Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SOTD Thursday, March 14

Evening Everybody,

Good luck tomorrow, Lucasai.
    Back in the comforting embrace of Jicky tonight - PdT concentration to match Mike.
    Best to all.

Must de Cartier.

Twolf, did you like the 1932? Haven't tried it yet..lol, seems cello and I were both wondering.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    I have spoken with one or two friends there already and they have other irons in the fire, so there is some hope for a a potential silver lining.
    Oh, I hope this means good news is in the works! I'm wishing hard for absolutely spectacular accomodations to fall into place for you!

(((Lucas))), you're in my thoughts, have been all week. I know you've been studying your hardest! Remember, we have every reason to believe this time will be better. Best of luck, sweetie!

I'm such a lucky lady in my No.5 vintage EDC today. Lovely scent which is all the better because it comes with association of the loveliest of friends- thank you, Whitefluffy!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Today I'm in Gucci No 3

10211588.jpg
    Currently wearing: Piper Leather by Illuminum

Jon, I'm in love with Spanish and Chilean wines right now -- grenaches (as a varietal and not a blend), tempranillos, and carmeneres .... Yum! What do you have planned for wine o'clock tomorrow? Also, I'm hoping we see a few photos from your trip to NZ!

G, my significant other just purchased a full bottle of Molecule 01 even though he can't smell it when he wears it, other than a faint whiff every now and then. I, however, nearly swoon whenever he wears it. So I can confidently say YOU SMELL MAHVELOUS, DAHLING!

Twolf, I suspect I'd eat anything you chose to put in front of me. How do you prefer flavor couscous? Do you add any vegetables to it?

((((((Quarry)))))) [translation: massively HUGE hugs!] Thank you so much for your post last night about England (and the lovely birthday wishes the day before ) Now you (and elizrj!) have gone and put me in a traveling state of mind! I think my first-ever trip to Paris will have to wait until next year as I wrap up the last of the financial consequences of my divorce and house sale. But there are plenty of options here at home, and I may just look into a few of them. (Door County, Wisconsin is on my list, btw)

Lucas, you have my best wishes for calmness, clear thinking, easy recollection, and -- most of all -- confidence! Test well. You can do this!

The sun is out, temps are in the 50s, and the snow is melting fast. Une Fleur de Cassie seems right for today. A little bit of the skank of winter amid the sunshine of coming spring.
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post

G, my significant other just purchased a full bottle of Molecule 01 even though he can't smell it when he wears it, other than a faint whiff every now and then. I, however, nearly swoon whenever he wears it. So I can confidently say YOU SMELL MAHVELOUS, DAHLING!
    Oh, you are sweet. And fine smelling (you know I love me a little bit o skank)

Blog Entries

SOTE is lncense Extreme on the left arm, & lncense Rose on the right, from my samples.

Jon, glad to hear you're feeling more hopeful today.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Jon, I'm in love with Spanish and Chilean wines right now -- grenaches (as a varietal and not a blend), tempranillos, and carmeneres .... Yum! What do you have planned for wine o'clock tomorrow? Also, I'm hoping we see a few photos from your trip to NZ!
    I'm sure there will be one or two pics .

Coincidentally there is a Chilean merlot on standby for tomorrow, and we do have a nice Spanish rioja in the rack too.
    Grape minds think alike

Hello again, everyone!

I'm back in vintage Miss Dior, 60s edt ...I just can't get enough of this gorgeous stuff lately. ♥

I just noticed your sotd, sfmedusa - one of my all-time favorites! You smell incredible!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Thank you- it was in celebration at picking up a little bottle bottle of Gucci No3 parfum for a song on Ebay

You've made me eager to wear tomorrow's perfume already though. I'm now very likely to go down in the cellar and pick out my Miss Dior parfum for tomorrow- wahay!
    Currently wearing: Piper Leather by Illuminum

^ Congratulations - the parfum is such a treasure! I've got my own little stash of it too, hehe.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Coincidentally there is a Chilean merlot on standby for tomorrow
    Oooh, I love some Chilean Merlot! There is one we love that smells of teak wood, quite exotic.

Speaking of delicious, I just got my package from UPS with 28, La Pausa and Coromandel. Had to celebrate with the generous application of Coromandel, and I feel....aaahhhhh . If it wasn't for you,PerfumedLady, these two gorgeous would have never found its way into my home

Lucas when it comes to exams, in my experience second time IS the charm. I know you will do well!

Good luck, lucasai!

Happy Birthday, Baldufita!

I wore Nu today,
    appropriate for this cold day, before spring comes.

Beautiful day here, nice amount of snow melting going on! Love it!

Happy Birthday, Baldufita!

Lucas, my fingers will be crossed for you, but I don't think you need any outside help,
    you'll do great!

Went to the dentist this morning and finally have my implant finished, YAY! Took
    a year and 9 months, lol, but it's done. Good to feel 100% once again.

Scent this afternoon is Alien, loving the jasmine!

Have a great day!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Chanel Bois des Iles and I have had a little thing going on lately. I ordered a batch of samples last week and added a decant of BdI, so now I'm burning through my long-held sample. I'm 58 years old, I've been on BN 7-1/2 years, and just this year I added Shalimar and BdI to my wardrobe. That's one long learning curve.
    It took me YEARS to warm to Bois de Iles but when it snuck up on me the hold was irresistible. Something about the aldehydes and sandalwood (minus the fruity sweetness of say...Egoiste) is addictive.

And, since you asked, I'm not usually shopping at Home Depot so I can't say if my Serge Lutens fragrance choice will be a continuing tradition, but I'll let you know. (Note: I can't imagine rockin' A La Nuit while trying to buy a hammer...but who knows, right!?) My learning curve (in regards to home renovations) is equally long.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Dentists are no fun, K. Glad to hear the implant is done. Alien is the only TM scent I find kind of wearable.

I picked up an awesome smelling candle. Tobacco scented, smells just like a smoke pipe. Never seen a tobacco candle. And it's not weak either.
    Last edited by kalli; 14th March 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Cuir Mauresque for me today.

Lucas, I've crossed all my fingers and limbs for you. Good luck!!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Elizrj, ExtremeK, wouldn't we just take Europe by storm? Heck, we could stink up Door County pretty good.

Lucas, we are again pulling for you, although you deserve all the credit for your accomplishments.

Glad you're feeling whole, Kiliwia.

Grape minds think alike, eh, Jon? You are perpetually cute.

Mike, you're making me nostalgic for the smell of the first-generation home-improvement stores with real lumber yards and oil-based paints. Today's stores don't provide the best olfactory education. Cedar, pine, oak, linseed oil -- real perfume.

We're really earning our spring this year, aren't we? I'm helping the season along with L'eau de Tarocco by Diptyque. Weak but oh so fun. Orange is so cheery.

heart of ice

Drive-by posting tonight; I've had to work late tonight and I'm on call ... I'm wearing Sweet Redemption today.

Thinking of everyone ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Institution

cello -- my impressions of 1932 are sort of jumbled, but it is LOVE at first sniff. I will give it a full wearing tomorrow, OK?

Meantime, I find Ramon Monegal Impossible Iris irresitible as it has the sweetness many realistic iris fragrances lack and is void of a variety of musk I can't stomach (like in Prada Infusions d'Iris). I do not know about the correlation between the price and longevity yet, but I will definitely be looking for a large decant to wear in the summer.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Floris No. 89 edt tonight
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."
    Currently wearing: Versus Uomo by Versace

Love at first sniff? Nice. So two scents are winners lately, huh? That's pretty good twolf!