Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Fakes at amazon

  1. #1

    Default Fakes at amazon

    Just wondering, what are the chances of having a fake perfume sold in amazon?

    Would this be a fake by any chance?

    http://www.amazon.com/Eau-Dorange-Ve...27orange+verte
    seeking mitsouko 50ml's cap....desperately!!

  2. #2
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    79,206

    Default Re: Fakes at amazon

    I would say the chances are slim, especially if purchased directly from them.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Fakes at amazon

    The chances of you getting a fake fragrance from Amazon is very very slim. I heard people post and cry about fakes from Amazon, but have seen very little proof that they actually do. Look at some of the "fake" threads and most of them are from Ebay sellers. Keep in mind that Amazon has one of the best if not the best customer service of any company on the internets. Don't believe everything that comes out of people's pie holes.

  4. #4
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: Fakes at amazon

    I see the item in question is sold by Tuccini, not Amazon directly. I have ordered from Amazon through Tuccini once before and received genuine product. That being said, I seem to remember doing some research on Tuccini before I ordered and there were some mixed reviews on the authenticity of some items. All I can say though is I received genuine product. I would do some research and read some reviews about them before ordering. Just my 2 cents.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Fakes at amazon

    Quote Originally Posted by timmy-j View Post
    I see the item in question is sold by Tuccini, not Amazon directly. I have ordered from Amazon through Tuccini once before and received genuine product. That being said, I seem to remember doing some research on Tuccini before I ordered and there were some mixed reviews on the authenticity of some items. All I can say though is I received genuine product. I would do some research and read some reviews about them before ordering. Just my 2 cents.
    I've done research on various companies that are selling through both amazon and ebay (including larger retailers like Fragrancenet) and there are always complaints (usually revolving around shipping and fakes). Best thing to do, in my opinion, is check on their return policy and pay with a credit card so that you have options if in fact you get a fake or are simply unhappy with what you've received.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Fakes at amazon

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    I've done research on various companies that are selling through both amazon and ebay (including larger retailers like Fragrancenet) and there are always complaints (usually revolving around shipping and fakes). Best thing to do, in my opinion, is check on their return policy and pay with a credit card so that you have options if in fact you get a fake or are simply unhappy with what you've received.
    Very good advice. I'm an Amazon Prime member and have my Credit Cards on file with Amazon. Another thing is how many of those so called fakes really are fakes and how many are people who just didn't care for the fragrance?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Fakes at amazon

    Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Very good advice. I'm an Amazon Prime member and have my Credit Cards on file with Amazon. Another thing is how many of those so called fakes really are fakes and how many are people who just didn't care for the fragrance?
    I'm a Prime member as well (have been for years) and amazon has yet to disappoint me when I've had issues with anything I've bought through/from them. As for your point, I agree, unfortunately we cannot know how many of those claiming fakes aren't doing it to either ruin the reputation of a company or are simply unfamiliar with the scent they purchased or perhaps a reformulation that took place, etc.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Fakes at amazon

    I see. so in general amazon does not have much fakes and its safe to get stuff from them. The link earlier does not ship to my country so im going with this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2GCMKR8G7U19Z

    The reason why i ask is that im not sure for this one because the seller does not appear to be a perfume seller and he's selling a bunch of random things in addition to CdOV...
    seeking mitsouko 50ml's cap....desperately!!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Fakes at amazon

    When you're going off of Third Party Sellers you have to be vigilant. This one has 86% rating, which isn't that good, in my opinion, and it seems beauty products are the ones getting bad feedback.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Fakes at amazon

    I would say definitely look at the reviews for the person selling the item, if they have 5* reviews and a good history selling on Amazon, then chances are it shouldn't be fake. But as NYCBoomBoom has stated, the rating is definitely an important factor, and bad reviews on the beauty products is not a good sign. It is best to buy from a beauty website!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Fakes at amazon

    Whenever I read about people getting fakes from amazon, I wonder if amazon was the seller, or if it was a third party seller. Some don't say, and just say amazon because that's the site they got it on, so it's tough to tell who they're really calling out to be selling fakes. In your case, the link goes to Tuccini, with 90% positive, and a some reviewers claim they got a fake. There's another seller, ParfumUSA, who has a better 97% rating. If it were me, I'd probably go with ParfumUSA.

  12. #12
    treeman5823
    Guest

    Default Re: Fakes at amazon

    I have bought many a perfume from Amazon, including Fracas, Mitsouko, Shalimar, Jicky, and Habit Rouge. All are genuine products. Here's some general rules: buy directly from Amazon, not third parties; old fragrances, like classic Guerlains, are rarely faked. Happy purchasing.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Fakes at amazon

    I once bought a bottle of Philosykos from a third-party seller that was either fake or had gone very bad (smelled like burning plastic). I complained to them, and they ignored my emails. After a few weeks, I complained to Amazon, and I heard from the sellers within an hour. They emailed me the UPS materials, took back the product and refunded my money. So, except for the hassle, I didn't lose a thing.

Similar Threads

  1. What do you do with all your fakes?
    By MikeJ in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10th December 2012, 10:44 PM
  2. Fakes !
    By fraghead93 in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18th August 2012, 04:46 PM
  3. Creed fragrance on Amazon sold by Amazon authentic?
    By PradaG in forum Internet Shopping and City Shopping Guides
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14th June 2012, 05:39 PM
  4. How to spot fakes
    By FullCollapse in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2nd May 2012, 03:30 AM
  5. Fakes
    By Alicka61 in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th December 2006, 05:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •