still way over its former retail.

Personally, I don't like it much. Others do.

And I think Pure Havane is, by far, the best of this line.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

That is crazy money they want on Ebay ohh my!!!

Basenotes Junkie

i just bought a bottle of Taste of Fragrance. Very unique smell. I really enjoy it, but the key is to not overdo it or else the chili note will become overpowering. With 2 sprays, i don't even really notice it as even being a "chili pepper" note, just something beautifully rich, sweet, and different.

Update: Taste of Fragrance? More like Taste of Fantastic! Been wearing this for a couple days now and I love it. I think this might quickly become a favorite in my collection that I reach for often.
    Last edited by timmy-j; 13th March 2013 at 04:47 PM.

I think Pure Havane and Pure Malt is a tie. Pure Malt smells better. Pure Havane is easier to wear for me. Still need to try Pure Coffee.

My ranking right now is opposite.

Taste of Fragrance > Pure Malt > A*Men > Pure Havane

All are nice scents but I dont need scents that I wear once in month so I would be happy with just TOF that is most versatile.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I have Pure Malt and Pure Havane and really enjoy both. I definitely think Havane is more versatile in terms of when you can wear it, as I see Pure Malt a fall/winter fragrance while Havane can be worn year round.

I fully agree with Pure Havane

I definitely agree that Havane is the best of them. I was severely disappointed with Pure Malt after swapping a whole lot to get my hands on it.

They are all worth owning. Fantastic House

I'd actually rate pure coffee at the bottom even though its a great scent, it just didn't live upto my expectations or the hype. It's kinda like a weaker A*men without the "tar" note.
    As for the other 4 i've slowly ended up owning all 4 and wear them regularly, i think pure malt is starting to get less wear as it just doesnt smell as rich as Havane or Taste of.
    Taste of fragrance still at the top though and quickly becoming my signature scent, people at work love it

i only like pure malt ..

I like the opening of Pure Havane. After that it's all down hill for me and it veers way on the feminine side. It's the way the vanilla mixes with the other notes. Pure Malt is great in the winter but I live in Florida. Pure Coffee is too hard to find and isn't that great. Pure shot is just plain awful. Pure leather isn't bad and I actually like it more than the original. Taste of Fragrance is the one I own and I do enjoy it because of its uniqueness, but it can be a polarizing fragrance.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Never tried Taste of Fragrance, but I'd say Pure Havane lags behind Pure Malt and the original A Men.

A great line IMO. My favorite is Pure Malt!

I own B*Men and Pure Havane. I'm not sure I like any of the others enough to want to buy them (having said that I have not tried Pure Coffee, but I have tried everything else, including Ice Men/Summer Flash and Sunessence)

The original A*Men and Ice Men are my two personal favorites. The others are ok, but don't bowl me over.

Haven't tried Pure Malt, just got a bottle of Pure Coffee in a swap and to be totally honest, out of the four I have smelled it is second to last. I rate it like this:
    Pure Havane>A*men>Pure Coffee>>>>>>>>>>>Pure Shot
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Kobe
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Xerjoff Casamorati 1888
    Frederic Malle Carnal Flower
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal
    Bruckner Aoud 1
    Naomi Goodsir Or du Soreil
    Chanel bois des Iles

I think you made a great choice with the Pure Havane.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Received Pure Coffee yesterday and I will have to say it belongs to the bottom along with A*men.

Havane>Malt>Taste Of>A*men>Coffee

Blog Entries

Here's my personal ranking:

Original A*Men > Pure Havane >>> Pure Malt > Pure Leather > Pure Shot

I know Pure Shot gets a lot of hate around here, but it isn't that bad. Never tried Pure Coffee and Taste of Fragrance yet. Not sure if B*Men and Ice Men are considered flankers of the original, but I don't care much about them after testing them. They just didn't "wow" me the way A*Men or PH did.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    The original A*Men and Ice Men are my two personal favorites. The others are ok, but don't bowl me over.
    What he said ^

Here is my ranking of the Mugler offerings:

1. Mugler Cologne
    2. Pure Havane
    3. Pure Malt
    4. Pure Leather
    5. A*Men
    6. Pure Shot
    7. Ice*Men
    8. Taste of Fragrance

Pure Havane is by far the best of the A*Men line....they have released it in Macy's for those who want a bottle and don't wanna order online.

I also like Mugler cologne, nice and clean soapy scent.

I am so glad Havane is back in the stores and I am hearing rumors that Malt is also returning to the shelves of Macy's soon as well.

I have the original and leather now, I will be getting Havane, ToF and Malt very soon. I have worn all of them other than Coffee and Malt and although I like the opening of Havane a lot the longevity is a problem for me. As of late my favorite has been Pure Leather, I know many people here think it is very similar to the original A*Men, but I humbly disagree. They are definitely from the same base, but Leather is smoother, more versatile and has a much different dry down. I will have to wait till I get the rest to give a true top to bottom line up.
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

I own ToF, Sunessence, B*Men, Pure Shot and Pure Leather (2 big samples), have tried A*Men, Pure Malt and Pure Havanne and have owned Ice*Men.
    My personal ranking looks like this:
    ToF>>B*Men>>Pure Malt>Sunessence>>Ice*Men>>>>>>>>>Pure Havanne>A*Men>Pure Leather>>>>>>>Pure Shot

As a side note, I found Michael Kors for Men much more appealing than Pure Havanne.
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day". I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Spring: | Chanel Allure Blanche | Guerlain Homme Intense |
    Dior Fahrenheit | Givenchy pour Homme | Carolina Herrera for Men | Narciso Rodriguez Him | T. Mugler A*Men Sunessence | Trussardi Inside | C. Herrera Chic | Azzaro PH | M. Kors Michael for Men | Pal Zileri Sartoriale |

Pure Havane is my clear favourite from the line. Absolutely love it.

Try Parfum de Cuir as well from this line...

IMO, these are FB worthy - Amen / Pure Malt / Pure Havane / Parfum de Cuir

treeman5823

I tried Pure Malt briefly, and it smelled good. I have a bottle of Pure Havane which I bought impulsively and a long time ago. It's okay. Amen is the best of the masculine pack, but none are so good as Angel.

I've never tested the Pure Coffee, but I have all the others in my collection.
    For me the winner is undoubtedly the Pure Leather, a true masterpiece!

Pure Havane for me. It's definitely more wearable