Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LM Parfums

Default Re: LM Parfums

Owned Black Oud and gave it away after a few weeks. Not worth it in my opinion although it's not bad. If I had to give it a color it would be "velvet purple". It's got that goth thing going for it.

The word "Extrait" is what made me buy it but the performance was just so/so. I've definitely sampled better extraits. I've read that Hard Leather (another one I was interested in) smells like BO but with some added leather.

I would definitely sample these before buying.

On another note somebody is shilling for LM BIGTIME I've seen this brand hyped up on here for a while now.
    Last edited by thatmakesscents; 2nd September 2014 at 02:50 AM.

Dependent

Enjoy black oud. Love hard leather. Haven't tried the others.
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

LM have a good sales team with pots of dough for advertising.

UK Manchester bods may be able to smell it first as the lovely perfume sales manager in Harvey Nicks there carries the line. Ask him because he's a mine of niche information. Lovely man.
    Currently wearing: Montecristo by Masque

..when traslated into Italian the house name is disconcerting...

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Hmmmm.... "LM Parfums"....? What does this translate to? (my Italian is a little rusty)
    Laurent...Mazzone, can't say any more..bit of research on Italian slang dictionaries!

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    Owned Black Oud and gave it away after a few weeks. Not worth it in my opinion although it's not bad. If I had to give it a color it would be "velvet purple". It's got that goth thing going for it.

The word "Extrait" is what made me buy it but the performance was just so/so. I've definitely sampled better extraits. I've read that Hard Leather (another one I was interested in) smells like BO but with some added leather.

I would definitely sample these before buying.

On another note somebody is shilling for LM BIGTIME I've seen this brand hyped up on here for a while now.
    I agree 110% about hype..
    I read on a review site that said Black Oud was better than Puredistance Black which I love and blind bought it..
    I get zero projection after an hour.. I can't smell any Incense or Spice, all I get is a Smokey Oud but have to get my nose close.. I keep thinking I must have a bad bottle if this is a Perfume Extract.. I have been trying it for the last three days hoping my nose we get what others write about... I bought this from well known US seller.. I can't help thinking they changed the formula when I read people like it.. I'll take Montale Black Oud any day over Black Oud and Puredistance Black is not in the same universe IMHO The fragrance truly is perplexing me.. I wrote LM and no replay and I called seller and I am waiting on a sample to check against my bottle..

Quote Originally Posted by rarebear View Post
    I agree 110% about hype..
    I read on a review site that said Black Oud was better than Puredistance Black which I love and blind bought it..
    I get zero projection after an hour.. I can't smell any Incense or Spice, all I get is a Smokey Oud but have to get my nose close.. I keep thinking I must have a bad bottle if this is a Perfume Extract.. I have been trying it for the last three days hoping my nose we get what others write about... I bought this from well known US seller.. I can't help thinking they changed the formula when I read people like it.. I'll take Montale Black Oud any day over Black Oud and Puredistance Black is not in the same universe IMHO The fragrance truly is perplexing me.. I wrote LM and no replay and I called seller and I am waiting on a sample to check against my bottle..
    I doubt they have changed the formula since I purchased my bottle last year. It is just another case of "different tastes" and guessing that a lot of our members are shilling for retail establishments or are retail establishments themselves. I am continuously blown away by reviews of BEAST MODE fragrances that fizzle away in less than an hour. If you look close enough you can always find one "authentic" review but you need to dig deep....really deep. Some of those avatars could be photos lifted from Facebook.

Try before you buy...ALWAYS

I would also doubt that the formula has changed. As mentioned above, just "different tastes"
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Formulas can and do change. There have been many introduced ingredient limitations that could directly impact perfumes already out there, so to speak. I'm sure if one had to be overly altered though, it would get withdrawn.
    Currently wearing: Montecristo by Masque

I want to take back my shilling comment..
    It is not what I mean to convey..
    I should have stuck with the bottle I have is different that others
    I let my emotions get me carried away, I was angry at myself for believing something I read on a review website..
    It was not good of me to say people are shilling when I have no idea..
    They maybe insane but I shouldn't say they have bad intentions that was wrong..
    Last edited by rarebear; 21st November 2014 at 01:51 AM.

Dependent

Overall. .ehhh.
    Hard leather is great the rest of the line leaves me a bit yawning. Black oud is alright.
    This ISNT masque milano.
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Patchouly Boheme is a five star scent for me. I rather liked Sensual Orchid form a sample I had. I will have to try Black Oud & Hard Leather.

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Patchouly Boheme is a five star scent for me.
    This is indeed a very nice patchouli scent.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Maillard View Post
    I tested only Ambre Muscadin some months ago and I quite liked it, despite a subtle but a bit disturbing pee note.
    Quoting myself just to confirm that - which by the way is in my opinion still the only one by this house which isn't a complete disaster (haven't tested Patchouli B. though, but I have the sample somewhere).

My sales thread | Rare, discontinued & vintage stuff!

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat