O.k here's the thing: I have a day off and should be
    concentrating on catching up with the household chores,
    but I haven't got dressed yet and can't seem to drag myself away from
    my laptop!!

It's cold but sunny outside, so after posting this I shall try to go for
    a walk and then come back refreshed and ready for the housework (which
    I loathe, by the way.)

My SOTD is Youth Dew Amber Nude.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Default Re: SOTD Wednesday 13th March 2013

Good morning, kewart and all,
    Catching some motivation, eh?!
    The big snow tonight and tomorrow could miss us they say... THAT would be a real pity! *grin*
    Rose de Nuit today.
    Have a good day!

Morning Kewart, Larimar, All,

Plenty of No.5 today (soap + 80s Edp). Incidentally, are the Brad Pitt ads for this still running ? I don't have a telly so I'm rather out of the loop, but I don't recall seeing the posters about recently.

Happy Hump-Day, everyone.

Well, G., I felt they are rather more widespread here now than initially. They opened a new Chanel Exclusives Espaces in Vienna (apart from the boutique) and they have a huge Brad Pitt add hanging there. They also have these cool ceramic sticks to smell of the respective perfume. Are you working on the hair length yet? RRRR, G! ^^

^ Ah, thanks L. I was worried for a minute that Mr.Pitt might have been dropped by Chanel and was now impoverished, living in a tiny, cold flat somewhere. Phew !

Many Birthdays today -- tigrushka, VJ (maisonstinky who single-handedly put the house of Montale on BN radar), teflondog, others. Many fragrant returns to you, guys. Albert Einstein too?

Yeah, we read about snow-chocked European capitals and the inability of most cities to cope with it. Here we had a bad accident several miles away so the utility trucks were humming most of the evening.

Still rosey in mood. Serious grown-up roses for me today -- Sinan by Jean Marc Sinan.

Great day to everyone, no matter what life sends your way. I will be off from work, will do grocery shopping and then cook BBQ chicken, couscous gratin, and some salad with home-brewed vinaigrette. Dessert will be store-bought, I think along the lines of chocolate ice-cream.

Happy birthday tigrushka, teflondog and maisondog!

Let's see, I think I'll go with a bit of.....

Chanel Coco

Blog Entries

Morning all, yay hump day!

Kewart, l have days like that too, but hey, life's too short not to indulge yourself sometimes. The housework can wait.

Many Happy Returns to tigrushka, maisonstinky, teflondog & anyone else celebrating today.

Just drained my sample of Daphne by CdG before heading off to work on this cold but sunny day.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I keep my Ambre Fétiche mini bottle in the same box where I have L'Art et la Matière samples. The samples have leaked a bit and when I opened the box, I almost wanted to pick something a whole lot sweeter than AF. Ended up choosing it anyway, I have to sparing with the samples...

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all. In sombre mood today despite the bright conditions. Found out yesterday evening that our retreat on the Isles of Scilly has just gone into liquidation, and a number of long standing friends will be losing their jobs just before the new season begins. Really sad for my sister and BIL too as they were actually married in the hotel. We'll be visiting the islands again for sure, but it will seem strange staying elsewhere.

Many Happy Returns to tigrushka, teflondog, and maisonstinky (Wolfie, I remember Vijay well, but haven't seen him for quite a while bar one brief reappearance last summer).

SotD is Chergui.

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 13th March 2013 at 11:33 AM.

Bonjour!

vintage Egoiste

Basenotes Plus

Jon I'm sorry! How hard on all involved.

Birthday greetings to our celebrants! It is my 31st wedding anniversary today. I am wearing L'Artisan Seville a l'Aube.

Take care, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello all. SMN Garofano.
    DONNA

Good morning, everyone!

I'm in Prada Infusion d'Iris Absolue.

Happy Birthday tigrushka!

Such sad news, ((Jon)) - I'm so sorry.

Happy Anniversary tdem'61! That's an excellent milestone! Here's to the next 31 years!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Wednesday 13th March 2013

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

EVERLAST ORIGINAL 1910 this AM
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Right, Happy Anny to the tandems! That's quite an accomplishment, you know?

Happy Anniversary tdem!

I needed a scent to meet a designer, and her high end client in our showroom today. Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere to the rescue!

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Blog Entries

SotD - Back to Black by By Kilian (from yuyu15's sample, thanks!)

Good morning all. It is too cold for me this morning but is definitely the weather that people come down here for, beautiful sunny, the water is sparkling and over the water I can see the city and the airplanes coming in, just gorgeous.

Jailia today, and happy birthday to the 3 birthday scentedpersons and happy anniversary to tdem, I like prime numbers, 31 is a great number.
    Last edited by Robin-in-FL; 13th March 2013 at 01:55 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone! It's bright and sunny today, but quite cold again at -7F.

Happy Birthday to Tigrushka, Teflondog and Maisonstinky!!

Happy Anniversary, Tdem! I hope you and your hubby enjoy your special day!

((Jon)), I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your vacation spot. With all the memories
    you have there, I'm sure it will be hard to think of staying anywhere else.

Scent of the morning is Guerlain Apres l'Ondee.

Have a good day, everyone!
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday Tigrushka! (miss you!)
    Kewart - well atleast you smell awesome, I love YDAN, it's one of my favorite scents to smell on a woman.
    Happy Anniversary to tdem1961!

This morning, my A/C broke. Not too bad, since it's very cool in Miami last night/today but it will warm up again soon...so I had to go to Home Depot really early and buy a new unit that my Landlord will reimburse me for (I wear Chergui to Home Depot, in case you were wondering lol). While I was up I got coffee, headed to the fitness center & did 30 mins of cardio & then hauled my new A/C up a flight of stairs, all before my morning shower. Wow, I feel like I've accomplished so much already. (giggle)

Spending the day in:

Habit Rouge (vintage Deodorant + Eau de Toilette) by Guerlain

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Happy Anniversary to the tdems!

Happy Birthday to tigrushka!

Stay cool, Mike!

My SotD is Privet Bloom.

I'm making meringues today. I tried using Chambord black raspberry liqueur recently and liked the flavor so I'll make some more today.

Aoud Meloki by Montale

Good morning all! I was all prepared to reach for 31 rue Cambon, when my hand reached for Mauboussin by Mauboussin instead. Guess that is what I needed today

Happy birthday to tigrushka! And happy anniversary to tdem and hubby.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Tigrushka!
    Happy Anniversary, Mrs. & Mr. Tdem!
    Maisonstinky, yes. Over the years, so many lovely people have passed through the Basenotes archway. Being an agnostic, I don't presume to know the unknowable, but I often imagine a heaven where I might experience a BN Afterlife Meet-up with those too distant on this earthly plain.

Teardrop, Jon, I enjoyed sharing your welcome to Extra-Great Britain with Mr. Q. It triggered a deep, knowing stare between us. We've watched every episode of "House Hunters International" and "A Place in The Sun," two programs that show people looking for new homes in different parts of Europe mostly, but also Asia and Australia. He's the history buff and birder, I'm the amateur anthropologist, we both try to read the landscape and architecture. But just as we dare think about traveling, the tavernkeep down the road comes over to tell us his well has run dry, and it'll cost $20,000 to drill a new one. Scary. So, we pad our rainy-day fund (or drought-day fund) and hope the future brings unforeseen opportunities.

Dora, it makes me happy to see you here again. Damn those darn goals getting in the way of fun, huh?

So, if I have this straight, it's Serge Lutens for Home Depot, Mike? Does the same hold true for Menards and Lowes, or does one have to change houses?

Chanel Bois des Iles and I have had a little thing going on lately. I ordered a batch of samples last week and added a decant of BdI, so now I'm burning through my long-held sample. I'm 58 years old, I've been on BN 7-1/2 years, and just this year I added Shalimar and BdI to my wardrobe. That's one long learning curve.

Basenotes Plus

Wishing Mr and Mrs tdem a special day.

Also sending congrats to Robin

Basenotes Plus

Congrats, Robin on reaching 1,000 posts!!
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Wearing Mauboussin.

Happy anniversary to the tdems!
    I'm sorry to hear, Jon!
    Messe de Minuit (so-called 1st reformulation) on this stormy and cold evening. The storm is to stay, but only a few snowflakes forecast. That's a deal to me (at least skipping the bloody snow!).

Happy Birthday to Tigrushka, Teflondog and Maisonstinky!

Happy Anniversary, Tdem!

Tuscany Per Donna, EL.

Twolf and 30R, you guys make me hungry! That all sounds so good!

I smelled a nice, warm and spicy scent on someone recently, so I asked what it was..I guess it was Coco. It didn't smell like Coco to me..she may have been wearing it a while, idk. But she made me want a bottle! Though, Coco doesn't smell like that on me, the times I've worn it...bummer.

Good Evening,

Many Congratulations, Mrs. & Mr. Tdem Here's to the next 31 years of marriage.

Eau de Patou tonight.
    Best to all.

Mrs. Q, it just brings a tear to my eye to know you are now officially a Bois des Iles lover!!! Welcome

Amouage Shams al Doha for me.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Cuir Mauresque.

Twolf and 30Roses, my mouth is watering. I have to content myself with a fruit and protein smoothie tonight after my wonderfully indulgent dinner out last night (local Indian restaurant followed by a juicy Tempranillo at my favorite wine shop). Thank you again for all of the lovely birthday wishes. I love you all!

Happy Birthday to tigrushka and any one else celebrating a birthday!

Happy Anniversary to the tdems! Congratulations, kids!

Shades, I agree with you about Angel Leather. Ultimately, I decided not to buy any precisely because it lacked a sufficient leather punch. Also, so sorry about your Jayhawks. My Wildcat boyfriend was thrilled, however.

Jon, I'm so sorry about your vacation spot. Are there other places where you enjoy going? Or anything similar that could take its place?

Work is again crazy busy. SotD is Arquiste Aleksandr. Big love for this one.

I'm wearing SL MKK today. I'm enjoying a day off ... I have a new chicken and stuffing recipe in the crock pot, a batch of brownies baked, my kitchen is clean and one load of laundry done! Wheww! time to relax ...

Happy birthday to Tigs, teflondog, and maisonstinky! and a very happy anniversary to Mr and Mrs tdem!

ExtremeK, don't be too sorry for the Jayhawks ... 9 straight league championships is not an easy accomplishment, even if we would have rather won it outright instead of being co-champs. Back to business though, Big12 tournament starts tonight!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Wow, you are all making me hungry tonight!

Happy anniversary to the tdems!

Jon, sorry to hear you are sad. Big virtual hugs coming your way.

SOTE is Stoned by Solange.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Jon, I'm so sorry about your vacation spot. Are there other places where you enjoy going? Or anything similar that could take its place?
    Oh yes, the islands themselves have a good choice of accommodation, so we should find somewhere when we eventually return without too much difficulty. It was just that this particular place held special family significance. Plenty of other destinations we also love - we are actually flying off to one of them this coming weekend (watch this space !), and still have New Zealand to look forward too later in the year . BTW, still much appreciation for Aleksandr here too AND that birthday bash sounded right up my alley.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 13th March 2013 at 08:35 PM.

Hey y'all -

I'm in vintage Detchema for the afternoon, 60s parfum ...'though now I'm considering a tiny little spritz of the pdt, too. Sometimes I just can't stop myself.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Happy anniversary tdems!

I've had a windfall: Gourmand Coquin, Tonka imperiale and Bois d'armenie have landed in my hot little hands, all advance gifts for our dating, wedding anniversaries, and my birthday! Don't know why as they aren't till May, but I'm not complaining, as I've wanted them for months. Husband probably felt sorry for me, as I've been nursing my samples like they were gold. Weeee! Well, I guess it makes sense, as we will be on holiday during May and I couldn't take the bottles with me. I think I'll save one of them to wear later.

I've anointed myself in delicious Gourmand Coquin tonight. Yum.

Blog Entries

Congrats on a very nice haul Scentsucker, enjoy!

Do enjoy those goodies.

Ugh. So, been wearing Tuscany Per Donna, from sampling, so decided to get bottle off Ebay. Ugh. Fume is darkened and gone bad. Hard to tell from pics if a fume is still good and some sellers just don't know fumes can go bad I guess. Frustrating! Maybe I should limit Ebay purchases..haven't been pleased lately. The Tuscany has that nail polish rancid-ness to it. Blech.
    Last edited by kalli; 13th March 2013 at 11:41 PM.

Oh bad luck kalli! I baulk at ebay because of this risk myself. I'm a coward!

Thanks teardrop, I certainly will enjoy it!

Happy Birthday to tigrushka, maisonstinky and teflondog, and

Happy Anniversary to Mrs. & Mr. Tdem!

I'm sorry to hear your sad news, Jon... Unfortunatelly, nothing lasts forever...

I started my day with just one spray of Jicky.

I wore Frapin 1270 for going to a special film screening in the evening,
    but it was eventually cancelled, so I returned home to my usual "hobbies",
    that means washing the dishes, cooking and mopping the floor!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTN: L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Safran Troublant by L'Artisan. Some days would be hard to get through without the comfort of this one.

I started the day before my shower in Balmain de Balmain, and finished it in Shalimar

Happy Birthday, tigrushka!

Happy Anniversary to the tdems! Congratulations!

Jon, I hope you'll find the perfect place to begin a new chapter of happy memories. Will be an adjustment, to be sure.

Off to bed in Infusion d'Iris; good-night hugs to all!
    The nose wants what it wants!

SOTD: Creed - Aventus

Eva Green and I are in Midnight Poison, thanks to SouthernGardens.

Mike, I thought Miami was all about glitz, parties and saucy dancing in Speedos. Your HVAC-issues and trip to Home Depot sounds so...Illinois.

Blog Entries

This is Wednesday's thread...didn't get locked.